SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

Anyone else unable to sign into DayZ from Steam. I can't even get to the splash screen.

Anyone else unable to sign into DayZ from Steam. I can't even get to the splash screen.

I have the same problem mate

Will be fixed in a few minutes.

Its been 5 minutes! What the hell!

I GOTTA LOOT MANGZ

One of my buddies still cant play. And all my buddies can play

Still having issues here too (I was playing an hour ago).  Got a BE service update and it completed.  Also saw a small update come through Steam.  Then did a DayZ "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" and rebooted computer... still no beans, or more specifically no servers in the server list.  I even removed old filter by resetting to default.   Will report back when something changes.

Problems here as well.Wont be able to launch the game at all from the steam,it just does nothing after clicking a play button in steam or shortcut from desktop.Got some BE update going on earlier and it finished but game wont start now.Tried to verify files as well and rebooted but nothing,

Can some one explain me what they changed in the stable? 

Cause I dont understand anything right now :)

Problems here as well.Wont be able to launch the game at all from the steam,it just does nothing after clicking a play button in steam or shortcut from desktop.Got some BE update going on earlier and it finished but game wont start now.Tried to verify files as well and rebooted but nothing,

I have the same problem except that after reinstalling the game does not see any server in the list, and I can not play . Why????

A simple reboot of my computer solved this issue.

I've tried rebooting , reinstalling the game, does not help :(

Whatever happened to being able to place clothing with stuff in it within a bag? I didn't really consider that a bug which needed to be removed in 0.53. The clothing items already takes up considerable space why not allow the items to remain in them when placing inside your bag. I like being able to have a bag with my tactical gear and another bag for my nomadic gear this used to allow for a quick change out. 

Whatever happened to being able to place clothing with stuff in it within a bag? I didn't really consider that a bug which needed to be removed in 0.53. The clothing items already takes up considerable space why not allow the items to remain in them when placing inside your bag. I like being able to have a bag with my tactical gear and another bag for my nomadic gear this used to allow for a quick change out. 

I considered it a bug - put a hoody into a hoody into a hoody into a hoody into ... and that was not the biggest problem....what with high cap vests and protector cases? I am VERY glad that that is gone. There was plenty of abuse there. I always wondered about the damage, too. Got the damage when getting shot reduced more and more with every destroyed item inside a destroyed item inside...? I hope that does not matter, it would be advantageous to carry around a lot of crap...I guess WOBO has a video about that, gotta look.It might have been ok if for example a hoody with 4 slots of stuff in it would have taken 8 instead of 4 slots, but that would have gotten tetrisy very fast...well more tetrisy.

Also, a lot of clothing items take less space now, soooo HYPE for those that refused to use the glitch (boldly proclaiming it was one here ;)).

Yeah, I can see your point wasn't really looking at it in the ways it could be exploited. 

Was apt to be exploited.

I'm not certain what the situation is at this time.

Topic cleaned.

"I couldn't kill a cow with arrows (well, i gave up after 10 shots), how many does it take to put one down? Arrows made an impact sound but the cow refused to go down."

I recently post a video here hunting a deer using a sporter rifle, the deer went down in 10 hits, not sure if its intended  (means need to use more high caliber weapons???) or was it a bug ?? anyone can confirm this ?

Edited by RockerJC

I think its intended. Just yday i was chasing a deer like a mad man for its guts. I hit him some 5 times with an ashwood stick, gave up and tried with a steak knive. Gave up after another 5 hits or so & returned to the village to find something better.. came back with an Ice axe and finaly killed it with the first swing. Cant really say whether was the ice axe or the fact i hit it 10th+ time that made it die.. im pretty certain you can kill it with a normal axe without a problem in 1st or 2nd swing.

Longhorn/mosin always does it in one shot. For the magnum, i had to double tap the deer/cows to kill it. Arrows as it is atm, are way too UP. It should eventualy bleed to death, I thought a bow has a 100% chance of bleeding (???)

Edited by halp

I had to shoot a deer twice with an sks to down it. Blood splatter on first shot so I know I didn't miss. 

