boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

They should be knocked down from 3-4 axe-hits on head (not 6 or more), but dealing 20-40% higher damage each hit to the player.

do you really think it is realistic to smash the head of a brainless piece of meat 3-4 times till it dies?

1-2 hits with an axe should kill it.

Kg weight of items is bugged when it comes to weapons magazines.

an akm drums weights like 75 kilos, 30rnd clip weights about 30 kilos

Edited by halp

Kg weight of items is bugged when it comes to weapons magazines.

an akm drums weights like 75 kilos, 30rnd clip weights about 30 kilos

You mean like the Fireaxe weighs a measly 0.25kg and a gorka uniform jacket weighs about 1 or 2 kg(can't remember), I wonder what material the fire axe is made out of.

I dare to suggest this: for one week or one moth, make player spawn points (hundreds) across all the map. I imagine amazing results. You will see another player very often no matter where you are on the map.

• Like 1

I spent an hour ingame today and really enjoyed it.

As I logged off on a tower/chimney in elektro last time on stable I was confronted by the sign of a few zombies roaming the nearby streets. Roaming instead of standing still is already a great improvement in my opinion. When I got down I got charged by a nearby zombie but could finally defeat it with my axe. I then sneaked around town and could avoid most zombies as I saw them before they saw me. Them slowly walking around makes this especially rewarding as one just cant say if an area is clear. Found some stuff in elektro but nothing special.

I then headed north and looted two hunting cabins - one had a cz rifle (dont know the exact name) and the second one a fitting magazine which made me pretty happy and was fitting loot as that is a hunting rifle as far as I know. The cabins also had some clothes.

After I killed a pig I experienced the campfire despawn problem but that is promised to be fixed as I just read.

All in all I am pretty happy, of course everything needs tweaking but the general direction the game is going (harder zombies, more stealthy approach in towns necessary) is to my favor!

do you really think it is realistic to smash the head of a brainless piece of meat 3-4 times till it dies?

1-2 hits with an axe should kill it.

realistic not, but better for the gameplay... where is the challenge if you can kill a zed with only one or two hit on head with a melee-weapon... then players can/will play rambo style again...

Jesus all this bitching and moaning. I bet all these whiny kids haven't played the mod and that's why they're so buttblasted. Face it - zombies were a genuine threat in the mod and now they're starting to resemble that in SA. As for persistence it supposedly isn't working right hence why there's little loot but it will get fixed eventually. I'm not surprised it's not working though because something was bound to break on an update like this.

Plz don't say "the mod", there were so many...do you mean vanilly DayZ mod? Either way, the hardest zeds I met were in DayZero ... .

Oh the whining about the infected being to hard. Downright ridiculous. (Not so much in this thread, but overall)

"Ohh, you broke the game for me. I can´t deathmatch in cherno anymore!!!11" 

Play CS:GO. Seriously, people forgot what DayZ is all about.

What DayZ is NOT about:

- Deathmatch in Cherno

- Finding weapons under every stone

- Having NO problem to survive in the wilderness whatsoever

- Cleaving through hordes of infected with zero fucks given

- KOSing every freshspawn at the coast for the lolz.

- Being a dick to everyone, because a famous youtuber does so

What DayZ is actually about

- Teaming up to rise chance of survival

- Watching your teammates back every second

- Avoiding other groups of players because of the risk

- Celebrating every can of beanz you find

- Watching a water pump for 10 minutes, because the server is packed

- Actually struggling in the wilderness to keep yourself alive

- Thinking twice about entering a village because of the infected actually being a threat

- Always planing three steps ahead

- Fixing up a car or even a chopper is a team effort

I applaud the Devs for a great step towards DayZ, as it is intended to be. Kudos and keep up the great work.

While I agree on most parts with you, you forgot a few words there, I am sure you meant to say "What DayZ is NOT about" and "What DayZ is actually about" ... in your opinion. You could also reduce the first part to "DayZ should not be easy, Deathmatch in Cherno or about being a dick because of a youtuber". And whoever said that a few ppl that wanna pvp in Cherno should not be able to get into the town, clear it of zeds and pvp there? As mentioned above, the hardest zeds I found in the mods was in DayZero. And that is a very pvp centered mod. Well, maybe not in Cherno, but still.

Infected are just perfect and I noticed you can out run some of them (Staminia ?), ... SNIP

I can only guess that zeds will get stamina then, too. Infected or not, still human right? So nothing should change there, I guess. Well, unless you agro a new one every 200 meters.

Even bigger problem: If you don't find other food, you will be long starved until you are able to hunt. In my eyes the biggest problem with all the hunting area..

I remember Hicks saying on one of his streams that they intend the survival gear needed to hunt/fish/grow stuff should be readily available, so ppl will actually use it. I guess we are not there yet ;).

all i can think about is the pvpers being all butthurt that they cant go to 2 bases and server hop...get geared... get a truck... go south and kill bambi's..

cause killing unarmed people is skill in dayz.. 

