SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

I wonder when we will see a fix for the Persistence thing duping guns, Novo tower is the best example of this.

Picked up 14 Blaze Double rifles in the same spot and threw them off the top of novo tower.

Just a little exploring , there would be more pics , but i slipped on a ladder going underground and died , BUT imma goin back !! B)

iFqDPUb.jpg

ESLDVme.jpg

3Z2uyyh.jpg

QvGeMKY.jpg

Oh and did i mention my feet hurt ? :P

• Like 1

Wish there was a warning when your shoes were close to going ruined, would be nice to save duct tape by repairing just in time, vice repairing early

Has anyone used the lock pick? I found one, and wire, and garden lime, and have no idea how to use with any of them Lol.

Just a little exploring , there would be more pics , but i slipped on a ladder going underground and died , BUT imma goin back !! B)

That bunker is the only one of the four I haven't seen, and only because I didn't know it even existed until I saw Weyland's video earlier. I need to go check it out when I make my way back up north.

Wish there was a warning when your shoes were close to going ruined, would be nice to save duct tape by repairing just in time, vice repairing early

Don't we get enough status messages as it is? :p

Has anyone used the lock pick? I found one, and wire, and garden lime, and have no idea how to use with any of them Lol.

I found a lockpick earlier and lost it because I picked it up as the server reset and -- wouldn't you know it -- it was gone when I returned, but they seem straightforward enough. The wire you can use in combination with a wooden stick to make a rabbit snare, and soon other things I'm sure. The lime you can use to accelerate the growth of tomatoes so it takes less time until they're able to be harvested. As I understand it, lime isn't necessary but it's a good time-saver and readily available.

• Like 2

Has anyone done any substantial testing with the rabbit snare? I've seen only one rabbit, and shot it - I read they aren't yet persistent, I'm just curious if best tactic would be to place a bunch around where you think they may spawn, or drop one when you see one. Also anyone got ideas of what you can make with the rabbit pelt?

This is entirely untrue. Oftentimes food is so prevalent that foraging isn't a dominant strategy but it's not true that you're burning faster than you're foraging unless you're sprinting in between trees between search attempts. Staying still your calorie burn is very small. The only time when foraging is actually a bad idea is when you are cold and freezing and don't have the capacity to warm yourself. I have stayed  I've kept myself from starvation at times when others were whining about starving to death simply due to a strategic use of foraging. Berries are usually the better choice for reasons given above but if you happen to be in an area where you can't immediately find fresh water, eating an apple or two can be useful for hydration.

I've died more than once foraging when I couldn't find any other food. Just standing there searching and searching and searching.

• Like 2

Has anyone done any substantial testing with the rabbit snare? I've seen only one rabbit, and shot it - I read they aren't yet persistent, I'm just curious if best tactic would be to place a bunch around where you think they may spawn, or drop one when you see one. Also anyone got ideas of what you can make with the rabbit pelt?

From my understanding, seeing rabbits & snaring rabbits are not connected.  i think rabbits simply appear in the snare, you don't actually catch one that is running about.  The odds for that would be incredibly small.

I believe you can set a snare on grassland anywhere, not just where you see rabbits. 

This is my understanding from reading and seeing reports, not 1st hand and hence could be wrong.

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 1

Can anyone comment upon some odd happenings to me in exp earlier.

I suddenly 'lost control' of my player.  He started spinning around in circles and moving erratically without input from myself.  Happened for about 20 seconds before i logged off concerned it was a hacker and something more concerning would happen next.

Anyone experienced this before?

I suddenly 'lost control' of my player.  He started spinning around in circles and moving erratically without input from myself.  Happened for about 20 seconds before i logged off concerned it was a hacker and something more concerning would happen next.

Happened to me yesterday, exactly like you described.

ATM I am experiencing random crashes left and right.

• Like 1

ATM I am experiencing random crashes left and right.

Did you log off?  Or stay?

Don't know about you all, but I would enjoy the Cancel current action option when searching for kindling and picking fruit. Then again, it gets my adrenalin flowing when a zed runs up to me soundlessly and whammy! right in the pristine backpack as I'm looking at the ground.

