Sign in to follow this  
stielhandgranate

Does anyone dislike the "no military stuff" agrument?

Perhaps people should start looking at DayZ as a survival game rather than worrying about the guns in it. If the guns are the most important thing, what does that say about the rest of the game?

but we have to remember that this is essentially Dean's vision as well as that of his immediate crew.

Than why is he hauling ass from his own creation ? 

Hes not.

L

• Like 1

Isn't he leaving ? 

Yes, eventually, but thats "not hauling ass from his creation". That statement puts a very negative spin on it.

I too, may leave this forum in time, that doesnt mean moderation will stop or differ. When he does go you wont see sweeping changes, in fact as an end user you probably wont see any difference.

Imagine being in space. You throw a brick. It continues forever, bar any collision which is most unlikely. DAYZ has and will have the same impetus that Mr Hall has given to it.

With great respect to Mr Hall, his leaving is, for us, a non issue on the whole. Regardless thats been covered in depth many many many many many times.

Lets get back on topic.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I'd like to see more military weapons for the sake of variety. They should all be incredibly rare though.

This is bang on, I'd draw the line before M107s and the like, but AUGs, G3A3s, M16s etc are fine provided they are really, really rare imo. Though I would like to see wayyyy more variety in civilian weaponry before they add more mil weapons.

Yes, eventually, but thats "not hauling ass from his creation". That statement puts a very negative spin on it.

Perhaps but if the creator moves away from his creation before it's done it "puts a very negative spin" on your expectations. 

I wouldn't want to deal with the whiny crybabies who are trying to turn this game into a cheesy shooter either
  • Like 2

I wouldn't want to deal with the whiny crybabies who are trying to turn this game into a cheesy shooter either

So the game is not going where he wants it to go. Comforting. 

This is bang on, I'd draw the line before M107s and the like, but AUGs, G3A3s, M16s etc are fine provided they are really, really rare imo. Though I would like to see wayyyy more variety in civilian weaponry before they add more mil weapons.

Naw M107 is where im at. Screw the SVD lol.

I think to make those you need to find parts though kind of like with vehicles to keep the rarity hard to maintain. Its like the parts for the sniper got scattered from the briefcase. However they should be findable just very hard to get and weight issues and space should be a thing. So its like "Do i really need  this sniper part or do i want to save space for the survival gear i need?" Choices like that should come back to haunt you latter on involving these types of decisions with items.

Great points here. Personally, I look forward to the day when weapons are low on the list of priorities.

- When medical items like antibiotics and alcohol tincture are worth more than a pair of pristine high caliber firearms.

- Having to search 8-12 hours just to find 5 precious rounds of damaged ammo for a coveted but crappy .22.

- Using tools to fine-tune an inaccurate scope, maybe even finding a pristine piece of glass to replace the cracked piece I used for a month.

- When I can setup Whiskey's World Famous Fish Taco stands along the coast. Not to poison everyone, but just because I'm a Good GuyTM.

• Like 5

Great points here. Personally, I look forward to the day when weapons are low on the list of priorities.

- When medical items like antibiotics and alcohol tincture are worth more than a pair of pristine high caliber firearms.

- Having to search 8-12 hours just to find 5 precious rounds of damaged ammo for a coveted but crappy .22.

- Using tools to fine-tune an inaccurate scope, maybe even finding a pristine piece of glass to replace the cracked piece I used for a month.

- When I can setup Whiskey's World Famous Fish Taco stands along the coast. Not to poison everyone, but just because I'm a Good GuyTM.

We all look forward to the day when we can build our own Tacobell stand. XD

• Like 2

I find the focus is currently far to sided towards guns in general. We have a bunch (OK variety isn't amazing) but they are operational.

The focus should be shifting more towards survival mechanics.

- Medical items as listed above

- Broken weapons that need parts (Like actual bolts/triggers, not just scopes/flashlights) like the vehicles.

- Rare/broken ammo. It's nice finding full boxes everywhere?? Why not a couple rounds here and there.

- Scope tuning, etc

I find there's a pile of resources being pumped into guns, and it seems like everything else is being pushed aside. (Ok everything is getting work, slowly, but it's kinda off balance)

I'd rather see a fully operational medical/health system in place that works, along with other intricate survival items. (The stoves/hunting/heat/fires are great steps forward, now to make them sing)

Sorry to come back to the medical system again, but it's very sorely lacking, and not much seems to be happening with it. Make it something that takes actual talent and commitment to deal with properly.

• Like 1

WarZ had a similar problem with too many Snipers and OP ARs spawning too often . So they decided to remove snipers all together and give us shit instead. In turn over half the community left.

There are planty of servers with no KoS . Go survive there no worries I won't hate you for playing the game how you like , Stop cockblocking on the Rest of the community That does like to have fun.

I agree that weapons can't be everywhere . If I'm going forced to run around with a stupid Sporter trying to survive. Then this game is fucked

• Like 2

People simply dislike military weapons that are not native to the locale's real life nation state.

This is why people love these eastern weapon additions and meet the western obscure weapons with skepticism.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 1

Im pretty fine with how things are right now...high end weapons are rare, common household weapons are ...well, common.

I do not get a overwhelming impression that the development of the game has been dominated by addition of guns. New guns have been added, but so has ALOT of other stuff, including development other aspects of the game that isnt items in the world.

