boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

A: Its not dying, we lost players to gta5 and the game is not released. Its under development. Playerbase will fluctuate.

You also lost players because of stupid bugged zombies.

• Like 1

Hello all. Are the helicrash sites spawning loot? Found many over the weekend but no loot. Confirm please. Also, can anyone confirm 45 mags, plastic containers and ammo crates.

Thanx. DAYZ!!

Alright, so get this. I don't like to server hop so myself and a friend have spent the majority of .55 on two servers. We started having connection problems with the first so we switched to another. After spending many days scouring the map, we were finding tons of food and civilian grade munitions. However, once most of that was looted, that seemed to be all she wrote. Fed up, we eventually broke our own rule (damn it!) and hopped about 10 servers to see if we could find somewhere to play where it wasn't picked clean. All we could find were a handful of boxes of ammo after hopping Tent City and NWAF. 

Last night I found a barn in the the NW corner of the map.

HmavrKB.jpg

The image doesn't do this justice. There are more piles behind me, underneath me, and to my left and right. Every time I moved one item, 5 more would be revealed. I spent at least an hour and a half in this barn. I stashed everything that was in my backpack and just continually emptied the barn, over and over, in the hopes that item cleanup would start to restock these items elsewhere. The cleanup part is clearly working. I went back awhile later and all that was left was about 20 bags of lime (lime is persistent?). However, the barn is still restocking. It isn't refilling at an alarming rate, but I am definitely seeing items on the top of the pile that were not there just a short time before. 

I'm guessing stuff like this might be happening on many servers, causing the loot shortages I'm seeing. What is going on here? Is this worthy of some form of formal report? If so, where do I go?

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Alright, so get this. I don't like to server hop so myself and a friend have spent the majority of .55 on two servers. We started having connection problems with the first so we switched to another. After spending many days scouring the map, we were finding tons of food and civilian grade munitions. However, once most of that was looted, that seemed to be all she wrote. Fed up, we eventually broke our own rule (damn it!) and hopped about 10 servers to see if we could find somewhere to play where it wasn't picked clean. All we could find were a handful of boxes of ammo after hopping Tent City and NWAF. 

Last night I found a barn in the the NW corner of the map.

HmavrKB.jpg

The image doesn't do this justice. There are more piles behind me, underneath me, and to my left and right. Every time I moved one item, 5 more would be revealed. I spent at least an hour and a half in this barn. I stashed everything that was in my backpack and just continually emptied the barn, over and over, in the hopes that item cleanup would start to restock these items elsewhere. The cleanup part is clearly working. I went back awhile later and all that was left was about 20 bags of lime (lime is persistent?). However, the barn is still restocking. It isn't refilling at an alarming rate, but I am definitely seeing items on the top of the pile that were not there just a short time before. 

I'm guessing stuff like this might be happening on many servers, causing the loot shortages I'm seeing. What is going on here? Is this worthy of some form of formal report? If so, where do I go?

Easy:

Go to the DayZ - PC section of the forum and select Bug reports.

Open an account.

Read the HowTo (http://feedback.dayzgame.com/how-to-user.html).

Submit your report.

• Like 1

Easy:

Go to the DayZ - PC section of the forum and select Bug reports.

Open an account.

Read the HowTo (http://feedback.dayzgame.com/how-to-user.html).

Submit your report.

I think this problem will seize to exist when the new loot system gets fixed and reincorporated. I often enjoyed these "treasuresites", because it doesn't happen every day you come across one. It seems on the server I play on loot spawns "normally", and I haven't come across anything like that (picture) lately. 

What confuses me is that yesterday I put down a backpack and a gun and they are both there today. So it seems like our server is persistent after all. However, when we build a tent and put down backpacks on the same server last week, it all disappeared. Is it possible that server-owners need a day or two after a patch to make adjustments of some kind, until persistence and other things work again? I cannot explain otherwise why it seems persistence is now working (on that server), even though it wasn't working last week (same patch innit?!).

anyone else having even increased rubber banding issues? like, i run away from people because they just teleport all the time rubberbanding issues?

