boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

I really didn´t like the super powered ninja zombies ... getting rid of my fire axe .

In answer to a few posts, the player shouldn't get infected from being hit by a Z purely because the player is immune to the rage virus. For the people saying they like the loot how it's random - that's not how it was intended. Mil gear should be spawning in Mil bases, not in random locations so i don't know how you can "like" a mistake. As for the those server hopping to find food an drink it's a valid way to survive atm but when there's more contingencies in place to stop serv hopping don't get too comfortable. I think this game would be much better if every server had it's own hive/shard. You shouldn't be able to hope between servers with the same character in my opinion, breaks alot of immersion. I made it all the way from Berezino to NEAF as a freshie in a completely empty public server, was a struggle to find anything, i looted the whole of Berezino, Svetlo, Krasnostav, and i was as grey could be with starvation and a server hopper joined the server (Out of the whole map, completely empty 1/50 server) and with my shitty luck hops to a location behind me (the broken down APC's at NEAF) and shot me in the back and immediately left. This is because of the broken loot which atm i'm not too confident they can fix the issue as fast as Hicks says they can. "Still working on the issue - but we'll have a hotfix out after Wednesday maintenance one way or another"

So in other words "We know what the problem is, but we can't fix it yet because we don't know how but i THINK we can get a hotfix out on or after Wednesday"

I'm quite surprised that i haven't seen one person post on how a Z can slide and HIT you after you've shot them (during the Knockback animation) there are so many issues with this build i don't know how it got pushed to Stable. What gets me is the Z's are just humans with a rage virus, they're not zombies, which means they should be susceptible to the same shit we are, like hill walking as an example. How can a Z run up a hill full sprint where we have to walk? We're the same species! Why can Z's not "Bleed out" like we can? Why can they take more damage than us, adrenaline from the rage? That can only take you so far, smacking a Z in the head for me seems to only have a chance at killing them, it needs to be consistent, blow to the head = Death. Why can't the Z's break their legs? And how has the bug where you randomly walk an break your legs an ruin your pants/shoes an everything in them still not been patched out aswell? Some of these issues are still apparent and have been for months,

Edited by Aj90lfc

Yeah, it doesn't work right now. Also, don't try fishing, all it gives you is guts.

The sad thing about this release was that exactly those tools and mechanics are broken that would make a situation of sparcity endurable. I'm gonna serverjump now, only to find a cooking pot and some gas containers. I don't like serverjumping, especially with persistence on, I like to loot every corner of my map and server to know exactly what the loot situation is there.

Thanks for the heads up... Was about to go fishing!

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered. I have not had enough time to go through the last 3 or 4 pages, but does anybody have news that with this week's maintenance will wipe the tents etc? Any indication that we'll see a player wipe anytime soon? <<< Curious b/c of the new loot economy and loot distribution and feel a wipe is coming one way or another.

....anybody else bored at the moment? I've done all that I can besides just wonder the map aimlessly. Seriously I've visited all the new camp sites, hunted plenty, farmed plenty, killed lots of infected, had a few run ins with other players (not very many) and gathered enough loot for myself to hide out a few days if needs be and really don't wanna continue to hop around just searching for loot. I have truck so I can go anywhere, but i'm running out of places that are worth the gas/time to drive too. Any suggestions? I might just sit out until Wednesday afternoon as I don't know what else to do with my character :( 

• Like 1

I've visited all the new camp sites

All ten of them? ;)

As for your question: I don't think anyone knows. A full wipe of persistence for public or private hives hasn't occurred the last three weeks, so we may not see that happen again for a while. I've asked, but I've never gotten a straight answer, and I think it's so that it doesn't look like they are flip-flopping around later when they decide to do things differently. It would be nice to know though, even if they plan on changing the routine later.

I agree that we are overdue for a complete Stable branch wipe. I see it as being at least somewhat likely with the release of 0.56 to Stable, but that won't be until probably at least 3 or 4 weeks from now given today's announcements.

• Like 3

If we get to try out a fresh loot hotfix, it will breathe some good life back into this patch for me.

I'm "excited" to see if things will start to work more as intended.

• Like 1

Oh great I have no room for tents and the contents. Time to choose what to keep. Can any one tell me how long items stay on the ground before the disappear? After the update I don't want the kit I have to be ruined by a zed.

Edited by fing24

Well, I guess I will be scouting for a new camp location.

Just to let the regulars know in case you guys didn't know who you are it seems the sledgehammer is one of the best melee weapons to use currently on zeds; I've personally have had no problems when dealing with this weapon a lot more efficient than a fire ax even. and on a personal note don't use the flanged mace this patch they Nerf-ed it to the point where a plush toy would do more damage if it was a weapon.

Edited by Scarcifer

Weeeell. I think the game is just developing into its intended direction (namely stable/persistent camps). To erase them would be bad at this time, because this is what is going to happen in the retail/gold release a lot. The only thing that needs fixing is the weird distribution of some items and the loot spawns (those brown barns don't spawn anything for me). They also need to deal with some of the damage distribution, as e.g. fireman clothes are ruined in one or two hits, which is simply wrong. 

