IgnobleBasterd

Zombies are normal humans with virus?

but when i put in a suggestion about players becoming zombies i was told no no no no, it goes against the dayz lore, so if you are saying there is no lore then what is the point of having a suggestion page whenever everything that gets suggested gets thrown out?

Because they are not zombies, nor undead.  

Edited by Caboose187

You can suggest anything you want but it doesn't mean they're going yo put it in. That's one that they have flatly shot down numerous times already. Imagine what a clusterfuck this or any game would be if every suggestion had to be taken.

Seriously, man!?

Since 0.55 every post from this guy has been whining about features of the game he doesn't like.

What he's been doing is rude and was rude first in this thread.

Appropriate response was appropriate.

^^^Because that's constructive!?

People need to relax on calling the New Yorker with the pointed language, "rude".

I only launch criticism at those who earn it.

Life isn't so serious. *hugs*

but when i put in a suggestion about players becoming zombies i was told no no no no, it goes against the dayz lore, so if you are saying there is no lore then what is the point of having a suggestion page whenever everything that gets suggested gets thrown out?

Said who? Do you have a quote for that?

There isn't a fully fleshed out lore, yet.  There's only a few things that have been confirmed, and it's been about the zombies.  I do not have the exact numbers but it goes something like this.

Roughly 98% of the world's population has been infected, with the remaining 2% Immune to the virus.

Of the 98% infected, roughly 60% died from the infection (think they said 'brain liquidification' was the main cause of death)

The 40% of infected not dead are what we encounter in game.

There was even a theoretical paper drafted on the zombie virus by Rocket's brother (I've yet to see this paper but would love to).

If that 'lore' isn't enough for you to know why your 'zombie player' idea got shot down instantly then let me put it this way, The Devs said no.  Not 'well think about it', not 'maybe if someone makes a petition', they said No.  Player Zombies (PC or NPC) will be too much trouble for them to even bother attempting for the limited amount of gameplay it would add.  Some modders will more than likely attempt it or even do it, some might even do it well, but it won't be on the main hive.

• Like 1

Life isn't so serious. *hugs*

My passion for the vision of DayZ is pretty "serious". I believe in it strongly.

Passion, sensitivity, and wisdom, are often misinterpreted in this life and I don't hold back any of those things.

Edit: Hugs are the bestest, thanks. :wub:

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Since when does any game involving zombies not require a suspension of logic?

• Like 2

Said who? Do you have a quote for that?

4th message down on first page

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223425-power-grids-character-zombies-after-death/

The poster obviously didnt read my opening message because he claims the current game engine cant handle it and i even said AFTER the new engine comes in things like this could be easier to do

Edited by archamedes

4th message down on first page

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223425-power-grids-character-zombies-after-death/

The poster obviously didnt read my opening message because he claims the current game engine cant handle it and i even said AFTER the new engine comes in things like this could be easier to do

Hardly official now, is it

So what? There's no explanation for anything. One might consider it being a plot hole that there's something like "Zombies" in the first place. None of what you say applies in this case, seeing as there's no lore to go with the game, thus there's no plot holes.

(here's an example) that's like saying there's no holes in lord of the rings because its a fantasy film, and couldn't happen in real life, when (example) say frodo could just fly to Mordor (there is a reason for it, a little but deeper in the lord then the movies, but im just using that as an example)

Much like people, they eat (probably uninfected/animals), they most likely drink (we don't see the animals drink, who says zeds don't?), and probably aren't any more or less susceptible to cold than we are.

I don't understand why you're discussing this. Just stop.

• Like 3

Much like people, they eat (probably uninfected/animals), they most likely drink (we don't see the animals drink, who says zeds don't?), and probably aren't any more or less susceptible to cold than we are.

I don't understand why you're discussing this. Just stop.

This, pretty much.

You guys are assuming too much. It's a blank slate. 

Whose to say the zombies have been alive that long. Maybe they are just the recently infected. Maybe the only live for a few days and die. Maybe they use all of their energy in their brief life and that is why they are strong. Maybe they are being controlled by the virus. Maybe the virus provides photosynthesis. Maybe they metabolize air. Maybe their skin has become hardened in some way through the act of the virus eating their skin. Maybe they are being controlled from space. Maybe it's magic.

The point is... there are a million ways to explain the current situation with the zeds... but none of the matter.

Edited by WolfgangErikson
  • Like 1

Everybody shut up.  Nanomachines.

You stole my line! :P

But yeah, fishing for plot holes in a zombie apocalypse game set in a fictional place... that's grasping for straws a little.

• Like 1

Is there any evidence that the zombies are actually cannibalistic? They don't seem very hungry in your encounters with them. I'm assuming that they're more like the zombie in Left 4 Dead. They're just psychotically violent and seek to kill or infect anything that isn't infected (i.e. They bite to infect, not to eat). 

ITT:

Realism buffs getting owned by simple logic. Thus, their claims of being buffs of realism are...fake?

WHAT VILE SORCERY IS THIS?!

• Like 1

Is there any evidence that the zombies are actually cannibalistic? -snip-

In the mod you could watch them squat and sort of scoop invisible stuff off a player who is dead or knocked out.

It very much resembled "eating".

Officially, I do not think the infected are supposed to be overtly cannibalistic but maybe that's subject to change/flexibility.

• Like 1

I've considered checking out the mod off and on but I'm not sure that I wanna spend the extra money on it lol.

From where do they get this energy?

From eating non-infected humans.

This is why I really want to see "Grab & Bite" mechanic in DayZ.

So, zombies themselves are physiologically possible then?

Yes!  A mutation of the rabies virus that would allow it to bond with hemoglobin or lymphocytes would be potentially devatsating to mammal populations.  As it stands, rabies is fairly innocuous because it can only inhabit nervous-system tissues, and consequently takes many days to reach the brain; traveling along axons at a rate of only 3mm per hour.

While unlikely, this is the closest plausible zombie analog that I have been able to imagine.  Even though it is unlikely that the host would be as murderously motivated as many pop-culture examples we are familiar with, it is interesting to know that the rabies virus only lives in two places in the body--the nervous system, and in saliva to contaminate new hosts.

IF rabies were to mutate in such a way as to travel through different tissues, or possibly form a symbiosis with man-made nanotech targeted at removing amyloid proteins from the aging brains of dementia patients, the outcome could somewhat resemble what we see in 28 Days Later.

I continue to hold the belief dayz has been sold to us with the word ZOMBIE and with the intention of it being a ZOMBIE game.

And I really dislike this bullshit crazy people with a cold idea. As of 0.55 """""""""""zombies""""""""""""" are just random people walking around and then attacking you. 

Thats so fuking dull to me. Zombies are the walking dead, they eat the living, the are walking rotting corpses. Not superhuman nutters.  

I love the desolate abandoned survival atmosphere. We all do, thats why zombie movies (real zombie movies) and games and tv shows are so popular.

The raging lunatic idea just ruins that. Thats what DESTROYED resident evil.   

Edited by sai