SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

What?!!!! Loot is back!? Woohoo! 

Fantastic news! I'm going in!

confirmed! found two range finders, 2 lrs, more food/drink than i could carry and lots more in lapatino in 20 mins.

Great. I have to go out for a few hours so I hope servers aren't stripped bare by the time I return.

:(

I have found an MP-133 in pristine condition, it was empty and did not spawn with any shells.  So, what am I supposed to do now, do I win?  I found it in one of the one story cabins like this one, but the other style, the one with the covered entry way and mud room when you go in.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dayz.gamepedia.com/e/ef/OneStoryCabin_2a.jpg

Edited by Barnabus

Okay, so can openers don't work? also how do I make rangefinder tell me the range?

Can openers only work on Beans, though you can use more items to open cans now, i.e. crowbars (which you find everywhere), batons etc. Also axes got a buff as can openers, they always leave >90% of food remaining in the can after opening. Sardines ( the round cans of fish ) are indestructable, no item might open them ( though i should try the new shotgun :) )

As for the range finder: It's bugged, so no range finding until next patch.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

Quote from Dev-Blog:

"Last week was pretty hectic. We brought a bunch of different assets from our backlog to the game like the leather sewing kit so you can finally repair your leather clothes and shoes, RDG2 tube also known as smoke grenade, sardines - this time alive not canned, welding and firefighter helmet to cover your head, brass knuckles and sledgehammer to crunch some bones. All of these things should spawn in game along with long time awaited MP-133 and R92."

Has anyone tried fishing in the ocean yet? Had not much time to play yet and share the fear of whiped-clean-servers later this evening...  ;)

BTW, boxed 5.56mm is spawning, it's invisible, like the sledge hammer.  Once I emptied the box though it showed up in inventory.

Quote from Dev-Blog:

"Last week was pretty hectic. We brought a bunch of different assets from our backlog to the game like the leather sewing kit so you can finally repair your leather clothes and shoes, RDG2 tube also known as smoke grenade, sardines - this time alive not canned, welding and firefighter helmet to cover your head, brass knuckles and sledgehammer to crunch some bones. All of these things should spawn in game along with long time awaited MP-133 and R92."

Has anyone tried fishing in the ocean yet? Had not much time to play yet and share the fear of whiped-clean-servers later this evening...  ;)

I doubt they are in the game yet. A lot of the stuff mentioned there are not in the current exp (leather sewing kit), smoke nade, brass knuckles. The sledgehammer is in, but is invisible. He is just mentioning things which is in the internal build.

Has anyone tried fishing in the ocean yet? 

If I'm close enough to the ocean to fish in it, I'm running the hell away from it.

• Like 1

Great. I have to go out for a few hours so I hope servers aren't stripped bare by the time I return.

:(

Don't feel too bad. It will be another ~4 hours until I can play this evening, and I was in a similar situation yesterday after the patch released. There will still be loot to be had, I promise... it might just be a little tougher to find ;) Luckily, I won't be starting as a fresh spawn this time and I'm a little bit inland so loot should be easier to get to.

If I'm close enough to the ocean to fish in it, I'm running the hell away from it.

OMG I'm dying over here! :p

Edited by Tatanko

Don't feel too bad. It will be another ~4 hours until I can play this evening, and I was in a similar situation yesterday after the patch released. There will still be loot to be had, I promise... it might just be a little tougher to find ;) Luckily, I won't be starting as a fresh spawn this time and I'm a little bit inland so loot should be easier to get to.

*snip*

I'll jump on after lunch probably.

Thankfully I have a character with an axe and a welding mask.

He's quite hungry but I'm logged out near a red berry bush.

you can now catch rainwater if its raining with a bottle,lol so awesome... was it featured before?

Edited by Axezeroone

you can now catch rainwater if its raining with a bottle,lol so awesome... was it featured before?

It's been possible for a while now, at least with canteens. Not sure about water bottles, but probably. That's part of how I was able to journey to Debug Island and back :)

Energy- and foodwise this .50 exp seems like a walk in the park compared to the previous one.

It all seems a little bit to easy now.

Too many foodspawns and too many gunspawns.

All in all I like the previous one better. The lack of food spawns really gave the game another dimension for me.

Once you acquired a gun, ammo, knife and axe you were able to hunt and sustain yourself.

• Like 1

Over 7 months old feature :P

Energy- and foodwise this .50 exp seems like a walk in the park compared to the previous one.

It all seems a little bit to easy now.

Too many foodspawns and too many gunspawns.

All in all I like the previous one better. The lack of food spawns really gave the game another dimension for me.

Once you acquired a gun, ammo, knife and axe you were able to hunt and sustain yourself.

I would like to see the game somewhere in the middle of the two 0.50 builds in terms of difficulty. The last one made it hard to enjoy other aspects of the game, but the current one is almost too easy.

Checked out several servers; balance of loot seems off.  Some had nearly none - can't eat a flashlight - others had too much.

And I think we can safely conclude that when most of the servers are down, it is done on purpose.  They aren't crashed, they aren't stuck, they are just taken out of the lineup.  Which is, since they are official Exp servers, fine, if they need to do that to force people onto the high-pop servers - but they really ought to tell us so.

Z

• Like 1

Welp... I didn't have trouble with crashes until now - twice in a row I got CTD'd. No fun :(

I thought it may help if I verify my game files (which I did) but this time it's not working. Grr.

And of course my home server is one of the ones being unavailable. I guess it's just one of those days for me. Oh well.

Anyone with a tip on how to not CTD? I don't think there's a fix that we players can apply :-/

Edit: Oh, and now all the available servers are full. Time for the "I click as soon as a space is open on any server" game.

Edited by Demonica

I just pumped up my filters to check.  Leaving out Singapore and AUS/NZ, there are SIX servers on line and 20 that they have taken off line.  As Hicks said, providing an enjoyable game play experience is not a priority.  Right now, it is obvious that they want full servers for load purposes; if you want to have fun, or a challenge other than the challenge of getting into a server at all, better to go back to stable for a while.  I don't have time for the download, though, so I just don't get to play.

Z

Still cant interact with objects with the latelest patch ladders, doors etc, any ideas what the issue is?

Last version of the exp the invtet system sometimes wouldent load up when hitting tab.