AND

Thank you! thank you! At first I was worried the new mechanics didn't do much against KOSers, but this is exciting. Those who play just to get a rise out of ruining someone's early experiences of the game are voluntarily removing themselves! Good riddance kiddo. ... SNIP

Not at all, I am still here! And while I was never about going to the coast and shooting freshies or even killing ungeared players before, the arguments in the first 11 pages of this thread resulted in me coming to the decision, that I will kill absolutely everyone I see in this patch. Well, unless they kill me of course. My form of anger management. And we should always remember that (unless my memory tricks me here) the devs said they do not want to impose a certain style of play on players. If ppl want to sit at the coast and pick off players, that is their decision. I can only hope that game balance will bring more ppl into the west, but so far my hopes have been in vain. With ppl finding military weapons at the coast, the incentive to go west will get even less.

I read a similar argument in the experimental thread before, I think you got it wrong. Now ppl going though towns looking for stuff will be even more at a disadvantage to those lying outside that town a few hundred meters away in a bush with a Mosin and a LRS. The stealth mechanics will prevent them drawing zeds out of town and those in town will probably be forced to sometimes drop the stealth approach to run from / melee / do whatever with one or more zeds on their back - they will still be spotted. And ppl generally moving more cautiously through towns means only more time for the Mosin dude to get into a good position for when the player will leave the town. I do not like that camping style of play one bit, but it is extremely effective. The scales were tipped further towards that style with ghillies, now the working stealth mechanics will make it even stronger.

I worry about DayZ becoming something with 200ppl servers, everyone lying in some bush and the first one to die is the poor sod forced out of his bush by hunger or thirst that desperately tries to plant a pumpkin. And then no one will loot him, because that will be his death... . Ok, that was over the top, but I saw such developments on my main private hive. Played 4 hours on a packed server, saw no one. Then went in the area east of Veresnik and at least 3 ppl started shooting me from their hiding places. Was unconscious forever, no one finished me off for minutes, I can only guess that no one left his bush to loot me because it was just too dangerous. That game session was just plain boring.

This is how this game should be. Zeds should rip you apart - just one should be enough to kill the player very fast. ... SNIP

AND

So what? Who says you shoud be able to handle 1/3 Zeds?  ... SNIP

This is how the game should be ... in your opinion. And who says you should not be able to handle 1/3 Zeds. Whatever threat a third of a zed is ... . In the end it does not matter how dangerous a single or three zeds are. You have to combine that with the number of zeds you will have on your back and how you can manage them without going into melee like locking them in or whatever. If that makes interesting gameplay, a gameplay where skill (including melee where skill matters) and experience will give you the possibilites to survive, then we have a good balance. OH, almost forgot to say that this is not a fact but my opinion.

EDIT: sorry, had a huge quote in there that should not have been in...and placed another at the wrong spot ... ups

Edited by bautschi

Re water:

Yeah I was panicking about nothing, sorry

- you can empty out canteens

- pumps and rainwater are ok to drink

so no problem. I just got to man-up and start surviving

Phew. So now, get Gorka jacket. Find raining server. Profit.

• Like 1

but my opinion.

'TL;dr: everyone is just sharing his/her opinion.'

If the developers like how their game is, then this is how is going to be further (and was). Accept it or search an another game.

[edit: MotleyKoop sayz pump water is pure ... hmm, wish I could empty bad canteens]

You can, put canteen in your hand and select empty vessel.even i used a alcohol tincture bottle to drink and water my plants, better than nothing. I double empty it before drink. Better safe than sorry. Edited by Polini
  • Like 1

I have only been playing this game for a week so i have no idea what the game was really like before, that said i really like the way the game is with the new patch. Fighting tooth and nail just to survive was how i assumed the game would be anyway, spent most of my first few hours drinking from ponds and picking berries just to stop from dying before a lucky find on a farm that no one had looted meant i would live a little longer. Also enjoyed running from the Zeds because i had no weapon apart from my fists and dodging bandits who were after what little gear i have.

Just how i thought the apocalypse would be :P.

Great job dev's, keep it up :).

• Like 7

This is how the game should be ... in your opinion. And who says you should not be able to handle 1/3 Zeds. Whatever threat a third of a zed is ... . In the end it does not matter how dangerous a single or three zeds are. You have to combine that with the number of zeds you will have on your back and how you can manage them without going into melee like locking them in or whatever. If that makes interesting gameplay, a gameplay where skill (including melee where skill matters) and experience will give you the possibilites to survive, then we have a good balance. OH, almost forgot to say that this is not a fact but my opinion.

