Sign in to follow this  
Zing Freelancer

SPOSN Tortilla Backpack

I think the hunting backpack does look bigger... Maybe put a side by side comparison screenshot up

You can't even imagine how disappointed I was to see them not being stuffed with Tortillas.

• Like 19

Why is SPOSN Tortilla Backpack visually bigger than Hunting backpack but got less storage space?

Because the hunting backpack was designed by Doctor Who :)

The problem with all backpacks is the actual item sizes in DayZ, for the 28 slot SPOSN you can fit 7 hand guns in it. Or 28 boxes of matches. Both of these are Way off the mark to represent what the backpack could actually hold.

I hope at some time in the Dev cycle the size of items are re-worked. 

• Like 6

The problem with all backpacks is the actual item sizes in DayZ, for the 28 slot SPOSN you can fit 7 hand guns in it. Or 28 boxes of matches. Both of these are Way off the mark to represent what the backpack could actually hold.

I would actually prefer if they were to make the slots smaller but in greater number, allowing for more item size variation and requiring more inventory management. 

• Like 2

This.

I would actually prefer if they were to make the slots smaller but in greater number, allowing for more item size variation and requiring more inventory management. 

I agree, something like splitting the current slot into 4, so matches take up a quarter of a current slot, handgun takes 8 smaller slots, etc.

• Like 1

I agree, something like splitting the current slot into 4, so matches take up a quarter of a current slot, handgun takes 8 smaller slots, etc.

So four times the current, like this:

hzZiJPF.gif 

Yeah I think that'd be the perfect balance between realistic sizes and practicality.

EDIT: though, I'd want them to fix the inventory tetris bug first or it'd be a disaster. 

Edited by LucidHills
  • Like 2

Atm the inventory system is just off, its 2D for a start, so for example you can fit a protector case into your jean pockets without the struggle of it not fitting in, another issue is the lack of a 'pocket' system but thats for another thread.

• Like 1

hzZiJPF.gif

I originally saw this and saw the four squares, looked down at the next post and looked up to see 16 squares…thought my vision was blurry, rubbed my eyes. Looked up again saw 4 squares, read another post and looked back and saw 16. Repeated another x and realized what was going on.  :lol:

• Like 2

Atm the inventory system is just off, its 2D for a start, so for example you can fit a protector case into your jean pockets without the struggle of it not fitting in, another issue is the lack of a 'pocket' system but thats for another thread.

I've been thinking about the pocket thing. Like should a backpack be laid out with different rows of slots in different sizes, representing "pockets"? Because in the tortilla backpack, it goes into great detail in the description about the pockets.
  • Like 2

You can't even imagine how disappointed I was to see them not being stuffed with Tortillas.

NOT EVEN ONE JAR OF SALSA! THE NERVE OF THOSE DEVELOPERS!!!!! >:[

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 2

I kept wanting salsa the moment I first found one.. like I was being drawn to salsa.

edit: HA.. just saw deathloves post.

Edited by lrish

But can we all appreciate how much better the current inventory system is compared to mod's? You could cram an AS50 into an assault pack for Christ's sake...

• Like 1

Tortilla doesn't block as much view if you try to look behind you in first person.

• Like 1

Thoughts on SPOSN vs. Drybag? Capacity is the same but I think Drybag is better for body temperature. Not sure if there is any validity

7 cans of Peaches

7 cans of Rasputin Kvass

7 cans of Tactical Bacon

7 Apples

The balanced meal backpack

The DayZ (or Dean Hall, or Chernarus) diet... 

Thoughts on SPOSN vs. Drybag? Capacity is the same but I think Drybag is better for body temperature. Not sure if there is any validity

Both water proof, SPOSN has way better rear view= better

Drybag blocks looking over your shoulder in 1pp like mountain packs and it has that ugly 'Marin' logo so I think the choice is pretty clear on which is better.