LORDPrometheus

What is the nicest thing you have done in DayZ

I don't live long enough to do nice things. But I would if I could! People really should take more time to see what people are going to do before shooting them.

The nicest thing I've done was give a stranger all my gear. I had a complete ghillie suit, with high cap vests and pretty much all the end-game gear needed. I was getting tired of the OP end-game items and wanted to start fresh. My characters generally live for weeks at a time.

besides not shooting on sight and generally being friendly.. i set camp on skalisty island one time.. made a run for water to the well and found 2 guys poking around when i came back.. both pretty fresh spawned. One of them left after contact.. the other sat with me by the fire.. telling me he ran away from some guy that wanted to kill him on the coast.. i gave him some supplies, pumpkins, a canteen and pointed him to the well on the island to refill.. after that he went his way back on the coast. Pretty good times ;)

Also gave a player a gun one time.. he repaid me with the black screen of "You are dead!"

Edited by DJK

I left two V3S trucks in Elektro for fresh spawns to use this evening  :thumbsup:

iZU6IZg.jpg

Was a couple of months ago. Was at the NWAF and ran across a guy in the tents. We both talked for abit and traded some stuff. Then was running south and saw a guy running from zombies, so I killed the zombies. He fell unconscious and so i proceeded to bandage him, give him saline. He turned out to be a nice guy and gave me the spare AKM he had.

I bashed some whiny kid in the back of the head with a baseball bat.

Hey, my partner who was holding him at gunpoint thought it was nice.

I saw a guy with a bandit mask and an AK101 arresting a fresh spawn, and right as he was about to click on him to force him to drink the disinfectant he had in his hands, I shot him in the back of the head with a sporter and he dropped. I walked over to the fresh spawn, and told him he could have the guys loot, and 30 seconds later I was killed by an AK101. This is why I am a lone wolf and not a hero guys.

I gave two Bambi's rides in my truck the second one took it given the chance ran me over and mocked me for trusting him. Lesson learned.

Shot a guy in the face who had broken legs

The nicest thing I've done was give a stranger all my gear. I had a complete ghillie suit, with high cap vests and pretty much all the end-game gear needed. I was getting tired of the OP end-game items and wanted to start fresh. My characters generally live for weeks at a time.

Did this exchange take place in elektro, right outside the school across from the police station?  The plural Hi-cap vests sounds familiar, especially if they were full of proctector cases full of grenades.

My nicest thing done was at NWAF jail by the well.  Guy came inside and looted the cell first for something to drink, and I was waiting for him around the corner.  I broke his legs with a sawn-off and then got him to stop crawling and shooting at me with a makarov.  Went outside, killed a zed at the door with the guy having clear shot at my back; made him a splint and gave him the extra pants I was carrying.  He was cool enough about it that we met up with a friend of mine and looted tent city, then we showed him to a bag of ammo and let him take all he wanted.  I'd say that went as well as it could have for both parties.

Edited by emuthreat

Probably when i thought "well, I've got all this good stuff, what do I do now?" (dual carrying, plus three handguns and the rest of my inventory stacked with rice and peaches)
and i figured that the best course of action was to head down to the south coast, and arm the freshies, server was full, and there was a couple of them down there. 

Actually managed to give it all away without getting F'd in the street, the last guy i met i had just my Mosin left, so i talked to him for a bit, told him what i was doing, and gave him directions to get out of there safely, put down my gun, pack and some warmer clothes, and asked him to shoot me in the face.

He complained that he didn't want to shoot me, but in the end the last thing i heard was "thank you, I'm sorry, good luck"

headshot and insta kill that was painfull for my victim. 

Met a random female player (irl), we went down to the lake near Novy Sobor where I made a fire, showed her how to fill a canteen and map read !

Moonlit night was almost romantic, we never met again but that was nice, in an all round sort of way.

• Like 1

I tend to help people regardless but the two that stand out would be when I found my first V3S in Novy, I got in, drove for about 20 feet and saw this guy running along with a fireaxe. So I stopped the engine and told him he could have the truck, I was better off running anyways! The other time I was running along the coast to meet up with my friend, had an SKS and some ammo and found a guy who appeared to be pretty new to the game.. I chatted to him for a minute or two, gave him the gun and ammo and a little food and drink and off we ran in opposite directions... He was genuinely astounded that I didn't shoot him and hopefully that may have encouraged him to do something nice for someone in the future too! 

(My friend moans at me a lot as I tend to talk to everyone... I am sure it will get me killed one day but so far, talking to people tends to work!)

Did this exchange take place in elektro, right outside the school across from the police station?  The plural Hi-cap vests sounds familiar, especially if they were full of proctector cases full of grenades.

My nicest thing done was at NWAF jail by the well.  Guy came inside and looted the cell first for something to drink, and I was waiting for him around the corner.  I broke his legs with a sawn-off and then got him to stop crawling and shooting at me with a makarov.  Went outside, killed a zed at the door with the guy having clear shot at my back; made him a splint and gave him the extra pants I was carrying.  He was cool enough about it that we met up with a friend of mine and looted tent city, then we showed him to a bag of ammo and let him take all he wanted.  I'd say that went as well as it could have for both parties.

Nope! This was in Novy Sobor, my friend.

I went down to the coast with a M4, SKS a backpack full of sawn-off shotguns, revolvers, Makarovs and a CR75, along with ammo/mags and gave each freshspawn I saw running the coastal road heading towards electro near Krutoy Cap a weapon, magazine (where applicable) & ammo.

The intention was as a social experiment, to see how many people tried to kill me with the weapon I provided. I kept as much distance as possible, used cover to deny clear shots and retreated the second I gave them the weapon. Only one attempted to kill me and he foolishly fired a sawn-off at me from some 50+m away and then got an SKS round through his chest.

It seems most people are KoSing out of sheer fear of getting KoS'd themselves, once they have a reason to trust you (and only a limited, extremely brief opportunity to betray you) they usually don't try anything dodgy! Science.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

I help people every day and almost always get shot eventually as a result of it. I must however say that someone was very very nice to me the othre day when i didn't even deserve it. I tried stealing a guys V3S outside Vybor military base the other day but got stuck on a rock. In stead of getting shot dead, as I was sure would happen, the guy just laughs, tells me where theres a heli crash and gives me an AKM drum mag.

I helped couple of people get fully geared, and even managed to bandage a fresh spawn once in the middle of a gun fight. My goal in this game is to make the most out of every social encounter.

I think of it as a sucess. After an encounter in-game, 3 minutes later people add me on steam by themselves. It means I am a human being inside the game, not just in real life.

Of course there where backstabs and KoS sometimes. But hey. If you want to be the good guy, takes more guts and mental strenght than being that KoS guy.

Edited by Calvin Candie
  • Like 1

Was in electro fully geared up and see a fresh spawn getting attacked by some zeds. he was punching them lol. i saved his ass and gave him a ak74-u and ammo. but i had no mag for it so i kinda gave him nothing.

On the out skirts of berezino, had just logged in and heard mosin fire, spent a while listening and figured it was some1 in the apartment builds. he had killed a few people by the sounds of it. seen a fresh spawn dead. so i sneaked in, slowly started clearing the building as to not make a noise. more shots fired while i was looking for him and heard him reloading but couldnt work out which floor he was on. got him eventually, sniping in a full ghillie suit. ''kinda silly using that in an apartment building i thought''. waited for the next fresh spawn to come along, showed him were it was and went on my way.