boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

is anyone else having trouble finding the .357 magnum? haven't seen one since .49

It drops indeed at 51 - I found one inside a military base some hours ago, but I already had a hangun and a lot more 'rare' one like amphibia S (silencer) at a crash site -

I also saw the steyr AUG Automatic Rifle, and I regret I didn't pick it up instead of my M4 - I guess I need a tent soon to hoard up, lol. )

Edited by Ori42

**Patiently waits for word of 0.52 Experimental**

:)

• Like 2

is anyone else having trouble finding the .357 magnum? haven't seen one since .49

It drops indeed at 51 - I found one inside a military base some hours ago, but I already had a hangun and a lot more 'rare' one like amphibia S (silencer) at a crash site -

I also saw the steyr AUG Automatic Rifle, and I regret I didn't pick it up instead of my M4 - I guess I need a tent soon to hoard up, lol. )

I noticed this also in 0.51 as I prefer it as my sidearm. I've been finding magnums in the 3rd floor of the Schools. Its the room to the left when you come up the stairs where a weapon almost always spawns. 

I take it there's no exp update today?

There is a complete lack of word about it, isn't there? I just assumed there would be one because it's been a week since 0.51 went to Stable and the devs were discussing "mid-December" for 0.52 Experimental if I remember correctly. No big deal if there isn't an update, but I really thought there would be one. I was looking forward to scouting for map changes.

There is a complete lack of word about it, isn't there? I just assumed there would be one because it's been a week since 0.51 went to Stable and the devs were discussing "mid-December" for 0.52 Experimental if I remember correctly. No big deal if there isn't an update, but I really thought there would be one. I was looking forward to scouting for map changes.

Seriously , I love experimental updates regardless , but to be able to scout out a new geographical location / town with the new v3s is probably the most exciting aspect of this next experimental... Now if they threw in some extra features that would just be top dawggie .

• Like 3

Actually I am finding them to be fairly prolific.  Try the small ginger bread style cottages, it is where I usually find them.  The FNX, now that is a unicorn.

• Like 2

**Patiently waits for word of 0.52 Experimental**

:)

As am I

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/216351-waiting-in-this-fashion-patiently-for-52-on-experimental/

Since exp and .51 stable are the same I am exp by default, so when there is an exp update I am ready.  Besides, 'Tis the season, I figure what the hell, they already gave us a truck for Christmas.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

i keep getting CTDs every 5-20 mins .. and thats the most common reason for death

Since exp and .51 stable are the same I am exp by default, so when there is an exp update I am ready.  Besides, 'Tis the season, I figure what the hell, they already gave us a truck for Christmas.

Yeah, I'm not badly pining for an update. 0.52 is exactly the kind of update I like though: bug fixes and map changes. So I am a little excited for it ;)

Speaking of which, SteamDB is showing changes less than an hour ago, but no info about what changed (depots, pricing, etc. didn't change that I can see). Not going to get my hopes up. There's always Friday! ...and next week!

Yeah, I'm not badly pining for an update. 0.52 is exactly the kind of update I like though: bug fixes and map changes. So I am a little excited for it ;)

Speaking of which, SteamDB is showing changes less than an hour ago, but no info about what changed (depots, pricing, etc. didn't change that I can see). Not going to get my hopes up. There's always Friday! ...and next week!

Unfortunately it won't be today :

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/216759-twitter-eugen-no-experimental-today-for-those-looking-for-one-its-still-wip/#entry2178345

But there's still hope for tomorrow and Friday (payday) !! :0

Note : sorry I can't "spoiler" as I'm on mobile :(

Unfortunately it won't be today :

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/216759-twitter-eugen-no-experimental-today-for-those-looking-for-one-its-still-wip/#entry2178345

But there's still hope for tomorrow and Friday (payday) !! :0

Note : sorry I can't "spoiler" as I'm on mobile :(

Boo. Oh well. I have some unfinished business to take care of on Stable. I'm very nearly done with a to-do list for the wiki that I started clear back in March...

Does anyone know what the cause(s) of Prion Disease in the game?  My buddy got all freaked out last night cause he heard the laughing really close to him and was convinced a guy was watching and waiting to ambush.  Turns out it was he himself who was laughing uncontrollably (about once every 5 minutes or so).  BTW - no indication in messages that anything was wrong.

Anyhow, the only thing he could think of that he did was drink from a pond...  apparently he doesn't want to find out if human flesh tastes like chicken.  What might have caused it?  Can it randomly afflict people through no action of their own?  Do you get it from fighting zeds?

Well, I guess I have my answer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWAw7Cf572U

WOBO confirms through testing (though not actually shown in the video) that non-Prion players on a server can hear the laughing/crying sounds merely by having a player on the server who is suffering from Prion.  He calls it a bug (rightly so) but details are lacking.  For instance, does the sound-affected player hear it because s/he is in certain proximity to the Prion player or is the sound-affected player randomly chosen?  I ask because of the 3 of us my buddy is the only one who heard it...  until we got close to him.  Since there was only one other player on the server apparently he MUST have tasted the forbidden flesh.  From my 1st hand experience it appeared that the sounds were coming from my buddy's player as if it has "attached" to him.

EDIT:  Forgot to say that he/we still heard the sounds even after the other player left the server.  Thus, why I use the term "attached".

And for those who don't feel like watching you should ook for the player twitching as a positive ID of a cannibal.

Curious what others think, but I would consider KOS for a cannibal based upon some in-game sense of him being an "abomination" of humanity.  If nothing else it gives a valid reason to KOS for those who would not normally do so.  My personal rule would be to make an effort to tell the player why he must die - kind of a role playing thing - but I suppose killas gonna kill if they want, lol.

Edited by OrganGrinder
  • Like 3

Curious what others think, but I would consider KOS for a cannibal based upon some in-game sense of him being an "abomination" of humanity.  If nothing else it gives a valid reason to KOS for those who would not normally do so.  My personal rule would be to make an effort to tell the player why he must die - kind of a role playing thing - but I suppose killas gonna kill if they want, lol.

My experiences with the "bug" have been exactly as you've described: it only seems to directly affect "some" or one other player on the server besides the actual cannibal, and if unaffected players are nearby to the bug-affected player, they can hear it too as if that player is the one originating the noise.

As for the moral aspect you considered: I would handle it the same way. I'm going to kill them no matter what they say. This disease is a way of forcing you to wear your demons on your sleeve for everyone to see, and it's just going to make me not trust you immediately -- as if I trust randoms to begin with. These side effects make it all the easier for me to make my decision.

• Like 2

I can't wait to get outta work and play dayz , I haven't played literally in DAYS and it's killing me lol but after working I always have no energy to sit up and pay attention lol (I'm too attached to my characters as they are always badass survivalist heroes , so I don't wanna die due to being tired!) . But today's the day , because today I got an early day ending around 5:30 est , and daddy's gonna go straight to my squads house and proceed to LAN party the shit out of all bandits in the server of my choosing ...

I thought I'd try this "eating of human flesh" that all the kids are raving about, "you gotta try it maan, its the bomb maan" they are saying. So I found a guy that wanted me to kill him and eat him, skinned him and cut down a tree and was gonna make a little fire for a nice barbecue. Turns out I'd lost my matches when the game decided to break my legs for no reason and ruin my pants and everything in them. I knew I had see some matches earlier so i ran for the house that had them, found them and ran back and the server crashes.  DOH!

TBH not a huge fan of the Friday Exp updates, especially when they are a disaster from a technical standpoint that can't get fixed until Monday.

TBH not a huge fan of the Friday Exp updates, especially when they are a disaster from a technical standpoint that can't get fixed until Monday.

Fair enough, they do often turn out poorly. I'm hopeful that since they decided to delay it today due to undisclosed issues, that it will be ready for a semi-stable rollout to Experimental on Friday without any major hiccups. If they're unsure about it, save it for Monday. We'll be here ;)

• Like 1

*snip*

And for those who don't feel like watching you should ook for the player twitching as a positive ID of a cannibal.

If I see someone carving up another player for steaks I will shoot him dead without warning, yes.

