SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Noooo, random "You are dead" while prone at the top of the Zub castle. :(

Edited by solodude23

I have played a few hours with account no. 1 -> no CTD at all

Now I am trying to play with account no. 2 -> over 5 CTD in 20 minutes

Both account played on the same PC system (so the same installation). How is that possible?

I don't know but it is insane i am ctd all the time and it got me killed earlier but before this patch i never had any issues with it. I don't understand what is causing it, thinking it may be a particular item or something, do you have sporter ammo on you by any chance

No way!!! bring on the chocolate cup cakes...blue berry pies too please!!!  Right off the bus at the corner party store after school back in the day before I had to pay taxes... Oh and btw, my uncle drove a Hostess truck for years... dayz-old... the best!

Don't even get me started on those cupcakes ...

As long as were talking hostess cupcakes, I can eat like 8 of the orange ones in one sitting .. Let us all rejoice with orange (or chocolate) hostess cupcakes and twinkies tonight while we all play the new experimental ! But I'm going on after work ends at 9 tonight so somebody post awesome screenies of new stuff when they find it please ?

Edited by Super_Duty

I don't know but it is insane i am ctd all the time and it got me killed earlier but before this patch i never had any issues with it. I don't understand what is causing it, thinking it may be a particular item or something, do you have sporter ammo on you by any chance

No I don't have sporter ammo on me. But I tried some different things and then I could play a while till the server did restart:

1. I did "Verify integrity Game Cache Files" in steam

2. I dropped my welding mask + farming hoe (ingame^^)

3. I avoided DE exp servers (had the feeling the most crashes happens there for me)

I am not sure yet if something did help, I'll keep testing with the 2. account...

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

Dude, live a little, none that dry ass survival crapola for me , not as long as there is a functioning Hostess Bakery.  .

Alright I'll try to widen my desired menu ;) .  In game I have a penchant for canned Peaches and Spaghetti. I pretty much subsist on hog & Deer steaks, peaches and Spaghetti. It would be nice to be able to use the pot to make some Steak, Bacon, Spud, and Bell Pepper stew.

[EDIT]

Chernarus Stew:  2 steaks + 1 can Tac Bacon +, 4 Spuds + one chopped Bell Pepper + 1 bag of Powdered Milk + 1 Liter of Water, 2 servings of rice  equals about 850 Calories per serving YUM YUM!  A and chased down with a good Czech Pilsener Beer and a shot of Vodka puts the meal at at about  1200-1300 calories.  YUM YUM YUM. :thumbsup:  And OK a couple of Twinkies before bed. Total, +1500 calories.

That should be good for  5 servings and if I had some containers I could pack some of it around. Who knows it might put me in a position to become an Associate Chef Bruno Of The Chernarus Culinary Society.

Have some Beans Mr B  :beans:

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 2

It's just basic math... Sept, +5% calorie burn, Oct, another +5%, etc. etc.

The difference isn't the season per se (it looks like they nerfed the rate of loss a bit with this patch independent of weather) the difference is that just being cold requires your body to burn through more resources. The colder it is, the more likely that you're spending more time in a state where you're burning more calories. If you're burning more calories it'll take more to create the surplus necessary to get the energized states.

• Like 1

About a week ago I was at the local Walgreen's (generic store with a pharmacy) and spotted some ice cream called "Michigan Deer Tracks".  Vanilla ice cream with chunks of peanut butter covered in chocolate, and other chunks of dark fudge chocolate.  So many times in life you are disappointed with packaging, but this stuff is da Bomb! Sorry, a bit off-topic, but if I could I'd send everyone here on the forums some to try!!!

Alright I'll try to widen my desired menu ;) .  In game I have a penchant for canned Peaches and Spaghetti. I pretty much subsist on hog & Deer steaks, peaches and Spaghetti. It would be nice to be abler to use the pot to make some Steak, Bacon, Spud, and Bell Pepper stew.    

Wouldn't it just make sense to have seasons just impact temperature and then let temperature impact the burn rate? If your all bundled up in the winter then you're not burning excess calories, just like if your swimming in cold water in the summer, you will still get cold and burn more calories.

2Yvqz4H.jpg?1

My head is invincible.

• Like 4

Seriously??? WTF is that! 5 minutes later... still laughing my ass off... I'm still going to keep editing this as I think of things.  Any chance the welding hood's glass cuts down on the glare from the sun when heading west? 

2Yvqz4H.jpg?1

My head is invincible.