In many games like stalker you cannot go in some place or you cannot handle just one creature simply because you are not prepared yet. 1 Z is a little exagerated, you actually can handle one zed.

Played DayZ right after the update. The new zombies are ok, a little bit too strong in my opinion. My problem was the food. Didn't find anything

Besides the fact that we lost two tents to the yeah to what? and the sliding sv3- Its very good.

Played DayZ right after the update. The new zombies are ok, a little bit too strong in my opinion. My problem was the food. Didn't find anything

I played a few minutes yesterday until server got unresponsive (but I got that with high pop persistent servers even before) and I was able to obtain a few apples from the trees and axe a cow. Which is how it should be in my opinion.

My experiences with tents so far...

- found a tent, grab it and joined to my homeserver with tent in hands. Spawned in, pitched it up, it disappeared.

- mate found tent, joined my server, layed it on the ground, grabbed it again and pitched it up. No problem

- a few hours and one serverreset later we found a second tent, pitched it up a few meters beside the first

one. The first tent with our loot disappeared and the second empty one stands there 

My squad and me didn't find a lot of food either  :emptycan:.

I'm sad to say that but this 0.55 made me a flesh eater and I could survive long enough to enjoy this build (Special thanks to the bandits inside my belly), also I noticed that raw human meat didn't get us sick, I ate maybe 10 full meat, only one get me a wierd taste and I took one charcoal tab to get rid of the sickness but no side effects. 

Also, the PU scope seems "glitched" on the SKS (I didn't try on the mosin, but the view is zoomed in without the reticle when you try to aim)

-snap-

my advice, read eugene's tweets regarding dayz's newest branch after the release or use reddit too. It is a well-known bug/issue. It was mentioned a few times on reddit yesterday evening and even today. The developers said they are going to fix it.

Edited by PaniXx

hi !

very good patch IMO !

- Z are a threat now and the new AI is great. i heard a lot of player taking the risk to be heard by killing them with fire arms. with a little pratice you can manage Z quite well with an axe : they can be dropped with 1 HS and cicling around makes you miss so stay in front of them and aim for the head, if you do good you'll take only 1-2 hits. desynch has a HUGE effect on your melee fighting abilities sadly.

- forced persistence has good and bad effects. i build my first advanced camp with rabbit snares, garden, tent... and i must say it feels really good. but there are bad effects too : be the first to loot a place and you'll find military grade gear everywhere, be the 10th and you'll find nothing... i really struggled to find weapons and amo and that ok, but in 7h of gameplay i have yet to find matches :( and that definitely not ok. the weather was sunny so coldness was not a big problem, but with rain i'm pretty mutch dead :(. please add lighters and make matches more common since you can find a fire source in evey house on this planet. knife + fire stone might be a good idea too.

ps : my tent stayed where i pitch it, with all its content untouched ;) , so i guees that the disapearing stuff bug is gone.

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 1

how can i get rid of hand shakes after a zombie hit me ? splint wont do a thing, morphine either.

im not cold.

painkillers?

Edited by halp

So, the server I play on countermeasures persistency by resetting the pers-hive every 4 hours. Basicly that means everything is back to as it always was.

Too bad, I liked to FORCE people off the damn coast, what they do there is not dayz. However, Bohemia delivered the forced persistency too early, without addressing loot concentration yet, so people were forced to find a workaround. The bad thing is, I believe whatever bohemia does now, now the admins will always reset the pers-hive, if they have multiple servers.

Feels like the new smart loot system is in action. Similar results like 10 food, 10 clothes, 3 backpacks and 2 guns (the numbers are random) per city. Very few same items, except the most common ones.

Of course, it can be a coincidence.

BTW....

Being able to find military clothing in civilian houses makes good sense to me.

Soldiers have homes where they keep clothing/gear after they leave service or keep clothing stored while serving.

Many civilian hunters will also have a wide variety of civilian and military camo clothes kept in their homes.

Personally, I've found high cap vests in gray barns for a very long time now as well.

realistic not, but better for the gameplay... where is the challenge if you can kill a zed with only one or two hit on head with a melee-weapon... then players can/will play rambo style again...

then increase the amount of zombies wich takes 1-2 hits into the head! and not that suicide style where you have to hit the zombie 5 times with an axe and he strikes you back 7 times and you are close to death. newbs wouldnt have a chance. and for me, there is zero fun

'TL;dr: everyone is just sharing his/her opinion.'

If the developers like how their game is, then this is how is going to be further (and was). Accept it or search an another game.

Yet devs are not the ones that paid for it and they are not making this game for themselves. That is why they should listen to opinions and suggestions of players.

@newguyzombie

Sometimes zombie can 1 hit you (I saw it, zed just killed freshspawn with 1 hit, if it's not bug then I don't know) and they destroyed (ruined) my pristine M65 jacket with 1 hit.

Edited by kubas246