400 DayZ

The worst kind of player

I was sitting in a small shed waiting for lag to pass, when this fully geared guy ran into the same shed, I raised my axe and he ran out screaming 'I didnt know you where there man, I'm sorry! you scared me man'.. 

I spoke to him and said 'yea you just scared me too, its all good I'm friendly.' I even raised my hand in case he couldn't hear me. 

I lowered my weapon..he raised his and shot me.. worst thing was he called me a fking bandit. 

I ain't no scum bag bandit, but he certainly was. I guess from now on It's kill on sight for me.

If I had killed him first then my weeks old survivor would still be alive, but alas no... Trust killed him..

you are going to get wiped many times before this game is finished (2 years from now)

never get attached to your gear

KoS if it's the only way you think you'll enjoy the game

talk to people if you want a variety of experiences

• Like 2

you are going to get wiped many times before this game is finished (2 years from now)

never get attached to your gear

KoS if it's the only way you think you'll enjoy the game

talk to people if you want a variety of experiences

I really hope this game isnt finished in 2 years.

I guess from now on It's kill on sight for me.

And so the circle of life is complete.....

• Like 1

I was sitting in a small shed waiting for lag to pass, when this fully geared guy ran into the same shed, I raised my axe and he ran out screaming 'I didnt know you where there man, I'm sorry! you scared me man'.. 

I spoke to him and said 'yea you just scared me too, its all good I'm friendly.' I even raised my hand in case he couldn't hear me. 

I lowered my weapon..he raised his and shot me.. worst thing was he called me a fking bandit. 

I ain't no scum bag bandit, but he certainly was. I guess from now on It's kill on sight for me.

If I had killed him first then my weeks old survivor would still be alive, but alas no... Trust killed him..

If someone will kill you or not is the luck of the draw. If you want to talk to other players, then risk getting killed. Unless you have the upper advantage. I am 14 years old, I always travel the highway with my magnum out. Today I came across two people who were saying "friendly friendly friendly!!" I have seen this all too many times. I pretended not to know their plan. They had no guns but I said "how you guys doing?" with my magnum lowered (but not put away) and they said "good, where ya coming from?" I said "i spawned in chernogorsk and traveled up past electro to here ("here" was about 200 meters west of Kamyshovo . then I said "You guys need anything? food or water?"  "dude you look SICK" (as in cool) and I said "yeah well, thanks, it took me awhile to get this stuff." I should've said after that "and im not going to lose it, get your asses lined up and on the ground, NOW" but unfortunately I didn't say that, one asked for water, so I said "can I trust you to drop my canteen once you drink all of it?" he said "yeah, of course" so I dropped my canteen, he drunk it and when I was about to pick it up one of them hit me with his cattle prod. I knew that if he was lucky I would be knocked unconscious, so I ran.  While running closer to Kamyshovo I said I treated you guys nice decided to not shoot you and THIS is how you repay me?" he said "you killed us in Chernogorsk" and I said "you are just making up a false excuse for a false justification so you can sleep at night after you had killed me you weak-minded worm!" and I jumped a fence of a house, turned around and while they were jumping the fence I emptied 3 round into each of them. They fall dead. I say "you got what you asked for, you little pricks." and I looked in their inventory and found MY canteen. I said "you have MY canteen.. haha. no you don't, because you're DEAD!" and continued on my way.

If I had let my guard truly down and lied to myself that they were friendly like everyone else does. I would be dead. And those pricks would be sharing my loot. Never assume someone is friendly. Everyone is hostile. But that doesn't mean you guys cant have a friendly chat. That's my motto. And it has kept me alive. And if you are dealing with more than one person, try to keep them all in your sight. Because getting hit in the BACK of the head isn't really that fun.

• Like 1

Why did you post in this Forum (Suggestions) ?

Also expect a PM from one of the Forum Staff concerning (you know what).

Please take the time to read the Rules/Guidelines and Stickies.

Moved.

• Like 1

If someone says he is , shoot him.... If a guy says hey man how are you and he doesn't lower his gun, you can speak to him... These are the honest guys out there....

Well as others have said, never get attached to your gear or get mad when you've been alive for a few weeks and die to some random person or bug/glitch.

I would recommend that you don't take the "easy road" and kill everyone you see/meet, and stick with the friendly natured survivor role, as you seemed pretty steamed about being called a bandit, and refering to bandits as DBags, lol...

Many people after losing their gear or getting killed by someone who proclaimed themselves as "friendly/hero" have done exactly what your doing, tossing your hands in the air, saying fluck it, and turning into a KoS'r out of it being an easier playstyle.