Edited by Super_Duty

About a week ago I was at the local Walgreen's (generic store with a pharmacy) and spotted some ice cream called "Michigan Deer Tracks". Vanilla ice cream with chunks of peanut butter covered in chocolate, and other chunks of dark fudge chocolate. So many times in life you are disappointed with packaging, but this stuff is da Bomb! Sorry, a bit off-topic, but if I could I'd send everyone here on the forums some to try!!!

This sounds very appealing to me, I may need to stop by my local Walgreen store and look for it. Thanks for the heads up Edited by Tobias Winfro

You're welcome! Wheres' Boneboys btw, haven't heard from him in a while (luv ya man, always doing a great job) He needs to clean this shit up!

This sounds very appealing to me, I may need to stop by my local Walgreen store and look for it. Thanks for the heads up
up

Edited by Super_Duty

After an abundance of food/loot in the first few hours, I'm back to eating berries and apples. There's no loot respawning any more it seems. I've no knife so although I can kill animals I can't butcher them. 

Edited by freethink

Been on 2-3 first person servers in the last 2 hours and they all still had tons of loot, including food.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Been on 2-3 first person servers in the last 2 hours and they all still had tons of loot, including food.

give it time:D

Although maybe it's just me...I just joined DayZ US Southcentral 0-1 (Experimental/Unstable) and checked out Lapatino a bit and saw absolutely nothing. I haven't seen anything since Zelenogorsk and I went north from there and got nothing. When I first started the new .5 there was like an over-abundance of stuff but now there's nothing. 

Someone did mention lack of loot up north earlier in the thread but this is crazy extreme. We were swimming in loot at the start.

Edited by freethink

Seems like loot respawn is still completely broken. Looted the whole of Novo and only found chem-lights and useless items like wrenches. This is pretty much the only issue that's holding experimental branch back at the moment.

Temperature is still kind of wonky. Has anybody else noticed that temperature doesn't actually change dynamically? There are like 4 preset temperatures that a character can have depending on whether the player is dry, warm, cold etc. Also, temperature change seems to happen instantly; I was cold and damp earlier while looting Svetlo so I decided to light up a fire in a small house. Within seconds I went from cold to hot. I'm not sure whether the temp system is just limited in this respect or whether it's buggy but I sure hope it's the latter because it's kind of lame at the moment.

• Like 1

Just jumped on one of my favorite servers and was dead in 10 minutes... Starved to death, nothing and I mean NOTHING loot-wise, not even crap.  Time for ice cream!  Good night all!

After an abundance of food/loot in the first few hours, I'm back to eating berries and apples. There's no loot respawning any more it seems. I've no knife so although I can kill animals I can't butcher them. 

ya i noticed the same thing. Now i cant find anything. Yes back to berries and apples lol :(

give it time:D

Although maybe it's just me...I just joined DayZ US Southcentral 0-1 (Experimental/Unstable) and checked out Lapatino a bit and saw absolutely nothing. I haven't seen anything since Zelenogorsk and I went north from there and got nothing. When I first started the new .5 there was like an over-abundance of stuff but now there's nothing. 

Someone did mention lack of loot up north earlier in the thread but this is crazy extreme. We were swimming in loot at the start.

Well I guess it's not just you afterall based on all these comments lol. I must have logged off just in time. Mind you I was traveling my way NW through the map from Tulga, so I was mostly hitting smaller towns.

Well I guess it's not just you afterall based on all these comments lol. I must have logged off just in time. Mind you I was traveling my way NW through the map from Tulga, so I was mostly hitting smaller towns.

It's weird. I'm not even seeing much crap loot. from zelen northwards I've seen a couple of pistol flashlights, a couple of gaslight things and a couple of chemlights. Nothing else. Except when I was on uk-01 and went into the "foodhouse" and saw two potatoes and a can of beans, picked them up and the server restarted and when I got back they were gone. Not in my inventory and not in the room so it could be that loot is actually despawning. There was zilch in lapatino and that's normally pretty quiet.

Edited by freethink

Quote obvious something's up when there are no hammers, lamps, chem-lights, or anything else for that matter.  No worries... tomorrow is another DayZ.

YARRRR! Let me jump into this patch, now that the early starters got the best and most loot (at least it felt like that every time last patch :P)

I'm really sorry to get to this so late, but please confirm / deny:

So I read temperature is more forgiving, and stomach etc. has been adjusted, correct?

(Also there are a ton of servers right now that are stuck again, but all the others fill up nicely so I think this may have been on purpose.)

I hate to keep asking stuff about every patch, but Wednesdays are my work (no, really, WORK! days), I'll try to keep up as best as I can.

Persistence going okay, working and all?

Thanks guys, see you in game!