SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.50 Discussion

Holy shite ... Why am I at work now ??? I'm gonna call home and tell my dog to start the stream download ... I need to see the new Kamensk mine and see if it's a true mine now and not a death pit !! Also this isn't new but I'm going to be looking for the secret cave at pik koslova or whatever if it's still there as I just found out about it today lol :)

Yeah bro I feel the "sick" coming on, better go home to be safe!

Never played only watched on twitch due to my old system that came out the ark in 2004. Anyway glad to see some progress as the game seems to be taking an age in the building.

Been following this and Elite Dangerous. They are like flip side of a coin, Elite has moved so fast and progressed at an amazing pace ceasing its moment while it’s hot. DayZ seems to me to have faltered, still disappointing with bugs that have never been fixed over new content that just is not needed. And that’s before you even get to the hacks that seem to be out there.

I hope this game moves form being an amazing concept to a polished crafted release, but right now it feels like its moving at the pace of an asthmatic Ant with a slight limp at least from the sidelines watch through Twitch.

never played=don't comment, and definitely not 216 times. you probably tell people a restaurant is horrible having never eaten there...

been waiting for this to drop, was getting tired of grinding for flux in life is feudal...lol...keep up the good work guys

• Like 1

Anybody else getting Interaction issues? I'm currently trapped indoors as I am unable to hit "f" to open doors.

Let me know if there has been a thread posted on this already however I cannot find one.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah bro I feel the "sick" coming on, better go home to be safe!

Seriously , couldn't have been better said lol , but luckily today's my short day anyhow. Getting out at 3 :D see you all in chernarus soon lol ..

Looks like there is a kind of underground place north of the new military base.

I hope it will be improve but it's a nice addition the Dayz world.

never played=don't comment, and definitely not 216 times. you probably tell people a restaurant is horrible having never eaten there...

been waiting for this to drop, was getting tired of grinding for flux in life is feudal...lol...keep up the good work guys

Either an idiot or just an arse only you will know what you are.

So watching twitch game play since the mod never mind the standalone, so yeah I know the game. Although I don’t experience it first hand the Zombies hitting through walls, loosing things you place down disappearing etc are disappointing for the time in development. So I’m not going to follow a game or discuss it because I’m not yet playing – Aye right! Probably know the game more than most when I watch some of the top players.

Edited by sav112

Yep, pumps don't work and sprinting with the revolver (maybe every handgun?) and pressing A and D makes you move sideways so slowly. No prob with the primary gun.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

Either an idiot or just an arse only you will know what you are.

So watching twitch game play since the mod never mind the standalone, so yeah I know the game. Although I don’t experience it first hand the Zombies hitting through walls, loosing things you place down disappearing etc are disappointing for the time in development. So I’m not going to follow a game or discuss it because I’m not yet playing – Aye right! Probably know the game more than most when I watch some of the top players.

please stop by and comment more on something you have only watched, such valid points being made. this thread is for .50 discussion, which you have said you cant play, and hasnt been on twitch yet...so no, you're negative comments are completely invalid. i guess having X amount of hours in watching something is the same as having the same hours in actually experiencing it....strange idea, but whatever...you obviously dont get it, not going to argue with you. 

• Like 2

So the well/pump thing is new. I haven't been in yet to check. Can anyone else confirm/maybe post to the tracker?

You’re the one that through up the arse comment. “You don’t play so don’t comment or post”  

Simply following a game that I have done since day one when it was just a early mod for Arma. I’ve been interested how Dean has taken the game forward from his early release. So I’ll keep on following the game and commenting especially on a thread I’ve every right to comment after reading through the change log. The new log was encouraging to read and I hope it makes the game more playable and enjoyable. 

I see some are experiencing invisiable Zombies and the wells/pumpsnot functioning. Looks like some servers hve had issues with Stream CDN so thay say.

But lots of new guns and clothes to try. :)

Edited by sav112

Any issues with item interaction and zombies are related to data incosistency. Some servers did not update properly. Your client might have some data issues as well. Just validate. Servers are being worked on.

• Like 9

..... :thumbsup: (to the peanut gallery)

thanks eugenharton for the info...you guys have been doing excellent with the communication thing for a while now...just awesome

Edited by thznutz
  • Like 1

Any issues with item interaction and zombies are related to data incosistency. Some servers did not update properly. Your client might have some data issues as well. Just validate. Servers are being worked on.

Cheers mate

Fixed:

-Breaking from restraints is now done through repeated alternated pressing of A and D keys

Do you mean 'alternated pressing of Strafe Left and Strafe Right keys'?

ie, I assume it is not hard-coded to A&D...?

Logged on for a bit to check the new patch, must say I'm enjoying it, coast has become a killing field again though, first 15 minutes, have a fresh spawn with a splitting axe see me, yell some x-box CoD kiddie crap at me, charge me, I calmly pull out my .357 and plug him in the face, walk to a near by house and log off, guess patches fix the game not players :P

• Like 3

Anyone find a server that doesn't say "hey we cant load your character try another one but GL finding one"? Every server I have tried including all the ones that are like DayZ CA 1-2 and plenty of other offical type ones. Is this suppose to happen am I suppose to lose my toon if I am that's fine but just wipe my guy not make me hop around till I give up.

Was there a wipe? This may be the one time I say, "God I hope so," because I like the kit I just gathered... much more than my previous stuff. I'll be slightly disappointed if, the next time I log in, I am back where I was before in Stable... lol.

edit: Oop, just read the above post. Not looking good for my first Longhorn.

Edited by entspeak

Anyone find a server that doesn't say "hey we cant load your character try another one but GL finding one"? Every server I have tried including all the ones that are like DayZ CA 1-2 and plenty of other offical type ones. Is this suppose to happen am I suppose to lose my toon if I am that's fine but just wipe my guy not make me hop around till I give up.

They all say that regardless

panicked me a few times in experimental

Edited by freethink
  • Like 4

Ah, okay.

Logged back into the server I was on and still had my stuff, so...

Just noticed something... Is the ability to "add" things to extra clothing in your pack a new feature or has that been around for a while. Is clothing treated like a container now?

Ah, okay.

Just noticed something... Is the ability to "add" things to extra clothing in your pack a new feature or has that been around for a while. Is clothing treated like a container now?

I was able to take my coat off (with stuff in it) and put it in 4 slots in my backback in exp so I suppose it's the same.

(New content button on forum broken just for me or for everyone?)

Edited by freethink

Ah, okay.

I think it's been that way for a while (or ever). I only really noticed once I kept a spare rain jacket on me and noticed I could keep items in it.

Grrr stuck at work....must play .50, come on end of the day. I missed locking my doors and breaking into other stash houses. I think I feel a sick day tomorrow so I can play. Can't wait to try it out