SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.50 Discussion

Would be nice to have an update on status of Persistance.

Is it globally enabled now? (Is the option still there for server admins?)

Have the issues been fixed where certain items would stay and others wouldn't etc? I think at one point there was an issue leaving backpacks, protector cases behind?

Game is running incredibly smooth on my garbage rig.. Staying consistently at or above 40fps. A few of the doors are kinda gimmicky, if you don't hit it just right, you'll have a rough time opening it. (Mainly the houses that have the small staircase with the overhang at the front door) Wells don't work. 

Side note: Was looting the police station at Kamyshovo? ( I think that was the town) One room had an mp5, another an ak-74. Is that intended? Otherwise, loving .50! :)

hi there thx a lot for the update :) one question... is the player reset fixed now? beacouse that was really annoying and i cant find it on the log...

sorry for my bad english, i am italian XD

Hnnggnnhhh! You can't attach the PSO-1 to the AK74... well I guess I'll have to roll yet another month (or until they roll out next patch) with the AKM.

hi there thx a lot for the update :) one question... is the player reset fixed now? beacouse that was really annoying and i cant find it on the log...

sorry for my bad english, i am italian XD

Yes it is BUT if you join a server and are a fresh spawn.

1. Don't move

2. Leave server

3. Join different server

https://www.facebook.com/PistolGamingHostingLTD go look they added vehicles damn silly that they added more than the devs said someones lieing

There have been vehicles on hacked servers for ages. They are basically using old source and adding arma stuff. Total hackfest and full of cheats. They are probably using that server because they can still cheat on there. Good luck to them. I hope their server explodes.

• Like 1

What about Fix knows bugs, add vehicles, fix the damn Deniscronization between players, add more zombies...

This is supuse to be a Zombie game , but WHAT THE FUCK if you hit a town there is only 1 or 2 zombies What the hell is that, Stop being lazy, at first you say the game will cost 15usd inicial price but no it cost 30usd, and now you keep adding more and more useles towns and shit who no one wants, what the hell is wrong with you guys... are you fucking stupid? or just didnt want to do anything right

1.2 gigas patch just for pure bullshit.. god lord

The good news is that there is a fix for that:

Step 1: Uninstall DayZ

Step 2: Wait until release

Step 3: Install DayZ

You are welcome.  :)

• Like 8

Just did that and Shut down my vilayer account one less official server thanks for the advice see you at release

• Like 1

What about Fix knows bugs, add vehicles, fix the damn Deniscronization

Stop being lazy

are you fucking stupid?

pure bullshit..

Feel free to contributei n a constructive manner. This isn't.

• Like 5

Not sure how much I like just how fast boots degrade, as my pristine military boots became damaged after a run from Balota to Novo.

The rate of which the hydration decreases while running would be ok if we had vehicles and such properly integrated, but right now its a bit silly that I lose my Hydrated-status after running about four kilometers.

So guys, is persistence in or not? I think that's the question on everyone's mind right now.

But hes right. Waiting since 3 month for tent fix and vehicles, and they still just adding stupid towns

Not sure how much I like just how fast boots degrade, as my pristine military boots became damaged after a run from Balota to Novo.

The rate of which the hydration decreases while running would be ok if we had vehicles and such properly integrated, but right now its a bit silly that I lose my Hydrated-status after running about four kilometers.

I'm sure it's all subject to change but I much prefer this to how it was before where you could literally get by without ever drinking water. Make sure and keep at least 1 canteen on you and as you travel keep in mind the water sources that are along your path. Also keep in mind that losing your hydrated status doesn't mean you're dehydrated, but rather that you're "neutrally" hydrated. I'm not saying it's perfect, but its closer to reality than it was previously. I sure as hell need some water after running a 5k!  :)

I'll have to test the footwear degradation - in experimental you could practically lap the entire map several times before your boots would become worn.

Edited by solodude23

Only addition from experimental is fix for backpacks (waterproof) on female characters

thank you!

• Like 1

Found a mosin and lrs plus 40 rounds for it in 10 mins.

Easy mode is back on.

To be fair, Stable is always easy mode compared to Experimental due to the number of available servers versus number of players.

So guys, is persistence in or not? I think that's the question on everyone's mind right now.

Based on eugen's tweet about servers getting clogged up after a certain amount of time due to persistence, I would say it's at least available... not sure if it's mandatory, but I know the original goal was to have it be mandatory on 0.50.

• Like 1

I just want something to ride we have waited so long  lol. I love the game but I just don't know at this stage of a alpha and it has been in alpha a long time now adding fluffer code should be second to major development in this stage of aplha.  I keep an eye on several alpha games being developed and when another heavy hitter in development has already implemented vehicles in there pre alpha that started at a later date it is discouraging to see for me. This is not a rant just a feeling of lack of game development on the vehicle coders not working harder and faster at their end.

I'm sure it's all subject to change but I much prefer this to how it was before where you could literally get by without ever drinking water. Make sure and keep at least 1 canteen on you and as you travel keep in mind the water sources that are along your path. Also keep in mind that losing your hydrated status doesn't mean you're dehydrated, but rather that you're "neutrally" hydrated. I'm not saying it's perfect, but its closer to reality than it was previously. I sure as hell need some water after running a 5k!  :)

I'll have to test the footwear degradation - in experimental you could practically lap the entire map several times before your boots would become worn.

Yeah, you need some water as you'll be thirsty, but you probably wouldn't be on the verge of being medically dehydrated with the risk of death, which is what seems to happen here.

Either an idiot or just an arse only you will know what you are.

So watching twitch game play since the mod never mind the standalone, so yeah I know the game. Although I don’t experience it first hand the Zombies hitting through walls, loosing things you place down disappearing etc are disappointing for the time in development. So I’m not going to follow a game or discuss it because I’m not yet playing – Aye right! Probably know the game more than most when I watch some of the top players.

You forgot another thing that's missing "having fun".

To be fair, Stable is always easy mode compared to Experimental due to the number of available servers versus number of players.

I wouldn't know. But to be honest I think it is ridiculous that I went from nothing to long range sniper with plenty of ammo in one short session.

Bearing in mind I also found a Blaze a CR527 and 2 shotguns all in one town.

Edited by DoctorBadSign
  • Like 2