This would technically be a form of KoS, truly justifiable as self defense in my opinion.

If they require an upclose and personal coups de gras, I will likely say something like, "fucking cannibal" before I dispatch them.

• Like 1

I experienced my first CTD since the earlier DayZ Standalone alpha days. I also am experiencing memory leaks (textures will de-load, I can see through buildings, etc.) requiring me to restart every once in awhile. It actually let me see some enemies sneaking up on me through the wall and I took them out with 5 FPS :P

EDIT: Seems like I'm getting pretty consistent CTD's. Mostly been hanging around in big cities so that may be why. Gearing up my character went smoothly but once it comes to me hunting players - I'm crashing every 10 minutes or so. I'm surprised they pushed a patch that consistently CTD's for many people into the "Stable" branch. They should definitely take a step back and figure it out before adding more potentially buggy features to the game that could complicate matters further.

Edited by t1337Dude

I experienced my first CTD since the earlier DayZ Standalone alpha days. I also am experiencing memory leaks (textures will de-load, I can see through buildings, etc.) requiring me to restart every once in awhile. It actually let me see some enemies sneaking up on me through the wall and I took them out with 5 FPS :P

EDIT: Seems like I'm getting pretty consistent CTD's. Mostly been hanging around in big cities so that may be why. Gearing up my character went smoothly but once it comes to me hunting players - I'm crashing every 10 minutes or so. I'm surprised they pushed a patch that consistently CTD's for many people into the "Stable" branch. They should definitely take a step back and figure it out before adding more potentially buggy features to the game that could complicate matters further.

Well fortunately for us , this is not some major memory leak afaik .. But unfortunate for you ,because it's an annoying problem that makes you verify your files for dayz in steam , then restart steam ...

My friend has a very low end computer and things like this happen a lot , also if you're crashing near a v3s when it's running , turn off your audio as that sound of the v3s seems to consume the processor or something ? Very strange but I've only seen this audio problem on my friends computer (he can barely run the game, so I'm assuming it's using too much of his processor , as turning off all audio stopped it from crashing) ... But I digress , whenever that "memory leak" problem happens to my friend, he verifies dayz files in steam then restarts steam and it works for a couple of weeks or so until he has to do it again ...

Are Helicopter crash sites still invisible, I am yet to find one, i actually went to all the spawns yesterday, now as you could imagine thats a lot of time wasted.

Well fortunately for us , this is not some major memory leak afaik .. But unfortunate for you ,because it's an annoying problem that makes you verify your files for dayz in steam , then restart steam ...

My friend has a very low end computer and things like this happen a lot , also if you're crashing near a v3s when it's running , turn off your audio as that sound of the v3s seems to consume the processor or something ? Very strange but I've only seen this audio problem on my friends computer (he can barely run the game, so I'm assuming it's using too much of his processor , as turning off all audio stopped it from crashing) ... But I digress , whenever that "memory leak" problem happens to my friend, he verifies dayz files in steam then restarts steam and it works for a couple of weeks or so until he has to do it again ...

My DayZ files are fine (double-checked'em). It's a problem with the game, clearly. I'm rocking a 980 GTX, i7 930 @ 4.2 Ghz, 16gb of RAM, 850 Pro SSD. But every once in awhile my game objects will start to unload and eventually my game will slow to a halt. Tons of other people have been reporting weird crashes and game-breaking bugs so if you haven't experienced it then you're certainly the lucky one. Check the thread and the .51 experimental thread - they pushed the patch to stable without addressing big problems people were complaining about. Doesn't really take a detective to figure any of this stuff out...

Edited by t1337Dude

Found lots of netting on a low pop tonight, was so jumpy in Elektro with my prized gear I ended up ruthlessly taking very disappointing potshots at a freshspawn I saw fending off zombies with an axe.

My DayZ crashes once every 30 minutes in average. Somtimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after 1 hour.

Anyone else experiencing this!? Really annoying to play :( Usually happends when I'm inside a house or close to a car.

Also once it happend inside a house, and when I got in again my character was 10 meters away from the house when a sudden broken leg.. which I had to patch up!! Damn it still hurts.