2hgwdid.png

• Like 2

hi there,

i just starting playing dayz again after a longer break, and by tradition i always go with the most brutally unstable thing i can get hands off.

so after a friend told me how to roll experimental, i chimed in, and i must say - for two days now, i think i never played on any server longer then like 15~20 minutes.

i join a server, play for a few minutes, suddenly (usually when i am out on a field, in the middle of a town, or being chased by a horde of zombies) i get the "no message received from server for ...", no prior warning about restart.

this happens on any experimental server i play on.

when i check in server list right away, the server is already back up, with 0/XX players. of course, joining back in to any server will give me a 70 seconds timer because the game seem to think i am combat logging or server hopping or something...

do they restart so often? or do they crash so often? has it to do with the current build? i am running 0.50.125271.

i read somewhere that grenades stored in tents can corrupt server state, whatever that means, can't find it now though, or anything else about server crashing/restarting issues...

now i know, unstable = can and will crash often. but this is just crazy and really annoying.

if it's a thing now that experimental servers will restart every 20 minutes, then i'm fine with that, just would be nice to know.

hi there,

i just starting playing dayz again after a longer break, and by tradition i always go with the most brutally unstable thing i can get hands off.

so after a friend told me how to roll experimental, i chimed in, and i must say - for two days now, i think i never played on any server longer then like 15~20 minutes.

i join a server, play for a few minutes, suddenly (usually when i am out on a field, in the middle of a town, or being chased by a horde of zombies) i get the "no message received from server for ...", no prior warning about restart.

this happens on any experimental server i play on.

when i check in server list right away, the server is already back up, with 0/XX players. of course, joining back in to any server will give me a 70 seconds timer because the game seem to think i am combat logging or server hopping or something...

do they restart so often? or do they crash so often? has it to do with the current build? i am running 0.50.125271.

i read somewhere that grenades stored in tents can corrupt server state, whatever that means, can't find it now though, or anything else about server crashing/restarting issues...

now i know, unstable = can and will crash often. but this is just crazy and really annoying.

if it's a thing now that experimental servers will restart every 20 minutes, then i'm fine with that, just would be nice to know.

Same for me, very frustrating. But it is Exp. so its hard to complain.

• Like 1

TEST_SUBJECT_83, on 25 Oct 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:TEST_SUBJECT_83, on 25 Oct 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:TEST_SUBJECT_83, on 25 Oct 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

Same for me, very frustrating. But it is Exp. so its hard to complain.

yea, not a complaint, just want to know whats up with that.

edit: i am done here, back to stable until experimental becomes playable again xD

oh, and i play on 1stp hive only, so not sure about the 3rdp servers.

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 1

edit: i am done here, back to stable until experimental becomes playable again xD

LOL! thats exactly where Im at. Downloading Stable as I type this.

I have to say that i am glad that the developers listened to us about wanting the Heat Packs back in. Although i have not found it yet i know it was one of the most wanted items by me and allot of other ppl.

<3 for them listening on that.

• Like 2

From my understanding, seeing rabbits & snaring rabbits are not connected.  i think rabbits simply appear in the snare, you don't actually catch one that is running about.  The odds for that would be incredibly small.

I believe you can set a snare on grassland anywhere, not just where you see rabbits. 

This is my understanding from reading and seeing reports, not 1st hand and hence could be wrong.

I believe that's how it works. It would make sense that it would share functionality with the fish trap.

This happened to me yesterday as well. When I logged in, I was pointing straight up in the air and spinning in a circle. It was so odd.

I have to say that i am glad that the developers listened to us about wanting the Heat Packs back in. Although i have not found it yet i know it was one of the most wanted items by me and allot of other ppl.

<3 for them listening on that.

I found one yesterday, I didn't have a thermometer so I noticed no difference but after popping the heatpack it just said ruined.

The map looks nice and I'm liking the loot. Also enjoying that loot is spawning in tool sheds/industrial sheds now and in those common brown log buildings where nothing was spawning in before. 

I also support the  addition of heat packs. That's all I've noticed so far.

Edited by Borges

I would still prefer to deal with the instability of Experiemental than encounter those-that-cannot-be named-on-the-forums on Stable.

Edited by Shinjuru

Edit: sorry for the small size

Is anyone else's bow white, like the model lacks artwork? 1PP view:

vd3eq1.jpg

A loaded bow shows the arrow sticking straight up:

2ebxpfr.jpg

And the bow is lateral instead of vertical:

2wd6ds3.jpg

Edited by whiskeytango

I found one yesterday, I didn't have a thermometer so I noticed no difference but after popping the heatpack it just said ruined.

Im sure things need to be tweaked but now that its in i imagine we can get the necessary data off to the developers to get it fixed.

You didn't notice your "Cold" status going away at all?

oh, and i play on 1stp hive only, so not sure about the 3rdp servers.

Its happening to me on stable too?

Every 10 to 20 mins "no message received" 

Not fun :(

• Like 1