Don't be like them, be your own person, and strive for a brighter dayz experience for the people who meet you, and walk away knowing not all people on dayz are bloodthirsty, ok?

Best of luck!

• Like 3

Well as others have said, never get attached to your gear or get mad when you've been alive for a few weeks and die to some random person or bug/glitch.

I would recommend that you don't take the "easy road" and kill everyone you see/meet, and stick with the friendly natured survivor role, as you seemed pretty steamed about being called a bandit, and refering to bandits as DBags, lol...

Many people after losing their gear or getting killed by someone who proclaimed themselves as "friendly/hero" have done exactly what your doing, tossing your hands in the air, saying fluck it, and turning into a KoS'r out of it being an easier playstyle.

Don't be like them, be your own person, and strive for a brighter dayz experience for the people who meet you, and walk away knowing not all people on dayz are bloodthirsty, ok?

Best of luck!

This is it.

Personally, I'll avoid killing if I can. I never snipe people (unless they're sniping me or others) and if I come in to close contact with somebody I'll either try to run away, talk to them or, in situations where I think neither is possible - and only then - engage them in combat.

Generally, you'll be able to tell if something is going to go south if they try to keep to your side/back, get too close, refuse to lower their weapon if you've lowered yours (don't expect them to put it away - you could be baiting them so your friend can pick them off) and they seem comfortable standing out in the open (probably have a sniper buddy). If you're in a town/city of reasonable size, you can probably run away given a good chance. Stall for as long as you can, planning your escape route, then, the second they turn away from you even a little (or raise their gun), make a run for it. Zigzag and sprint. Try to run around a few buildings, jumping fences etc, until you find a door you can dip in to without their seeing you (set up the hotkey on the 'View' section to glance backwards to something easy to reach).

Once inside, if you have a melee weapon, sit behind the door to the side you ran to it from so that they won't see you right away if they come in. If you have a gun with more than a couple of bullets, go to the next room and be ready to peek around the doorframe to shoot the second you hear them enter. At this point, do anything you can to kill them. If they've found you in the building, you're not going to get away - and the fact that they're chasing you shows that they're hostile.

You might also be able to do this in more rural areas by darting around any cover you can - trees, bushes, hay bales etc. You'll have to have some kind of plan though. Eventually, they'll chase you down if you don't find a building you can hide in (you'll want there to be at least four or five close to one another to give you time to slip out or sneak up on them when they search another building).

Make sure that you keep out of view through windows - though, if you can, you'll want to be able to see them through windows. Again, consider the direction they'll be running in and position yourself on the other side of the window so that they'll have to turn around to see you. If you spot them, you can either snipe them or duck out once they enter another building, though the former is probably safer.

But yeah, the friendly interactions are definitely worth the risks. Just make sure that you're capable of defending yourself or getting away in case things go south. Keep full awareness, checking around yourself regularly (and use headphones!) so that you don't get snuck up on. Crouch around towns too - you're a smaller target and make less noise.

Just be weary. Be ready to kill if you need to (only lower your weapon/put it away etc if they do it first and be ready to take it back out).

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 1

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to become the villain.

• Like 1

Since my extremely well geared, three and a half month old char was reset last week, the experience of getting back into the game has been painful to say the least. Apart from my trusted trading buds, every single player I've encountered has come after me (and usually killed me) with:

• A sledgehammer (in Electro)
  • A fireaxe (in Electro fire station)
  • An SKS (Balota)
  • A pistol of some kind (on the coast between Electro and Cherno)
  • Another sledgehammer (Balota ATC tower)
  • An M4 (near Green Mountain, evaded him)

This is all despite the fact that I was entirely ungeared and bore no threat to the players in question. However, none of it means I am going to start KoS-ing unless for a damn good reason.

• Like 3

Cheaters are the worst kind of players... That guy was just being a douche.

• Like 1

I had two encounters the other day on one server in short succession.  Once in the jail house in Zelenagorsk.  He came upon me as I ate an orange with an AK pointed at my head.  Not much I can do in close quarters with no weapon out, so I comply with his demands.  He rooted through my stuff, took my AK mag, a compass, and some bandages, then let me go on my way.  Overall a pleasant (even though I got a little robbed) experience.  He was just being cautious. 

Not 10 minutes later a lady wearing a skirt and an SKS ran in on me in some barracks.  I was a little more alert this time and already has a 1911 out, just in case.  Turned out she just needed some help with a splint.  I gave her some morphine, we went on our way, bumped into each other a few times before we left the base.  Plenty of opportunity to off one another if we felt like it.

There are decent people out there, but there are plenty of idiots who'd rather be a jerk than be friendly.  I'm always cautious, but I give people the benefit of the doubt.  I haven't been betrayed yet.