SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

That depends on where the server you are playing on is located, not where you are located.

Thank you for your answer, but I play on servers from Europe and I am from Europe too, so time difference is too small. 20:00 server time and 22:00 my time, makes no difference at all, it's dark. I don't say I don't like DayZ night, but playing only at night is a bad joke. I hope DayZ will not force me to play on servers far away from me having 150 ms ping just to have 6 hours time difference.

Edited by lucianpin

Thank you for your answer, but I play on servers from Europe and I am from Europe too, so time difference is too small. 20:00 server time and 22:00 my time, makes no difference at all, it's dark. I don't say I don't like DayZ night, but playing only at night is a bad joke. I hope DayZ will not force me to play on servers far away from me having 150 ms ping just to have 6 hours time difference.

It's not like that for every server. My UK server resets to 9am after the 4 hour restarts still. It did for a period of time pull the local time when .52 was first released, but the server hosts reverted it

It's not like that for every server. My UK server resets to 9am after the 4 hour restarts still. It did for a period of time pull the local time when .52 was first released, but the server hosts reverted it

oh thank's... I am still concerned about this idea, I hope they have in mind that some people are buying their product in order to use it every day at the same hour using the nearest server obivously. Being "realistic" has bacome a bad obsession. No, it doesn't have to be the same time in game as server time and I don't have to play 10 hours from morning until night to have a full day clycle. Time compression is best. Thank you all for answers...

EDIT: I know time acceleration is temporarly disabled... I hope it will be in use soon.

Edited by lucianpin

Probably not the top priority for the devs, but just to make sure it's out there - I'm 99.9% sure that rabbit snares don't work at all, even at places reported to be frequented by the horny bastards. :)

Probably not the top priority for the devs, but just to make sure it's out there - I'm 99.9% sure that rabbit snares don't work at all, even at places reported to be frequented by the horny bastards. :)

If they were so horny the map would be over run with rabbits by now....

That's possible. Even when they do work, it can be really difficult to get one (I've never managed to do it).

I have a friend who constantly catches rabbits on the latest patch, so, confirming, they are working.

Can you ask him for the where and how and let me know here or via PM? I've wasted a lot of time trying to do so, as a part of my "do all survival-related stuff" quest, but to no avail.

Can you ask him for the where and how and let me know here or via PM? I've wasted a lot of time trying to do so, as a part of my "do all survival-related stuff" quest, but to no avail.

As far as I know, just put it on the grass near a city and wait (like, 80m away from the closes building). It takes a while... Check to see if the trap disarmed itself every once in a while. It can take anywhere between a few minutes to half an hour to get a rabbit. I will get more information from him when I see him online.

As far as I know, just put it on the grass near a city and wait (like, 80m away from the closes building). It takes a while... Check to see if the trap disarmed itself every once in a while. It can take anywhere between a few minutes to half an hour to get a rabbit. I will get more information from him when I see him online.

I did that many times in vain. Please get from him any details you can. :)

I've seen two servers shut down today after reports sent.

If you don't report the servers that you claim are kicking you for no reason then nothing will happen, moaning here is not only off-topic but mis informing the public.

Stop it.

Vilayer will do nothing about servers kicking you for no reason.  I have proof of this via a ticket to them.  They don't even know the DayZ server rules, I have proof of this in my ticket to them as well.  So reporting Vilayer servers does no good as they take no action on them.

So even though you say that if you don't report them, nothing will happen, if you do report them, nothing will happen either and I have proof of it, at least with Vilayer.

Vilayer will do nothing about servers kicking you for no reason.

The Servers that I referred to were both Vilayer, they were shut down and a warning sent within 2 hours.

A member of these Forums contacted me because he could not identify the GSP.

I contacted someone who has taken this upon himself and knows the system very well (the good/the bad/the ugly) he made his report and I assume the person who contacted me here through the Forums did also.

So ok, whatever....back on Topic.

• Like 1

as reported.

Many Items not included in the spawn loot table on Live 52, zombies glitching through closed doors, some inside closed off rooms floors etc... Running through fences, sprinting up hills while you walk.

Heavy rain, lightning DE sync's the server and reboots with no errors to us. Clients reboot for no reasons usually in the heavy rain as well.

Stairs such as the firehouse, ladders etc... still cause random deaths.

You cant move for 1 minute after spawning into a freshly rebooted server as it isn't stable, and you die on the spot.

Silencers are not exactly correct on the M4, while the aug sounds great. I need to test the AK series.

Items are spawning in abnormal spots, in some cases not at all. (would have been nice knowing this before looking for them :( )

Will offer more when possible.

The Servers that I referred to were both Vilayer, they were shut down and a warning sent within 2 hours.

A member of these Forums contacted me because he could not identify the GSP.

I contacted someone who has taken this upon himself and knows the system very well (the good/the bad/the ugly) he made his report and I assume the person who contacted me here through the Forums did also.

So ok, whatever....back on Topic.

I guess that is because a person close to the DayZ team, you, contacted them so they acted on it.  

But lowly peasant folk like me get no action taken from Vilayer on issues such as this.  Again, it is all proven in the ticket to Vilayer, including their blatant ignorance of the plainly stated server rules.  BI should really look into this and why they won't take action for servers that violate the TOS.

Maybe just the support agent assigned to it was a buffoon and had no idea what he was doing or was supposed to do.  I even had to copy/paste the DayZ server rules for them in the ticket.

Due to this, I will never report another Vilayer server.  Why waste my time reporting when they won't even do their job and uphold the server rules.

Wasn't trying to derail the thread, just wanted it to be stated and on record what happened and my experience with Vilayer.

Back to the stable discussion.

CTD's in 52 have cleared up DRASTICALLY for me and are non-existent, aside from sometimes when leaving a server, which is also known issue.  I was getting them constantly before as were everyone I play with.  So I am super happy that issue was resolved.

Edited by TheBaddestAss

as reported.

Heavy rain, lightning DE sync's the server and reboots with no errors to us. Clients reboot for no reasons usually in the heavy rain as well.

Will offer more when possible.

Thanks for reporting this, as I haven't seen this mentioned very often. Whenever I loose connection, 95% of the time, when I log back in to the same server, it has begun to rain. I submitted a help ticket for this and I was advised to check my firewall and NAT settings!?!?!? They even suggested that I play with no firewall, whatsoever!!!

If other folks are experiencing this I would encourage you to submit a help ticket, so that the devs will recognize it as an open issue.

Did a search for silencer in this post and didnt see the answer. I have heard that pistol silencers aren't in the game but it was on the update list. Can anyone definitively speak to this?

Did a search for silencer in this post and didnt see the answer. I have heard that pistol silencers aren't in the game but it was on the update list. Can anyone definitively speak to this?

Pistol silencers have been in the game quite a while. I think the best chance to find them is at chopper crashes or christmas trees. Then again, I haven't seen either, for a long time.

Pistol silencers have been in the game quite a while. I think the best chance to find them is at chopper crashes or christmas trees. Then again, I haven't seen either, for a long time.

i have come across lootgasm christmas trees where i sorted through 100+ teddy bears and didnt see a pistol silencer. 

Pistol silencers don't spawn.

If they did, we would know.

• Like 1

i have come across lootgasm christmas trees where i sorted through 100+ teddy bears and didnt see a pistol silencer. 

Maybe you can only find them at chopper crashes. Though I haven't seen a single pistol silencer there so far. It could be that they removed them completely.

Maybe you can only find them at chopper crashes. Though I haven't seen a single pistol silencer there so far. It could be that they removed them completely.

After 100+ chopper crash's on our server never seen an silencer for pistols drop. After a 10000 teddybears and 100000 police stations etc not 1.

I add the totals up because there is many of us whom do the runs daily.

Sadly, but its true for every penny I drop in a server and 50000 players all go looking for it not one can confirm I did.

- would have been nice to know ahead of time :( but dems the breaks.

It's alright guys , hardly a big deal that someone misplaced the surpressors .. as far as I'm concerned there won't be a need for them until we can sneak around the butthole Zeds while using them , and when breaking down locked doors become much harder (so people chill in locked bases more, then they release silencers , then I slowly Lockpick through everyone's villa whilst silently taking people out room to room)!