Sign in to follow this  
HEV

Would you like to see a snow zone and a radiation zone?

Weather is implemented and I imagine they are or can work in seasons eventually, but what about something like a permanent snowy, colder section of the map? Mountain range? Deep forest and canyons? Players would have to find and equip clothing such as parkas, snow boots, mittens, etc before venturing into below-freezing lands to survive the trek. Items like canned foods and drink would potentially freeze (Metal Gear Solid, anyone?), so be handy with making fires (which would be harder out there) or remember to bring a small stove. 

A radiation zone could be done the same way: You'll have to hop all around Chernarus to find the proper radioactive gear before going in to explore, though you can't explore for too long because of radiation buildup. Food on you could become "irradiated" and bad to eat, so you'd have to eat and drink up and drop the rest before heading into dangerous lands.

Don't make a snowy area or irradiated area just for the sake of making it...put rare items out there and items that are exclusive to such areas so players will go there. Make it so you have to collect the right clothing and items so you can step foot into those areas safely; coming at them with anything less is certain death. Have those environments offer a challenge and survival scenario a little different than what it normally takes to get by in Chernarus.

• Like 2

I'd rather have a seasonal based weather type thing, instead of having a 24/7 snow zone.

Radiation has been discussed before. The general consensus was that it'd be fine, but ONLY if it had its own map instead of Chernarus.

I want a bunny zone and a low gravity zone, and they should overlap a little.

C'mon people..if you don't have anything to say on the subject matter please don't post.

I'd love to come across a zone that required specific equipment to enter ie: make use of the gas mask, but i don't think an irradiated zone would work if it was a solitary area on the map, surely if something leaked radiation the whole map would be affected not just a bunker, etc?

A snowy map is probably on the cards in the future, probably once modding tools are provided we will see a whole heap of maps come out.

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind a colder area ( a snow zone if you will ) but I'm not sure that a "radioactive zone" is consistent with the DayZ theme.

I wanna see more stuff with things

Seriously though, I would just prefer to go with something like an under ground network/bunker which I would say is more realistic and plausible(in a developing sense) than any of the blah blah's from above. Weather, snow and season changing is so far away from being considered I would think we can only dream... so keep dreaming until say... 2019 ;)

Maybe a bunker under the ground that has a radiation zone over the surface where you would enter so you need a hazmat suit before you can even think of entering 

Edited by liquidcactus

Weather is implemented and I imagine they are or can work in seasons eventually, but what about something like a permanent snowy, colder section of the map? Mountain range? Deep forest and canyons? Players would have to find and equip clothing such as parkas, snow boots, mittens, etc before venturing into below-freezing lands to survive the trek. Items like canned foods and drink would potentially freeze (Metal Gear Solid, anyone?), so be handy with making fires (which would be harder out there) or remember to bring a small stove. 

A radiation zone could be done the same way: You'll have to hop all around Chernarus to find the proper radioactive gear before going in to explore, though you can't explore for too long because of radiation buildup. Food on you could become "irradiated" and bad to eat, so you'd have to eat and drink up and drop the rest before heading into dangerous lands.

Don't make a snowy area or irradiated area just for the sake of making it...put rare items out there and items that are exclusive to such areas so players will go there. Make it so you have to collect the right clothing and items so you can step foot into those areas safely; coming at them with anything less is certain death. Have those environments offer a challenge and survival scenario a little different than what it normally takes to get by in Chernarus.

Wouldn't Necessarily Need Loot  Incentive to Venture into the High Mountains

Harsher Conditions Means Less Bandits and Easier Survival for Me I Like the Enviromental Challange and Building a Base out there in Solitary Mountains then Venture into the Map if you want to Find Food/Gear/People

Building out there to be Out of Sight and uneasy to Raid due to Mountainous Terrain and Limited Visibility is Good incentive and one of Many Reasons People  Go to the Mountains to Survive in the Past was to Be were others Fear to tread

Issolation is the good For those Seaking a Escape from PVP KoS of the Easy to Survive Coastal Area's

Edited by NokyoOkami

Wouldn't Necessarily Need Loot  Incentive to Venture into the High Mountains

Harsher Conditions Means Less Bandits and Easier Survival for Me I Like the Enviromental Challange and Building a Base out there in Solitary Mountains then Venture into the Map if you want to Find Food/Gear/People

Building out there to be Out of Sight and uneasy to Raid due to Mountainous Terrain and Limited Visibility is Good incentive and one of Many Reasons People  Go to the Mountains to Survive in the Past was to Be were others Fear to tread

