spuddy0108

Medic here. Everyone is starving to death

While in 0.49 everyone was freezing their arse of, now everyone is starving to death. And there is not much we as medics can do about it because half of us are starving to death as well. I just played for 2 hours, i found 1 tomato. For christ sake devs fix those loot tables.

• Like 1

While in 0.49 everyone was freezing their arse of, now everyone is starving to death. And there is not much we as medics can do about it because half of us are starving to death as well. I just played for 2 hours, i found 1 tomato. For christ sake devs fix those loot tables.

Before a couple of days ago I hadn't played DayZ in months. Found huge amounts of food. Spawned in Svetlojarsk. 

Is it possible that you're going through areas that have already been looted?

• Like 1

Before a couple of days ago I hadn't played DayZ in months. Found huge amounts of food. Spawned in Svetlojarsk. 

Is it possible that you're going through areas that have already been looted?

Loot spawning is currently broken.

Edited by Yazar8

I grow tomatoes at East Coast Base Camps for food and water.

1 bush == 13 tomatoes == ~15-30 min active  (semi-passive)           :thumbsup:

Medics are welcome at Berezino Base Camp   B)

• Like 2

I grow tomatoes at East Coast Base Camps for food and water.

1 bush == 13 tomatoes == ~15-30 min active  (semi-passive)           :thumbsup:

Medics are welcome at Berezino Base Camp   B)

I would like to place an order of 300 tomatoes please.

• Like 6

Stop playing on persistent servers and go to ones with it turned off.  Loot is fine on the non-persistent servers.  Of course you have no chance at all of finding a place that way overspawns guns and such.  Which is why i believe a lot of players play on the persistent ones in hopes of discovering these places.

Curious, are players starving to death on the western side of the map? I am away for the holiday and haven't even able to play. I usually assume these threads whining about no loot are made by coast dwellers. But, this is my first patch with persistence, and I am ignorant to its effects on a server after a few weeks. Can someone enlighten me?

There shouldn't be a starving issue on any server, persistent or not.  berry bushes and apple trees still exist.  streams still exist. It's still possible to craft a fishing pole,

• Like 4

Curious, are players starving to death on the western side of the map? I am away for the holiday and haven't even able to play. I usually assume these threads whining about no loot are made by coast dwellers. But, this is my first patch with persistence, and I am ignorant to its effects on a server after a few weeks. Can someone enlighten me?

I spawned in on a persistent server and before I could find food by running from kamyshovo up north and westward I died of starvation.  I did not eat berries or anything i just wanted to see how far i would make it before I got to the areas westward that spwn food and drinks.  I didn'r make it.  This is a problem with persistent servers does not effect non persistent servers.  but as nettles if in the future they intend for it to be that way then I will adjust my game play and live off the land but for now I just play on non-persistent servers since I enjoy finding helicopter crash sites as well and they only spawn on non-persistent servers for now also.

Weird, I am playing on persistent servers, and I am having precisely zero problems finding food. Look in the "kitchen" buildings (yellow and blue striped square house), and the "brick arch" building (brick building, with an arch. There generally is food in the kitchen) for food.

They STILL need to cut canned food back, IMHO, but wait until after better agriculture and foraging is implemented.

• Like 2

It seems that the sanctions on Russia took their toll before the apocalypse. Also, this:

There shouldn't be a starving issue on any server, persistent or not.  berry bushes and apple trees still exist.  streams still exist. It's still possible to craft a fishing pole,

I can perfectly understand that you find servers with virtually no loot, but it's beyond me how anyone can starve to death in DayZ.

• Like 3

It seems that the sanctions on Russia took their toll before the apocalypse. Also, this:

I can perfectly understand that you find servers with virtually no loot, but it's beyond me how anyone can starve to death in DayZ.

Survival = getting over-fed from canned food in 3 minutes and fully geared with 2 primary weapons + pistols and the whole backpack full of ammo in further 10 minutes!

Not? At least this is still in the heads of many people ;)

There is food there if you look for it. Stay on the coast or go to the main cities and you will die. 

Go to the countryside and make use of the fishing hunting and foraging and you will live. It's as simple as that.

• Like 1

You're either not lookin in the right places or playing on a terrible server... Food is still everywhere

get off persistent servers and everything works fine. 

• Like 2

Persistent servers never have loot. You just have to play on different servers and eventually, you will find the one that CRAP ton of loot. I have my server for that, but I will not ever disclose that information.

Wanna watch a movie? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5KUyg7SyZk

Stable, I don't see how people starve, but Experimental there is a loot problem. lol I see ALOT of people starving, however, I know where to go to NOT starve (if I am lucky).  B)

Stable, I don't see how people starve, but Experimental there is a loot problem. lol I see ALOT of people starving, however, I know where to go to NOT starve (if I am lucky).  B)

Just played a few hours on exp/1st person starting as a freshie. Yes it´s hard, but you can find enough to survive. Searching for berries, apples, later hunting or fishing and there is still canned food, kiwis and bananas lying around (inland). I can´t see the reason not to work for your food and just get lot of canned food out of nowhere in the apocalypse. And after some time me and my buddy also had weapons with some ammo and decent clothing.

This is a game about a zombie apocalypse and survival in Chernarus and not the garden of Richie Rich.

I hope in the future the game will be more like this than in the past ( fully fed and geared in 15 minutes).

I understand you, I've died several times of starvation and dehydration :( had to kill a friendly guy today to get his last 20% water from the canteen. I'm still alive though. Altough it is a very shameful life u.u

Really, guys? How are you dying from starvation and dehydration? Survival is still stupidly simple.

Ponds and streams are EVERYWHERE. Look at the bottoms of hills, and alongside roads. You don't HAVE to use canteens.

There is an apple tree in almost every town, I am certain of it.

There are berry bushes EVERYWHERE. If you don't know what the safe berries are, LOOK IT UP.

I seriously wonder what the hell you guys are going to do once canned food spawns get seriously cut back. Use that wet noodle between your ears and think; what would I do in a serious survival situation? Use some ingenuity. 

• Like 3

I seriously wonder what the hell you guys are going to do once canned food spawns get seriously cut back.

Is it going to get cut back? I can't wait. Right now the main plague of the post-apocalypse world still seems to be obesity.

And yeah, I'd actually like to hear somebody recount how they starved/dehydrated to death. I don't even feel the need to carry canteens/bottles anymore. Where do you head to after a respawn? I believe you have hours of playing after spawning 'hungry'. Plenty of time to find water and at least an apple tree (I admit picking berries can be somewhat tedious) even on a lootless server.

There is absolutely no reason at this stage in development that you should be starving.  There is enough berry bushes and apple trees that you can sustain yourself until you get further inland to find food.

Edited by Caboose187

Just hopped on 3pp to see if loot was as scarce as everyone is claiming. Without drinking from any ponds, I was able to finally get fed and hydrated after about 2 hours. I almost died of dehydration as I hit Zelenogorsk, but luckily found a 6-pack of pipsi after breaking my legs in the jail.

Dying of hunger or thirst is definitely possible on persistent servers, but can be overcome with some determination. I even found an AKM and an AK74U which I now have chambered to back up my mak.

Moral of the story: quit bitching and persevere!