SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.50 Discussion

Yeah, you need some water as you'll be thirsty, but you probably wouldn't be on the verge of being medically dehydrated with the risk of death, which is what seems to happen here.

Hm, I haven't experienced that myself even after running several kilometers. At most I've just lost my "Hydrated" status, but usually the bright green just turns to dark green.

Edited by solodude23

To be fair, Stable is always easy mode compared to Experimental due to the number of available servers versus number of players.

Based on eugen's tweet about servers getting clogged up after a certain amount of time due to persistence, I would say it's at least available... not sure if it's mandatory, but I know the original goal was to have it be mandatory on 0.50.

If they make it mandatory before they fix loot spawning I'll scream. After a week of playing persistence I just had to give up due to the lack of usefull loot. Hope they made it better with this update.

I was able to take my coat off (with stuff in it) and put it in 4 slots in my backback in exp so I suppose it's the same.

(New content button on forum broken just for me or for everyone?)

Actually that was possible since the beginning. You just had to put the cloth on the floor with the stuff inside, then double click on it and it went directly in your bag. You could do that with bags too, but it's not possible anymore.

Edited by Karakoz

I wouldn't know. But to be honest I think it is ridiculous that I went from nothing to long range sniper with plenty of ammo in one short session.

Bearing in mind I also found a Blaze a CR527 and 2 shotguns all in one town.

The loot respawn always needs a few cycles until it "feels" good. Shortly after an update, when all servers restarted actually at the same time, it's quite normal that loot is everywhere.

Give it a few days and i think ( /hope ) your impression will be different.

• Like 2

I saw that drinking from water pumps is no longer possible - no menu on the screen.

How can I lock the doors can someone help?

I saw that drinking from water pumps is no longer possible - no menu on the screen.

Eugen recommended validating your game files.

You need a lockpick. Put it in your hands, look at a door and use your scrollwheel. You should be able to lock / unlock the door now. But keep the item condition in mind. They degrade quite fast and a ruined lockpick wont work anymore.

• Like 1

You need the lock picking tool. Hold it in your hands and look at a door and scroll wheel to get the option to lock it.

• Like 1

Eugen recommended validating your game files.

That fixes the water pump issue?

the new brass knuckles are insane. as a fresh spawn u only need to find one of them and rush a geared player, punch him to the ground is a win. saw some guys running and punching at the same time. is this working as intended?

That fixes the water pump issue?

It might. However both Hicks and Eugen also said faulty item interaction can happen due to some servers not being updated properly and that they are working on it. Might be hotfix-stuff.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

Here is my issue (Currently checking the files to verify their integrity so i'll edit if it worked)

1 : I seem to be unable to drink/fill water bottles from wells (Works well on pound though)
2 : Some items couldn't be picked up at all even though i had the option to pick it up (Tried that and drag & drop both don't work from time to time)
3 : Just played a few hours, disconnected to go eat, then came back and try to connect to receive the message that says that im' using different files than the server (Im' patched to 1.50 properly)

Apart from that, great patch ! I Love the new content ! I tried it in Exp and was excited to see it hit stable !!! The Tortilla Backpack looks so boss haha !!

Edit : 6:11 PM Eastern 

Well, got done with the verifying of steam cache... All was okay from what it gave me as a result, the problem now is, no matter what the server im' tyring to join, i get the timer to reach it's 0 to leave me after with a never ending please wait message... Weird fact was, i was playing the game like 1 hour ago perfeclty fine except the things mentionned above !

Excuse my grammar ! English ain't my main language (Pardon my french) :D

Edited by docjiggy

Hey guys

Can you clear up a few things for me?

Is persistence enabled on all servers and is it working?

Also is the V3S (Civilian) in the game? I was reading up somewhere that it was in the game but these patch notes do not say so

Hey guys

Can you clear up a few things for me?

Is persistence enabled on all servers and is it working?