Issolation is the good For those Seaking a Escape from PVP KoS of the Easy to Survive Coastal Area's

Well if you don't mind suffering from frostbite even with a fire running because of the bone chilling wind :)

I don't think there should be a zone that is 24/7 snow or something. I do however, really like the idea of seasons that change with real time. Also, I think it would be cool to have storms that roll through. I know that it rains and there is occasionally thunder/lightning, but I mean bigger. There should be super powerful thunderstorms rolling through with high winds that could blow trees over, damage things, etc. There could also be snow storms that roll through, with conditions like you described. I think if a 24/7 snow zone was to be done, it should be in the very north part of the map, take up a decent amount of space, and like you said be very hostile and such.

C'mon people..if you don't have anything to say on the subject matter please don't post.

I'd love to come across a zone that required specific equipment to enter ie: make use of the gas mask, but i don't think an irradiated zone would work if it was a solitary area on the map, surely if something leaked radiation the whole map would be affected not just a bunker, etc?

A snowy map is probably on the cards in the future, probably once modding tools are provided we will see a whole heap of maps come out.

Yeah. A specific area of the map that you needed a gasmask for would be awesome. Perhaps a rather isolated city, boxed in by natural barriers that had some sort of chemical leak or something? It could have some badass loot, but would require a gasmask to even enter the place. And of course it would have to have functional filters as well. That'd make it a rather nasty place to loot, but if you survived, it'd be well worth the trip.

• Like 2

Well if you don't mind suffering from frostbite even with a fire running because of the bone chilling wind :)

lol I Live High up in the Frozen Mountains of the North IRL i am aware of the Risks But i Also Know My area Would Be relatively Safe From other Survivors No one Wants to Survive this Cold xD

and Zombies Should Freeze Same as non Infected Humans 

But Yeah Add all the Risks I want to Be a True Mountain Survivor >:3

Edited by NokyoOkami

Radiation Zone?  No, as mentioned if there was some sort of radiation leak or other cause it'd be all over the relatively small map with only a few tiny safe zones.  Snow Zone...maybe.

With the recent talk about the temperature being set to different values depending on the time/month (which is why there was a shit ton of people on experimental bitching about dying in 40 mins of spawn from hypothermia) I would think actual seasons may be coming, wither it's loading up the 'winter' version of the map or some sort of real time season change (highly unlikely but would be cool).

Well you could have a toxic city, some mining towns where abandoned after a mining accident set the coal vein on fire, you can't really "live" in those towns anymore because everything is polluted by the burning coal underground.

• Like 2

Well you could have a toxic city, some mining towns where abandoned after a mining accident set the coal vein on fire, you can't really "live" in those towns anymore because everything is polluted by the burning coal underground.

Nice Idea ^_^ Might be a Bit More Realitic For only Effecting a Small Portion of the Map

I think making Temp Zones would be a great idea. No Radiation zones though. Temp Zones could be related to proximity to coastline and altitude. The higher you go the more cold weather gear you would need but you could even make the zombies slower in colder areas. I love the size of the current map and there is coastal, forest and farmland but some real mountains with snow would be great.

It would be good for an all time snow zone but cherneas is based upon Russia chezc rep ukraine or what ever its up north and in the winter it snows every were and harddd. A radiation zone is good to but should be dangerous due to high risk of radiation poisoning.

We should have snow anyway, you know since it's (or will be) winter in mainland Europe. 

What most of yall dont realize, is that radiation settles. If say a nuke went off in the desert, the wimd would disperse most of it yes. But, it would settle in the lowest spots (point of impact, watering holes, holes, depressions, between 2 hills, the COAST. So if we did this, it would give more incentive to gwt yhe hell off the coast, and at least if they wanna PVP they gotta fight the mountainmen who knows what to look for and most likely has a sniper. Also needs more skill since its not close quarters :)

So basically, there CAN be contaminated zones that ARE realistic. Ill roll in your beanz now.

I really like dislike the idea of seasons unless they are global per hive. Stable weather effects make gameplay so much more predictable and, in my opinion, fun.

I would love it if all lower areas of the map were warm with a chance of rain and the higher portions of the map were extremely cold, reducing speed and dramatically increasing the rate that calories are burned. A bunch of weapons and ammo could spawn in the coldest locations making it worthwhile to get mountaineering supplies.

Edited by scriptfactory