SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

You've got it completely wrong. It's the same as always. They fixed the "Falling through the ground at any given time." But there are still rare and extreme situations. For example, my V3 clipped underground when I cut down a tree and it fell on top of it. My next v3 was when I was driving downhill very fast and I went uphill very suddenly, very quickly, and my nose stuck into the hill for a moment before returning to normal.

It's hardly gamebreaking. You'd have to be doing some very wreckless things to cause a clipping issue.

yea i figured that out, i drove trucks for like a total of 2 hours since the latest stablepatch and it all went good

Still no zombies in-game? I'm tired to wait, why the hell a zombie apocalypse survival game need so much stuff as jackets but doesnt has proper zombies?:(

Any news on the helicrash being invisible on persistence on?

Also, does anyone here with private shard had any log of the "hit" type yet?

So far i only have the "kill" log.

There is no more damage logs the only logs us admins have access to is kills,what someone says in direct chat, and when someone connects or disconnects. 

There is no more damage logs the only logs us admins have access to is kills,what someone says in direct chat, and when someone connects or disconnects. 

Ok man, thanks =D

What about the helicrash, any news?

Ok man, thanks =D

No news on helicrash's from me I know nothing about them being bugged since I don't play on persistence servers.

Vilayer messaged all server admins, reset persistence don't character wipe.

It will fix the persistence on

So when I try to play dayz now I cant move at all without the game freezing up on me, I have to stand still for a while before I can look around again. Has anyone else ran into this problem? 

I'm having a problem with making a fire. I've tried inside and outside. When I'm inside, I make sure there is enough room on all 4 sides of where I place to kit, I attach the 5 sticks required, it takes the sticks, but then it disappears into the DayZ blackhole. Welp, I'll try outside then.. repeated the process, this time, I make the fireplace ( has the slots after attaching the sticks ), when I try to light it with a match, it uses the match but then tells me it's not safe. I'm literally on level ground, not on a slope, with nothing around the fire in any direction for a good 10 meters. Help?

Vilayer messaged all server admins, reset persistence don't character wipe.

It will fix the persistence on

Unfortunately it doesn't work on all servers. Worked on my AU ones but not my US server, no matter what I've tried. =/

Ok man, thanks =D

Both Russian and American found on private persistent on

Had two incidents with the trucks last night.  Nearly flipped over after taking a corner at middle speed...  couldn't see what caused it but the vehicle righted itself after some quick silent prayers  ;)

Also was moving slowly uphill on the road closest east to the NEAF -- somewhere about where it crosses 126 029 and came to a sudden dead stop that jolted the vehicle...  apparently some kind of invisible barrier.  I backed up and went around.  Fortunately I was going slowly, but then speed was removed as a factor since going uphill without any momentum is currently slower than a guy crawling with broken legs.   :rolleyes: Really wish that would get looked at some day.

I have one problem with 0.53 it’s the same problem I had 06/02/14, No zombies I seen two and they ran through walls, Lag, DeSync, Getting hit through walls, None reaction to keys 1,2,3, and so on, Throwing items disappear "physics ?" And shit performance, Good update.

I have one problem with 0.53 it’s the same problem I had 06/02/14, No zombies I seen two and they ran through walls, Lag, DeSync, Getting hit through walls, None reaction to keys 1,2,3, and so on, Throwing items disappear "physics ?" And shit performance, Good update.

I was in Stary Sobor and hit by 6 zombies within minutes of logging in.  Seems to be hit or miss on the zombies.  I agree on the hot keys not working, and zombies walking through walls.  Have plenty of video evidence of both.

For anyone having problems with making the fire (when ignite menu is not showing), in fact, you get an error red message in the left bottom of the screen when you add the woods or place the fire kit. It says: terrain is too steep to place the fire kit or something like that. You have to move it to a flat area and the ignite menu will show up.

Edited by lucianpin

that is usual in Novy Sobor. Sometimes there are 10-15 zeds there. 

No, there are not :) As you start to kill more in the same time, they will respawn all in the same time.

• Like 1

No, there are not :) As you start to kill more in the same time, they will respawn all in the same time.

Yea, he means that's usual for that area. It's not new in this update. I've always run through that area with a constant stream of zombies on me.

• Like 2

How do all these alt-spammers keep things straight?  Or do they just not bother?

Yea, he means that's usual for that area. It's not new in this update. I've always run through that area with a constant stream of zombies on me.

Some towns have more zombies than other. Once I killed 15 in Rogovo (in .52)

So, just got on 0.53 for the first time since the initial EXP patch was released. Didn't try recording in the experimental, so can't say whether this was an issue then.

However, I am unable to get Mirillis Action to recognize DayZ and therefore now unable to record with Mirillis Action. I hopped on to OBS and realized that that wasn't working either (with game capture) and quickly realized that the issue is anti-cheat compatibility (turning it on allowed OBS to capture DayZ). So, I assume that BattleEye is preventing the use of any game capture programs?

Edited by Beizs