I need magazines and handguns spawning properly again, also assault rifle ammo (for 101 and M4) and so on. 

Yeh, have to agree here. I don't really mind the eat/drink every 10 minutes aspect, but it's simply far, far too punishing on a new spawn at present. At the very least a new spawn should arrive with a full stomach and not an instant "I'm hungry" warning. Someone said to me the other day that new spawns should also arrive with a random item as the first thing everybody does is throw away the torch.

Yeah. The ambiguous start of DayZ is "Somehow you have a full set of clothes in perfect condition, a working flashlight and battery, but you're on the beach and starving to death." What order of events created this?

• Like 1

Yeah. The ambiguous start of DayZ is "Somehow you have a full set of clothes in perfect condition, a working flashlight and battery, but you're on the beach and starving to death." What order of events created this?

party last night.  you woke up and hurled.  now you're out on the beach with a flashlight looking for your car keys.

• Like 2

Well guys to anyone who is wondering about the new patch and how it works now lemme just sum it all up.

Someone feel free to correct me.

Pros-

1.clothing is no longer an issue neither are packpacks

2.the game has become a bit more stable. less fps drop. no crashes so far.

3.oh yea and guns.....goooood......guns.....

Cons- (deep breath)

1.Zombies are now nearly impossible to avoid. their aggro range is insanely far and can pretty much hear a fly fart across cherno

2.zombies may not do nearly as much damage at once like before instead the pack up on you and attack with the retard strength that the devs have been so kind to give them.

3.zombies are MUCH faster than before. they can easily keep pace with players

4.guns are a lot easier to find....now ask me about the mags...NOW ASK ME ABOUT THE GOD DAMN MAGS.

5-you WILL come across servers that have plenty of mags (i found 7 mp5 mags in the kamy pd...yes thats right 7) you will not find any guns. but then you have to swap servers to find a gun

6. (related to above) because of the wonky loot tables you now HAVE to loot hop to find even the bare minimum to survive

7.i found 3 guns, bullets for them, and a couple mags in a civilian area before i even found a can of food.

8.hard to find even a melee weapon to start off with

9.bandits are fine but the increase in KOS has increase 10x

now before anyone jumps the gun and says im either not looking very hard or the infamous "oh i dont know what you guys are complag about food is fine" no it is not. on one life i spent the entire time (until i starved) foraging for apples and berries.

next life i tried hunting. this soon became a myth as anything on 4 legs has been driven off by zombies and or hunted by other players "well there is the cannibalism option..." yes i am well aware of that but when you try to play fare and you run into oter players and 75% of other players loot hop to compensate for the lack of stuff it become near impossible to engage

i have been playing dayz almost since the mod started and bought the SA out of support for you guys. i would like to think im a loyal player.

but please guys. this is not what dayz was about

your ruining your own game

Well guys to anyone who is wondering about the new patch and how it works now lemme just sum it all up.

Pros-

Cons- (deep breath)

1.Zombies are now nearly impossible to avoid. their aggro range is insanely far and can pretty much hear a fly fart across cherno

2.zombies may not do nearly as much damage at once like before instead the pack up on you and attack with the retard strength that the devs have been so kind to give them.

4.guns are a lot easier to find....now ask me about the mags...NOW ASK ME ABOUT THE GOD DAMN MAGS.

5-you WILL come across servers that have plenty of mags (i found 7 mp5 mags in the kamy pd...yes thats right 7) you will not find any guns. but then you have to swap servers to find a gun

6. (related to above) because of the wonky loot tables you now HAVE to loot hop to find even the bare minimum to survive

7.i found 3 guns, bullets for them, and a couple mags in a civilian area before i even found a can of food.

now before anyone jumps the gun and says im either not looking very hard or the infamous "oh i dont know what you guys are complag about food is fine" no it is not. on one life i spent the entire time (until i starved) foraging for apples and berries.

next life i tried hunting. this soon became a myth as anything on 4 legs has been driven off by zombies and or hunted by other players "well there is the cannibalism option..." yes i am well aware of that but when you try to play fare and you run into oter players and 75% of other players loot hop to compensate for the lack of stuff it become near impossible to engage

i have been playing dayz almost since the mod started and bought the SA out of support for you guys. i would like to think im a loyal player.

but please guys. this is not what dayz was about

your ruining your own game

You had some good feedback until the last paragraph.

You should consider that DayZ still has 20 months left of development and not act like the experience you are currently having even resembles what DayZ will be like in the end.

Always ALPHER mantra, ALWAYS.

