SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.50 Discussion

Items do not update their state properly (durability/wet). Moving them, or relogging will refresh.

All i have been doing is double clicking the item. 

Thats moving, since you move it to your inventory.

Went back to berezino for the first time in ages. No hackers just a good time. Well done devs

Finally having a good run with a survivalist character. The new patch couldn't have come at a better time. Well done to the whole dev team!

...now if I could only find some Mosin ammo...:)

I went upstairs in tech building while closing the doors behind me. Could hear zeds outside running around and when I went on the roof they seem to have glitched inside as they came to the top stairwell.

I like the patch so far. Loots seem to have improved and you are not freezing so easily. Instead you get hot, which is annoying but easily fixable(just take off your jacket). The new door sounds are great but the doors themselves are glitchier. I also lost a mosin and then a shotgun from my inventory in two hours play. This happened before the patch also and I thought it was hackers but now? They just dissapear for no reason, they do not end up anywhere, I checked the area very thouroghly.

Hey has anyone seen some crazy loot so far in stable. Was there a character wipe. And has the pm 73 rak been located or if its still in the actual game. Just want to make sure a couple things before I go on and dowload.

Has the "hidden health system" been fixed?

Not clear yet.

I am looking at it right now, still in place, seems more developed, than before in 0.49 stable.

maybe just me but there was no option to remove battery from walkie talkie, had to drop it to see the battery

Yeah, you need some water as you'll be thirsty, but you probably wouldn't be on the verge of being medically dehydrated with the risk of death, which is what seems to happen here.

Still haven't been able to replicate your experience of being "medically dehydrated with the risk of death". Running at full sprint for around 4k made me go from bright green hydrated to dark green hydrated. Based on this info it should take around twice the distance to go from dark green hydrated to neutrally hydrated assuming I started at 4000 units (mL?) to begin with. It then takes another 700 units to even get the first yellow "Thirsty" message. Seems pretty good to me, especially considering this was non-stop sprinting and not simply jogging.

Also, my boots are still pristine after running around 10k. Are you sure they weren't damaged by a Zed or something? If not it may be a bug.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

I just went from bright hydrated to no icon between zelono and myshkino

Still haven't been able to replicate your experience of being "medically dehydrated with the risk of death". Running at full sprint for around 4k made me go from bright green hydrated to dark green hydrated. Based on this info it should take around twice the distance to go from dark green hydrated to neutrally hydrated assuming I started at 4000 units (mL?) to begin with. It then takes another 700 units to even get the first yellow "Thirsty" message. Seems pretty good to me, especially considering this was non-stop sprinting and not simply jogging.

Also, my boots are still pristine after running around 10k. Are you sure they weren't damaged by a Zed or something? If not it may be a bug.

It seems weirdly fluctuating. Right now I've ran from Novo to Elektro and the hydration was still light green.

Also, the boots; found myself a new pair of pristine military boots, played for a couple of hours with some friends where we just ran around visiting the new locations and finding people, and they haven't gone from pristine to worn yet.

• Like 1

for sure there is a bug where every item is pristine but I like that :D

anyone know where the leather repair kit or the range finder spawns?

and does the range finder accept/need a battery?

anyone know where the leather repair kit 

Random locations, just like normal one. 

I put some tents in DayZ LAX 4-051 and 4-062(hosted by fragnet), two official server of course. These tents were safe for 3 weeks, but all gone after the update last night. So, what happen to persistence? broken again? Did anyone meet the same problem? 

Here was a fun glitch. Dropped a brass knuckles from my inventory, it did not disappear from my bag. It duplicated on the ground. I tried again, another set. I have 4 brass knuckles. Not sure if I'll still have them when I respawn tomorrow. 

The sledge hammer is fun. Killed four zombies that chased me into a hospital room with four swings. 

Love the new waterproof backpacks. 

Found a Longhorn in one of the log cabins that never used to have loot. 

EVERYTHING is pristine!

Somebody turned off the well water. 

Great update. Hadn't played in a while so it was fun to see new stuff.

I logged on after patch and lost all my gear. Was this supposed to happen or did I get a big ass shaft? I had just found a 75 round drum form my akm.

I have not been able to drink from a fountain on many servers 1pp n 3pp.

Dropping containers/backpacks hide the contents and I've had to fiddle with it to make them appear again by dragging in and out of the inventory.

Sometimes picking up items won't work, drag n drop, double click, or having the dot hover over the item and clicking "f" or middle mouse button all fail.

New building at NEAF's doors are too small its a total bitch getting in and out.

Other than those things I do enjoy the new patch. I like the icons new size when dragging and dropping. I've found a few feathers at coops, just wish you'd be able to find more than one if you do.

I put some tents in DayZ LAX 4-051 and 4-062(hosted by fragnet), two official server of course. These tents were safe for 3 weeks, but all gone after the update last night. So, what happen to persistence? broken again? Did anyone meet the same problem? 

Eugene said...

"Persistence data structure has changed. So this is something that had to happen."

Quite sure the placement of this shovel is new (never noticed it till now anyway :P) - I really like the "flavor" that this type of spawn gives the game, its a small touch but adds a lot to immersion! Hope to see more of this sort of thing be applied to other spawn locations (if it hasn't been done already).

33jhbb8.jpg

I'd been away for a long time, came back towards the end of .49, and after the update melee has been horrifying. I've played on several servers, ranging from 20 to 98 ping, and the zombies are all hitting me from 15ft away and I can't seem to hit them. Is there something different about the way melee interp works than it did in the past or something?

Basically I've been dead within my first few encounters when I didn't have a fire axe, and even then I'm not able to connect hit reliably enough to get away unscathed like I used to.

That's a bit exaggerated. I can run one hour without drinking or stopping if I'm not tired (something like 8 kilometers), and I'm not stronger than most people. And even after that I couldn't drink a whole canteen. The water that you drink can't just vanish, you have to transform it into urine or sweat.

Also I like how the inventory is much mor colourful, the game should be like that too.

yep and I have to say that in my opinion player is able to drink way too much water at once  (several botles of water) is absurd. This health and food drink system must be tweaked in conjunction with how many botles of water you have to drink before loot table can be tweaked in a final state.