I would like to get a official statement in regards how far out we are in the apocalypse...like 2 weeks? 2 months? Alot depends on the timeline. Need more lore to determine what kind of guns should be added to the game.

Edited by svisketyggeren

Well, I think a lot of these things will be tweaked over time to provide a more authentic experience.

Authentic experience? hmm.. authenticity in DayZ, is about capturing the experience of survival in Zombie apocalypse. What that experience entails is different for everyone. So your statement is a bit vague. Especially since many people use "Authenticity" interchangeably with Realistic and Simulation, usually try to pass their personal preference in regard to gameplay.

As far as I am concerned, none of the things I mentioned are bad. Any semblance of realism in those are meangless (and would ruin the game), what determines if it takes a a weak\day\hour to heal isn't realism but overall gameplay balance i.e. the developers try balance the different aspects of survival with what makes it fun.

I find the focus is currently far to sided towards guns in general. We have a bunch (OK variety isn't amazing) but they are operational.

[..]

The reason it seams that way is because they started with a fully developed firearms mechanics. This is going to change the further we go as they finish with this and start working on other aspects. Already you get more none gun verity.

WarZ had a similar problem with too many Snipers and OP ARs spawning too often . So they decided to remove snipers all together and give us shit instead. In turn over half the community left.

There are planty of servers with no KoS . Go survive there no worries I won't hate you for playing the game how you like , Stop cockblocking on the Rest of the community That does like to have fun.

I agree that weapons can't be everywhere . If I'm going forced to run around with a stupid Sporter trying to survive. Then this game is fucked

Sure warz failed as a game and lost its player base due to the lack of military weapons right and not because of how low quality and rushed it was right?

• Like 2

I did not come to DayZ just to shoot other players but I do desire military gear.

All non-aggressive players do not want to look like Daniel Boon and military gear happens to kill zeds quite well in fact and protect me from damage best.

I'm fascinated with the idea of a balanced loot economy and maybe some of the upcoming news with tomorrows release will shed some light on how they are envisioning it's implementation.

I for one was hoping that in a "global vanilla loot economy" you might see something like flamethrowers... but maybe only 6 of them in the entire hive.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

I did not come to DayZ just to shoot other players but I do desire military gear.

All non-aggressive players do not want to look like Daniel Boon and military gear happens to kill zeds quite well in fact and protect me from damage best.

I'm fascinated with the idea of a balanced loot economy and maybe some of the upcoming news with tomorrows release will shed some light on how they are envisioning it's implementation.

I for one was hoping that in a "global vanilla loot economy" you might see something like flamethrowers... but maybe only 6 of them in the entire hive.

Flamethrowers, grenade launchers, rocket launchers and mines. There are plenty of models to choose from for those.

And with grenade launchers its not as easy as point and shoot. Wind and other things play a huge factor in there effectiveness in combat.

I can't speak for Osaka.. bu when you say Manchester or New Your City have "little military presence" ..  you lost me there. Check out the gun ownership per head of population in the USA against other countries

Manchester in UK, and New York City, despite assumptions that everywhere in the US has personal firearms rights, is very restrictive in the sense that that only the waethy and well connected can own pistols and semiautomatic rifles and pump action shotguns are outlawed.

Chernarus is a fictonal location similar to war torn Iraq or East Ukraine, imagine if dayZ took place in Donetsk or Baghdad, would the anti military crowd still have a leg to stand on?

I know late reply. 20 hour flights suck.

But there is a difference. WarZ took away things that were in the game whereas DayZ hasn't introduced them yet. You take away things like that all of a sudden it changes the game completely. It also shows what a shit game WarZ is if there's nothing to do other than pvp.

The premise of DayZ is surviving a zombie apocalypse. If all you want is PVP then you should find another game to play. The weapons shouldn't matter so much for the actual game. As long as they're effective in taking out zombies, that's what's important.

Personally I want a spear for zeds. I'd be quite happy with the blaze rifle for my primary and a bow to go hunting. If they can make the zeds a constant threat, where you have to run into a house and barricade it because a horde of 50 zeds spotted you wouldn't that be great? There you are with your mates fighting them off. As long as the threat is there it's fine but it needs balancing so it's not happening all the time but enough to keep you on your toes. I highly doubt we'll get this but it would make the game so much better. This way you'd need a melee to conserve ammo. Only pulling your rifle out when you were being overrun.

• Like 1

I will say, now that everyone doesn't have a M4, I can survive shootouts more, especially when unarmed.  Or maybe I'm just getting even better.

I will say, now that everyone doesn't have a M4, I can survive shootouts more, especially when unarmed.  Or maybe I'm just getting even better.

If we want shootouts to die down or get more intense, the devs should add empty magazines to the loot table, or just replace the loaded magazine spawn with an empty one. Helps make ammo scarce.

Edited by Dale Gribble
  • Like 1

I'm okay with military gear, weapons are deadly enough in DayZ that you don't have to be a GI Joe to kill one. If I want to walk around feeling all outdoors and fancy in my hunter pants and wool coat with a Mosin, I'm perfectly capable of downing a GI Joe with an M4. As such, choice and diversity are maintained and made viable and advanced loot economy that considers rarity will keep this so.

• Like 3