"Much like the warnings placed on the DayZ Store Page, and the DayZ Launch Screen, as well as the stickies on the DayZ Steam Forums - The Early Access program provides you with development builds of the project, not access to a feature, or functionally complete game. As this year progresses, more and more parts of the Enfusion engine and its accompanying technology will be merged into the main branch. This means things will break, sometimes things will break -hard-. We utilize the experimental branch to flesh out any catastrophically game breaking issues (think client crashes, server freezes, high repro progression loss, and so on) and at the end of the month the most stable development build gets pushed to Steam for all of you to poke, experiment, and have fun with. Testing is done in three tiers, each tier scaling up in load and volume. Internal, Experimental, Main (Stable) - and make no mistake. All three branches are for testing

So as we move forward to 0.56 and beyond, keep that detail in mind. Systems will break, bugs and interruptions of gameplay will occur - and as I will detail below, nothing finds the cracks in the stonework like throwing a rotation of roughly a million active players at a build and seeing how it holds up."

^^^From this weeks status report.

:thumbsup:

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 6

Pros-

I think backpacks are an issue. I haven't found a single hunting backpack. The best one in the game AFAIC.

Um...not enough guns. AK101 isn't spawning and other AK models are as rare as hens teeth. I haven't seen the pump action shotgun in weeks. Have you not noticed, everyone is "making do" with RAKs and MP5s now?

Cons- (deep breath)

Not the case. You can avoid zombies all day long if you need to and if they see you just run away. In fact, there's an easy tactic. Run into town, gather up all the lads and run out again. They soon get fed up and then are left mincing about at the edges of town, while your toon can search all the empty houses he likes. :lol:

It's not their strength. It's their ability to whack you 3 times with you seeing what their doing. You simply can't avoid being hit by the zombie Jackie Chan's. I've always thought that a single zombie should be taken out easy enough. But 3 or 4 should be an avoidance situation for a single character. At the moment any melee situation should be avoided.

They give up the chase fairly quickly though. They're speed is not the issue. It's the absolute silence with which they approach the player, rubber banding and desyncing that needs looking at. Although I really like that they don't announce their presence any more.

Eh? Some guns just don't spawn at all. As for mags, there are mags aplenty for the RAK and MP5.

Yeh. Swapping servers is pretty much essential now to get a decent weapon and it's one of the things I really dislike about .55. There's too much time spent dicking about without a means to protect yourself in a serious way and I'm talking about protecting yourself against OP zombies. I spent hours last night hopping onto about 25 or 30 different servers to try and pick up an MP5. Crazy stuff. In that time though I did find about 4 RAKs, but they're absolutely useless. I just leave them on the ground. I had a blaze double though, whic is a nice little gun. It can take out any zed with one shot from a mile away. But...mmmm...just two bullets. That's a death sentence against KoS'ers.

Yeh, I think food should be a little easier. Tweaked up a little, but not too much. It is possible to survive on apples for the first half of a toons life though. My biggest issue with .55 loot is that most houses contain absolutely nothing at all! There are some buildings in the game that don't spawn anything ever! That'll be fixed though...I hope.

They're pointless now anyway with the OP zeds. Going melee with them is looking to get your clothes and gear wrecked.

People are afraid to lose their gear after they've spent 20 or mores hours getting to a point where they are relatively stable. This is understandable, but still a pain. Many KoS events are now just people being worried about dying and having to start again. When loot is so difficult to find, this is going to be inevitable unfortunately. Plus, there will always just be some dicks too. I got shot in the back by some idiots after talking to them for a few minutes. I didn't even have a shirt on my back. Pointless.

After the last update infected are strong and food is scarse which i love, it forces you too hunt and gather and setup farms, but the bow is broken(it doesn't shoot arrows and is weilded weird) so after finaly finding a rope it was a huge anti-climax and now im back on pickin apples again. pls fix this it would make the new meta more viable. p.s. love what you guys are doin with the game keep goin

Edited by Fransie

Whoever keeps making these posts about updates on:

http://www.dayztv.com/dev/updates/

?

EVERY time they are completely wrong about the estimated time. It is always an hour later than they write, at the least. Not that it matters much, but why would they post these wrong times every time, instead of putting in a later time and avoiding this waiting and the expectation alltogether? 

Well thats 2 hours after the time the servers should have been back up.  I wounder what the problem is and if they will tell us?

Well thats 2 hours after the time the servers should have been back up.  I wounder what the problem is and if they will tell us?

Servers will be up when the servers are up, but as far as I know the devs will take to twitter when its time.

• Like 1

Servers will be up when the servers are up, but as far as I know the devs will take to twitter when its time.

The point is they keep giving us the wrong times on every update. And then no notice about why something is delayed. Officially the update should have been done at 11:00 CET. Now it is 13:30 CET and still no change. I prefer to get a later date that is correct than one that is early but everyone knows will never be met. 

The development team posted to their twitter that extensions may be added if needed when they announced the schedule. All we can do is be patient.

• Like 2

Not sure about everyone else, but so far my clan's base camp is still there. Did the wipe not happen?

Edit: Tents disappeared right in front of my buddies eyes.

Edited by gsfilmer