Several Issues:

Character loss: I lost 2 characters while logging on servers that have just been restarted (or have been in the process of restarting). After a long time of waiting I spawned as Bambi. This is not completely new, so I killed the game via Taskmanager and restarted. Previously that helped to recover my character, this time it did not. I spawned again as Bambi. Yesterday morning, after doing this 5 times, I left. When I came back 5 hours later I logged in and found my old equipped character (even though I spawned as Bambi 5 times before). Not so lucky this morning though, my character got lost again yesterday evening and now seems to be gone for good. Very frustrating.

Loss of weapons: Sometimes, when I play alone, I find a weapon that I don't need myself but would like to hand over to a friend later. That is a constant issue. If I have a weapon in my hand and on on my back at the same time, using any other item such as rags or bandages results in the loss of the weapon. The animation for putting the weapon on my back is shown and the weapon disappears. Sometime, when you are lucky, it is "beamed" to the spot where it has been laying on the ground the last time, sometimes it is completely gone. There is no reliable way of handling this. The only way to put it on the ground safely is by pressing the red cross in the inventory. But don't do it in a building, it might clip through the floor.

Loss of weapons 2: about this one I'm not so sure, however I describe what happened anyway. I had a dry-bag and in the bag a lot of equipment and an AK74U. Then I found one of these military backpacks that have less space "vertically" and more "horizontally". I moved my stuff over and logged out. When I logged back in the stuff in my backpacks had been reorganized in a way that left no space for the AK (only the way it had been done, theoretically there was enough space). And the AK, of course, was gone.

Edited by Regular Guy

Several Issues:

All of these preceded .053 and I confirm that all are annoying.  Playing around the bugs sometimes feels like tiptoeing around an alcoholic dad (not that I had to, but know those who did).

With the character loss issue its always tempting to think you might have accidentaly chosen a private server.  Especially where you suddenly got it back after a few hours.  That said, a buddy last night thought he lost his stuff and then got it back after playing minutes as a freshie then logging into another server.  Of course we all assumed he was on a private server but he confirmed he wasn't.

Several Issues:

Character loss: I lost 2 characters while logging on servers that have just been restarted (or have been in the process of restarting). After a long time of waiting I spawned as Bambi. This is not completely new, so I killed the game via Taskmanager and restarted. Previously that helped to recover my character, this time it did not. I spawned again as Bambi. Yesterday morning, after doing this 5 times, I left. When I came back 5 hours later I logged in and found my old equipped character (even though I spawned as Bambi 5 times before). Not so lucky this morning though, my character got lost again yesterday evening and now seems to be gone for good. Very frustrating.

Loss of weapons: Sometimes, when I play alone, I find a weapon that I don't need myself but would like to hand over to a friend later. That is a constant issue. If I have a weapon in my hand and on on my back at the same time, using any other item such as rags or bandages results in the loss of the weapon. The animation for putting the weapon on my back is shown and the weapon disappears. Sometime, when you are lucky, it is "beamed" to the spot where it has been laying on the ground the last time, sometimes it is completely gone. There is no reliable way of handling this. The only way to put it on the ground safely is by pressing the red cross in the inventory. But don't do it in a building, it might clip through the floor.

Loss of weapons 2: about this one I'm not so sure, however I describe what happened anyway. I had a dry-bag and in the bag a lot of equipment and an AK74U. Then I found one of these military backpacks that have less space "vertically" and more "horizontally". I moved my stuff over and logged out. When I logged back in the stuff in my backpacks had been reorganized in a way that left no space for the AK (only the way it had been done, theoretically there was enough space). And the AK, of course, was gone.

You have to wait at least a minute after a server restarts or you'll always lose your character. It's been like that since the beginning unfortunately! 

Possibly not all crash spawns are working in stable servers...

Got extremely lucky this morning. Found a truck straight away when spawning in. Server had 2-4 people in it at any one time. Decided to take the truck and explore every crash site on the map, which took about an hour and a half. I didn't hit the two between Zaprudnoe and NWAF because server went down. I found only one American at NWAF. No other crash site had a crashed helo. Those sites I couldn't get the truck to or a hard time getting it there I simply jumped out and ran. I was within 50 metres of every site listed on the map.

All the crash sites from Sinistok to Pavlovo to Kozlovka to Pulkovka to Grishino spawned no crash sites.

Not sure if server was Persistence off or on because it wasn't listed.

Edited by Barbosa1955