Also is the V3S (Civilian) in the game? I was reading up somewhere that it was in the game but these patch notes do not say so

Persistence enabled on most of them, some turned it off... Trying to load in the server where i left my tent to verify persistence, but no luck... Timer goes... 59...58...57... And so on, to end up with a please wait , let it go for 5 minutes but got bored and just quit.... I don't know if somebody else has the same issue right now (Just verified the game cache)

right now its a bit silly that I lose my Hydrated-status after running about four kilometers.

I don't know about you, but in real life I lose my hidrated status after running ~1 km. I think. The last time I run that far without stopping was 20 years ago.

Edited by Rico Heart
  • Like 4

yep wells aren't working for any of the people i'm playing with. celtsclan server.

have done the cache thing

..... :thumbsup: (to the peanut gallery)

thanks eugenharton for the info...you guys have been doing excellent with the communication thing for a while now...just awesome

+1 on dev communication.

Thanks!

Here is my issue (Currently checking the files to verify their integrity so i'll edit if it worked)

1 : I seem to be unable to drink/fill water bottles from wells (Works well on pound though)

2 : Some items couldn't be picked up at all even though i had the option to pick it up (Tried that and drag & drop both don't work from time to time)

3 : Just played a few hours, disconnected to go eat, then came back and try to connect to receive the message that says that im' using different files than the server (Im' patched to 1.50 properly)

Apart from that, great patch ! I Love the new content ! I tried it in Exp and was excited to see it hit stable !!! The Tortilla Backpack looks so boss haha !!

Edit : 6:11 PM Eastern 

Well, got done with the verifying of steam cache... All was okay from what it gave me as a result, the problem now is, no matter what the server im' tyring to join, i get the timer to reach it's 0 to leave me after with a never ending please wait message... Weird fact was, i was playing the game like 1 hour ago perfeclty fine except the things mentionned above !

Excuse my grammar ! English ain't my main language (Pardon my french) :D

Re: concern #2. I intermittently ran into this problem in experimental, three nights ago. So, this issue is not specific to today's release. 

I don't know about you, but in real life I lose my hidrated status after running ~1 km. I think. The last time I run that far without stopping was 20 years ago.

That's a bit exaggerated. I can run one hour without drinking or stopping if I'm not tired (something like 8 kilometers), and I'm not stronger than most people. And even after that I couldn't drink a whole canteen. The water that you drink can't just vanish, you have to transform it into urine or sweat.

Also I like how the inventory is much mor colourful, the game should be like that too.

Edited by Karakoz
  • Like 1

You need the lock picking tool. Hold it in your hands and look at a door and scroll wheel to get the option to lock it.

why would you need to pick a well lock LMAO

Is it just me or can you not drink from those fountain things anymore? I attempted to drink from 4 different ones and it wouldn't even come up as an option at all.

Is it just me or can you not drink from those fountain things anymore? I attempted to drink from 4 different ones and it wouldn't even come up as an option at all.

Yeah i think it's just a bug that will be adressed soon though, nothing to worry since ponds are quite easy to find ;) 

Ok so after playing for a while 

FPS is lower

All items seem to spawn pristine. 

Repeater spawns in military location (don't thinks it should)

One question

How the hell did you guys arrived at the conclusion that new running animation is ok ? You look like a retarded ape with stiff back trying to run. 

And please reduce the thunder / minute during storms, seriously thunder every 5 seconds is too annoying. 

• Like 2

We've got persistence turned on and we have successfully restarted and items are staying so far!!!! We're gonna leave persistence on unless over the next few days we see issues. 

Kudos to the dev team for a big update like this. I've already discovered a few of the new places and the new military base is creepy!!!!! Found several new items as well and having a blast!!! 

NE airfield has a new building? Sorry if this is not new as of 0.50 but its a hanger with the terminal building connected to it. Needs some work as some of the doorways are too narrow for you to go through and there is a door open that prevents you from walking all the way through a hallway. I do like the fireplace it has attached to the building though! Looks like you could throw a party under the awning :)

Ahhh so nice to have an update like this  :beans: