SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.52 "Holiday Special" Discussion

Yeah - loot is pretty odd right now but I'm trying to focus on the new map updates. I think I found a new building at the mine up north. Also the V3S looks amazing and I love the new animations.

The map updates are what I care the most about, but I can't even get to them. I can't live long enough to do any exploring. The lack of anything for me to kill zombies with is actually a bigger problem than food.

I heard the new renderer is out (still work in progress) but can be enabled too.

• Like 7

I spawned near Novo and worked a safe path NE through the idle zombies completely weaponless for the most part.

Creeping around I saw zombies inside open houses no less than 3 times and I found it easier to evade and lose aggro as well.

I found 2 cans of tuna, an assault vest, a pitchfork, an axe, 1 green pepper, and 1 pair of wellies after looting many many houses for over an hour.

I'm surprised I found enough food not to starve and I am planning to pick the next berry bush a lot as I head North and hopefully find more loot/food.

It's certainly annoying when people only a few hours ahead of you pick the servers clean....

Have walkie-talkies been working for a while or did they just got fixed? At least I can see frequency where I'm talking in place of Direct Chat?

I heard the new renderer is out (still work in progress) but can be enabled too.

This is interesting but why isn't the city rendering below him and why are objects popping in at such a close distance?

If you aren't loading the city then of course you'll see better frame rates....

I'm confused.

If this is how the new renderer will display the game currently why would anyone play this way other than for the novelty of seeing it running?

This is interesting but why isn't the city rendering below him and why are objects popping in at such a close distance?

I'm confused.

If this is how the new renderer will display the game currently why would anyone play this way other than for the novelty of seeing it running?

It's still WIP as I said.

Ugh. Thinking I need to not play this for a bit. I just gave it a go for almost an hour and never made any real progress finding ANYTHING. I spent an entire hour looking until I finally came upon one solitary house with any loot in it, and of all things it was an assault vest  <_< The only other loot I found AT ALL were the teddy bears next to a Christmas tree. Never found any weapons of any kind, but tons and tons of ammo at the Christmas tree. Right now it's just basically impossible for me to stay alive for any length of time because I can't find any food or the means to create my own. Experimental usually has a loot shortage, but this is BY FAR the worst I've ever seen, especially considering it's only been out but a few hours. Victim of the new loot spawn system I guess?

Oh well. I'm not going to be salty about it. I'll just keep checking in here and on Reddit and when my frustration is gone I'll give it another try. Had a lot of my enthusiasm for this update killed though  :( I really, really wish they would add more Experimental servers. There are far too few of them given the demand for that branch.

Look on the bright side. You can commit suicide and start all over!

• Like 1

I'm confused.

The video is a troll LOL Its obviously not supose to be used... Look at the video again and lissen to him and you will understand its a troll ( sarcasm level 9000 by the youtuber)

• Like 1

The map updates are what I care the most about, but I can't even get to them. I can't live long enough to do any exploring. The lack of anything for me to kill zombies with is actually a bigger problem than food.

Yeah - been taking em out with a kitchen knife I was lucky enough to find. Subsisted a bit on berries until I finally found a can of food and a V3S at NEAF.

Edit: Found all the loot.

2014-12-17_00002.jpg

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 6

Edit: Found all the loot.

I don't see anything in that whole pile that looks like it would be good at killing zombies. Lots of food, clothing, and oddities though :)

Edited by Tatanko

Compass still reads backwards some times.

Reloading non magazine weapons is very flaky

Distribution of loot seems very good to me. Found a few loot-sploshions and few place with no loot but in general seemed pretty good.

Saw maybe 6 zombies in my hike, but I skipped allot of towns.

I don't see anything in that whole pile that looks like it would be good at killing zombies. Lots of food, clothing, and oddities though :)

Really? I see a Carbine rifle + ammo, a Crowbar and a Splitting Axe.

There's a pickaxe, a farming hoe, a shotgun and lots of other goodies worth your while to kill zombies in my opinion. Temporary I guess, but still does the job! B)

Really? I see a Carbine rifle + ammo, a Crowbar and a Splitting Axe.

And everybody spawns with a pair of perfectly capable zombie killing instruments anyway.

800px-Hands_in_a_fist.JPG

• Like 4

my new outfit. Do you like it? ;)

hgypqove.jpg

ACOG

qwkc49ry.jpg

pumpkin seed

ah8d527b.jpg

6ofurvz9.jpg

Thanks to everyone for sharing screenshots with new stuff :thumbsup: :beans:

• Like 6

my new outfit. Do you like it? ;)

hgypqove.jpg

Don't get caught running around like this, I heard 'dem bandits can be rude folk...

That guy keeps going on about how much better the game looks, it looks absolutely HORRIBLE with 90% of the buildings misisng, what is that guy smoking?

If that's what the rendering and FPS solutions are going to be, they need to reduce all cities to no more than 10 buildings and call it a fucking day.  I really hope that's not the solution to performance increases.

That guy keeps going on about how much better the game looks, it looks absolutely HORRIBLE with 90% of the buildings misisng, what is that guy smoking?

If that's what the rendering and FPS solutions are going to be, they need to reduce all cities to no more than 10 buildings and call it a fucking day.  I really hope that's not the solution to performance increases.

You were successfully trolled.  ;)

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

5b9kmIE.jpg

IxEEuZW.jpg

The chiansaw looks awesome :D Did you try to chop a tree with that beauty? And does it needs fuel?

man....I'm so happy for the experimental - it's great!

The chiansaw looks awesome :D Did you try to chop a tree with that beauty? And does it needs fuel?

man....I'm so happy for the experimental - it's great!

Didn't get a chance to test unfortunately, I dropped it just after taking the picture and it vanished.

U8msuFM.jpg

Just found this though.

Yc4ST5n.jpg

And the new mp5 grip on said mp5.

Edited by Tappa
  • Like 4

Didn't get a chance to test unfortunately, I dropped it just after taking the picture and it vanished.

Dam. There's little bug where you need to equip some of your hotbar stuff couple times before taking weapons from the ground.

New version of the mine near Kamensk. Looks like Kamensk and the surrounding area is developed too.

Edit: By the way why do my screenshots look like I took them with a potato? Steam seems to destroy the quality.

2014-12-17_00003.jpg

2014-12-17_00004.jpg

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 4