Faneto

Mosin & Heli Crash Sites

I've been searching for a Mosin and Helicopters crash sites for days over hours and haven't found any. Went today to NWAF because I heard there's a nearby crash site but there ain't. Where can I find Mosin and the crash sites? :c

By the way, long range scopes, aren't they located in Elektro somewhere, right? I need one too. Thanks!

Mosins can be found in lots of non-military locations, such as police stations, fire stations, schools, restaurants, tech buildings etc. You can even be lucky and find one in the large metal sheds as well as apartment buildings.

Long range scopes also spawn in all these locations plus a few more such as red brick houses and industrial buildings.

• Like 2

I seem to find crash sites up north when i always just walk the train tracks from Sinistok to Severograd to Novodmitrovsk .

Edited by LoveAffair

LRS are common in a two floor buildings with blue doors

Mosins seem to be rare as of recent. 

I've seen one chopper crash site outside of Cherno, but I've seen 4 at or near the NWAF.

I just found 3 mosins in Zelenegorsk as well as an LRS. The most common place I've found the mosin is the piano buildings

long range scopes are pretty common in the multi-door garages.

I haven't been seeing squat in those garages anymore.  Almost not worth looking...  of course I still do out of habit.

Day_Z_21_10_2014_11_07_56_238.jpg

Day_Z_21_10_2014_11_08_04_438.jpg

If you are looking for LRS this is where you want to look

Where is that located?

Those buildings are pretty much in every bigger town, this particular screen was taken in novodmitrovsk. They are usually a part of a entire row of buildings. You will always be able to find them by double blue door and the three windows on top floor. 

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus on this map they are called

houseblock_b

I think the OP doesn't know something about how they work. Now correct me if I am wrong but crash sites are dynamic and there is only 3 per server. That means every time a server restarts they move to any number of spawn spots, not the same place every time. I saw the numbers somewhere but there is like over 100 different options on where they could spawn?

Just going from memory as I can't find the post about it but I seem to recall this is how it works.  

Those buildings are pretty much in every bigger town, this particular screen was taken in novodmitrovsk. They are usually a part of a entire row of buildings. You will always be able to find them by double blue door and the three windows on top floor. 

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus on this map they are called

houseblock_b

Switched so many servers to find the LRS in these buildings yet they never appear to be there... :\ 

If you're stll looking for a LRS have a look here:

oJ9RMVN.jpg

I've found a lot of pristine LRS on top of these towers. Big advantage; these towers can be found in low populaiton areas.

I've been searching for a Mosin and Helicopters crash sites for days over hours and haven't found any. Went today to NWAF because I heard there's a nearby crash site but there ain't. Where can I find Mosin and the crash sites? :c

By the way, long range scopes, aren't they located in Elektro somewhere, right? I need one too. Thanks!

Helo Crash Sites: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDj29XrGCGAtF0P2A8r-vkuZa6OtBuroo

I quite like your musical sensibilities Weyland, but your vids are a little out of date. I think the static spawn in the first doesn't exist, while the southern spawns have been deleted as of 0.49. In addition, of the three spawns per server restart, a random number will be Mi-8 (ie Russian) spawns as opposed to UH60 (NATO) spawns. And as the Mi-8 spawns are quite badly bugged, this makes crash site finding much more difficult than it was in 0.48:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/212915-mookies-guide-to-helicopter-hunting/

To the OP, the likelihood of finding a specific item in DayZ is in directly inverse proportion to how hard you look for it. So do something else and then you'll find whatever it was you were looking for by accident.

Found LRS in garages, the house with an arched roof like a barn and long windows and in restaurants. Last thing I need is a compensator, which spawns in roughly the same places as the scope.

I'm finding more Mosins than ever before in police stations. The last three stations I checked all had a Mosin. Compensators spawn all over the small garages, I've found three in my last trip to Svetlo. Haven't found an LRS yet, but have found a bunch of PU scopes in restaurants/piano houses.

If you play on a populated then yes it obvious you won't find one easily. If you want one very bad go on a small server or kill someone. As for hell crashstites there rare and there only 3 per server. There are extremely hard to find as well as loot(unless a veteran) when in one expect to find m4 attachments, and m4 its self, a SMERSH vest,amphibia s and clip,fnx and attachment, SMG attachments,ammo, and a couple more things. Pm 73 rak is said to spawn here but no one has ever had one except you tubers to me it seems its a forgotten gun.

I was tripping over Mosins last night as usual. What I really wanted was to find some .357 for my sweet, sweet cowboy repeater but had to settle for the Mosin as the 7.62 ammo spawns everywhere. Those little newstand kiosks are great for finding ammo in a small town without military/police structures.

with regard to crash sites, i heard there 2 or 3 Mi-8 crash sites, are they still in 0.50 ? if so where ?

Couldn't find them in 0.49 even using the DAYZ TV Guide.

Just to update this since .50 I've found no 3 mosin sin the new vehicles all around the new cities. Especially North of cherno. They seem to clip through the car seats right now so if you can't get to it by opening the front door try the back door.

That's what she said.....couldn't resist.

you'll learn soon that when you look for something especially one particular item you will never find it but as soon as you quit looking or say fuck it you'll run right into one. at least thats how the game works for me i look for nothing i find all kinds of stuff.

Just to update this since .50 I've found no 3 mosin sin the new vehicles all around the new cities. Especially North of cherno. They seem to clip through the car seats right now so if you can't get to it by opening the front door try the back door.

That's what she said.....couldn't resist.

• Like 1

I've found several Mosins and ammo in and around the apartment buildings in Novo (Novodmitrovsk), a couple were laying on the balconies!

You can also find a .12 gauge shotgun on the top floor of the hotel in the middle of town.

There is also a small military garage just north of there near Simrnovo that I've found Mosins in also!