• Like 1

Man, most people in this game suck. Actually, people are pretty awful in general. People use to communicate and be friendly all of time back in the old Xbox 360 days. The world is crap now and all people can do is bury themselves in their phones. I have been killed twice in the last 15 minutes. The first time was from a distance... I didn't even see the person. The second time was by a couple of guys. I saw the first one and my mic isn't working so I said, "Hey! My mic isn't working..." I put my hands up and then his buddy shoots me. What the heck? They didn't even respond to me. They need to make more of an incentive to NOT kill other players. This is so retarded. I should just go play Battlefield and wait for Survive the Nights to release...

Incentives to not kill ppl, like what? In a later post you mentioned something like having negative impacts for ppl who play as bandits ... totally against something like that. I kind of am at a loss about what exactly can be done to increase "friendlieness". I can only advise you to be stealthy and initiate friendly encounters from a position of power (you can easily kill the other(s) or from a position of some kind of defensive advantage (you can get away pretty securely).

I have a feeling that this game will die out before it's even finished...

A lot of ppl have that feeling, at least from time to time. Problem is, everyone has different reasons for that feeling :)

anyone else having even increased rubber banding issues? like, i run away from people because they just teleport all the time rubberbanding issues?

YES! Today with a friend of mine who I know has a good internet connection was all over the place the closer I was to him. I have some of it recorded while we were on the Jungle with 50 players on. His ping and my ping were 20's and teen's. Dsync was never over 300 so it seems to me to be more server side? Definitely looked like teleporting and just straight LAG :(  

YES! Today with a friend of mine who I know has a good internet connection was all over the place the closer I was to him. I have some of it recorded while we were on the Jungle with 50 players on. His ping and my ping were 20's and teen's. Dsync was never over 300 so it seems to me to be more server side? Definitely looked like teleporting and just straight LAG :(

Yeah I agreee, something is different now. Could it be, because they sped up the 24 hour cycle?

Also, night... I guess this was adressed before, but can I just ask: I play Dayz with friends, which happens mostly late - will we always play in the dark? I like the darkness, but I think nights should be a lot shorter than days, if that makes any sense. It's entertaining, maybe even challenging to play at night (depends on how much you raise your gamma ^^), but I like to play more during daytime.

-> I tried the pistol flashlight tonight and nothing happened after turning it on. Do they need batteries, or is it just not working at the moment?

Also: has anyone tried out radios? I never found a reason to use them, but I have some problems with my bluetooth headset and Teamspeak in Dayz. So these radios, do they give you a private channel when you use them? I wouldn't mind using them with friends. But, like the pen I think they should somehow just be attached to character instead of taking up inventory space. That stuff would be put on the belt or on some strap of the backpack anyway. I just wonder if they are an alternative for ingame speaking, provided you have enough batteries and radios to go around the group.

Ideally they should be always turned on, so you can just talk without needing to push a button all the time. The radio is probably the only thing apart from the medicine vial that I haven't used at all.   

Edited by S3V3N

K, been 7 days since Eugen's post about experimental not being ready for 7 days.  Impatiently awaiting .56.  Ayuh.

Maybe Friday if all goes well!  :thumbsup:  Can't wait either! 

https://twitter.com/eugenharton/status/590128208105885699

It's all that keeps me here really.  Otherwise, I'd get bored and move on.  Don't know what the hell I am gonna do after release....

• Like 4

Also: has anyone tried out radios? I never found a reason to use them, but I have some problems with my bluetooth headset and Teamspeak in Dayz. So these radios, do they give you a private channel when you use them? I wouldn't mind using them with friends. But, like the pen I think they should somehow just be attached to character instead of taking up inventory space. That stuff would be put on the belt or on some strap of the backpack anyway. I just wonder if they are an alternative for ingame speaking, provided you have enough batteries and radios to go around the group.

Ideally they should be always turned on, so you can just talk without needing to push a button all the time. The radio is probably the only thing apart from the medicine vial that I haven't used at all.   

The last time I tried them, they work, but only if you're holding it in your hand. I.E. you can't leave it on in your backpack and pickup up radio chatter as its picked up on the channel you're on. These radios just like IRL have channels so you can have some privacy if you will, but if others are on the same channel and within range, they'll pickup on your conversation and of course can talk back with their radio. 

radio as it is, is a bit impractical, I believe the range is somewhere around 600 or 800m. you both need to have the same channel on & you speak via VOIP so others can still hear you.

I wish the range would be buffed significantly. A few miles at least. I honestly dont see myself talking to a guy over 800m via walkies. Maybe on private RP only server but nowhere else.

(for any hc realist; i dont care about realism when it comes to a walkie talkie range so dont even bother with that sorth of reply..)

Edited by halp
  • Like 1

The last time I tried them, they work, but only if you're holding it in your hand. I.E. you can't leave it on in your backpack and pickup up radio chatter as its picked up on the channel you're on. These radios just like IRL have channels so you can have some privacy if you will, but if others are on the same channel and within range, they'll pickup on your conversation and of course can talk back with their radio. 

That is really so cool! ...and unfortunately so useless ^^ Who would use these things, ever? But I guess there is an "endgame" for the radios, since I found these static radio stations in a couple of places. I'd have no idea what to do with them, unless there is something you can only get/find via radio what is the point of the radios. It's probably something that sounded awesome in early game design and turned out to be useless due to external solutions (like TS3, Hangouts, Skype...)

I don't wanna run around with a radio in my hand. Every policeman has his radio on the shoulder, so he can keep his hands free. (Well not every, but y'know). It's one of the things about Dayz that there are very nice features, such as writing messages and radio, but nobody uses them due to their implementation. I might use a radio and pen if they don't obstruct what else I am doing. I'd say give the radio some extra features, maybe a sort of "ping" that lets you move in on vehicles to find them faster. Or something like that. It doesn't have to be entirely realistic, imho. It's better to have some features people use than to have total realism and waste all that work on creating solutions nobody uses.  

Edited by S3V3N

Im more and more positive this is the case aswell. I watched a guy climb on the guard post just so he teleported down from it & some 100m away. His friend was making a fire as i approached them from behind, said im friendly with my mp5 up. Next thing i saw was my screen turning grey (getting shot) so i unleashed my mp5 just so none of the bullets hit the guy standing some 5m away from me.

im more than sure he wasnt even there, server desynced on me and lied about his position. Got rekt.

Oh, there was only us 3 on the entire server. Before i approached them, I wateched them for a couple of minutes and they were teleporting constantly.

this was on almost dead private server. I experienced the same on WOBO server, which is usualy a 50/50.people rubberbanding and just being majorly bugged out with their "inhand animations". Note that i have freshy formated PC with al lthe latest drivers and i indeed am plugged into the world of internetz by 100mbit optics, no wifi magic.

Also when i scope  thru cities i keep seeing rubber banding, moonwalking zombies. that was never going on before.

Also, i experienced my first hard freeze. One of those no vsync @60+ fps kinda freezes only the game is hardly playable on normal lately (most certainly didnt reach 60 fps lol).

Im slightly afraid ill need to take a break from the game simply cause i cant afford to even run it in playable conditions anymore :(

Edited by halp

I just came back from lagfest! The server I usually play on spinned me out and made me glitch all over the map (just moving me around, while crouched). And all this in Cherno, in the middle of all the apartment buildings...

I fractured a leg, switched server, healed myself and switched back. But the server I always play on is so laggy it's impossible to play. It seems it crashed and is down now. I also saw other people lose connection, before I was kicked off the game myself. This is hardcore lag, but apparently it doesn't happen on all servers. I wonder what triggers it, perhaps it has something to do with vehicles?

I like the darkness, but I think nights should be a lot shorter than days, if that makes any sense. It's entertaining, maybe even challenging to play at night (depends on how much you raise your gamma ^^), but I like to play more during daytime.

My personal opinion is that the length of nights and days should be dictated by date (season) and latitude, kind of the way they already are, with appropriate celesital body movements (sunrises, sunsets, moonrises, moonsets and moon phases) making it easier to navigate and all depending on in-world date and year, because this is all part of surviving in the wilderness. The nights are so long because most servers are running late Autumn, and Chernarus is not anywhere near the Equator. Many problems people have with the day-night cycle can be fixed by servers running at 2x of real-time (4x, 8x, 16x?).

radio as it is, is a bit impractical, I believe the range is somewhere around 600 or 800m. you both need to have the same channel on & you speak via VOIP so others can still hear you.

I wish the range would be buffed significantly. A few miles at least. I honestly dont see myself talking to a guy over 800m via walkies. Maybe on private RP only server but nowhere else.

(for any hc realist; i dont care about realism when it comes to a walkie talkie range so dont even bother with that sorth of reply..)

I know you're against 'hardcore realism' (whatever that is), but I'll still throw my 2¢. In my personal opinion, reception range and signal propagation should not be based on a fixed radius, but rather take terrain features into account. It makes perfect sense having to climb a hill to transmit further away, and having very poor reception in valleys and gorges. That's how radios actually work (depending on the frequency band, of course). Take a look at the A.C.R.E. mod to see what I mean.

The nights are so long because most servers are running late Autumn, and Chernarus is not anywhere near the Equator. Many problems people have with the day-night cycle can be fixed by servers running at 2x of real-time (4x, 8x, 16x?).

The sunset is certainly pretty (even though I have shadows and AO off):

2015-04-22_00004_zpszn4nlmo6.jpg

the problem is, this is 5 minutes later:

2015-04-22_00006_zpstn2aw2y6.jpg

Also - still quite pretty, but I don't wanna raise my gamma and play in black and white. My friends and I always play around this time, so we would always play in the dark now? Not sure I like that. 

Well, I learned something great today! I have recently died twice from falling and then I made a new character. I had him pretty geared, but I was REALLY low on food so I started dying from starvation. Anyway, I decided to stash all of my loot in a bush and just pick it up later. That didn't work so well. I was laying prone and looking directly at my backpack, but I couldn't pick it up. :-/ I even had netting.

Well, I learned something great today! I have recently died twice from falling and then I made a new character. I had him pretty geared, but I was REALLY low on food so I started dying from starvation. Anyway, I decided to stash all of my loot in a bush and just pick it up later. That didn't work so well. I was laying prone and looking directly at my backpack, but I couldn't pick it up. :-/ I even had netting.

Go prone and try and pick it up as you transition to crouching. It takes a few tries but works.

As for the desync and laggy issues seen over the last few days, i finally put in a ticket with our Provider (Fragnet) to see if there is anything that can be done. Its simply unplayable at this time for me. If I got into a situation where I had to PVP I'd probably die b/c the player I thought I was shooting at had already moved. :( 

Im pretty sure day and night can be set by the server admin?

Yes, you can control the time of day in which the server starts. Currently with Fragnet (not sure if this is available with other GSP's) we have the ability to accelerate the game time. Servers that currently have this enabled will have an "X" next to their server time (Ex: 10:42x). 

In our GSP's settings (Fragnet), we can enable Accelerated time and then set the ratio (game time vs real time). So at first to test it out, I tried 24:1 which means 24 hours in the game go by in 1 real life hour. This obviously makes the sun and moon fly through the sky which makes it (in my opinion) annoying and unrealistic. So we set it to 12:1 which more or less made 1 hour of daytime and 1 hour of night time on a 2 hour restart.

Since playing with the accelerated time, we lost a lot of traffic dropping the server out of the Top 10 so we decided to keep it 24/7 daytime for the time being <<< No pun intended :P

Seems quite a few players prefer daytime over night just based on how quickly we dropped out of the top 10, but eventually I am excited to have day and night on the server all the time.

• Like 1

Go prone and try and pick it up as you transition to crouching. It takes a few tries but works.

Does this work even if it's not on the ground? It was like stuck in the bush...