SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Well Persistance for items NOT touched by a player seems to be working .. I saw an mpfive in the elektro police station but already had an mp133 so decided to keep the shotgun , after a reset me and a partner jumped back onto the same server (us northeast 0-8 first person) I ran over to see if the mp5 was still there for my friend and low and behold there she was still in the same spot .. Although I HAVE NOT checked to see if items picked up by a player then dropped are staying after restart , that could be a whole different issue ..

On a sidenote: Zombie trapping seems to be working fine. I did not try it out by myself yet, but i was about to loot one of the appartement houses ( blue door ) in Elektro, went to the top floor and found 5 Zombies staring at me. I swear, i never ran a stairway down that quick in any video game ever. :)

unfortunately only 3 working servers out of 20 with less than 300 ping here (uk) and they are 1st/3rd was really looking forward to some testing :)

• Like 1

unfortunately only 3 working servers out of 20 with less than 300 ping here (uk) and they are 1st/3rd was really looking forward to some testing :)

Yeah the started going last night (getting stuck at restarts.) If you haven't played since the update you'll probably be in a harsh, barren wasteland if you do get in unless the fix the loot respawning. It was a loot feast when the update first arrived but now it seems like nothing is spawning.

i wonder why people keep playing UK01 which is full the whole morning when theres no items on it?!

stop wasting your time there it has no point... wait for a server reboot.

Edited by Axezeroone

i wonder why people keep playing UK01 which is full the whole morning when theres no items on it?!

stop wasting your time there it has no point... wait for a server reboot.

I've been on that for a reboot and there was nothing there after the restart.

We can stitch ourselves up with the sewing kit now! (not my vid, soz if posted already)

Edited by freethink
  • Like 3

On a sidenote: Zombie trapping seems to be working fine. I did not try it out by myself yet, but i was about to loot one of the appartement houses ( blue door ) in Elektro, went to the top floor and found 5 Zombies staring at me. I swear, i never ran a stairway down that quick in any video game ever. :)

the funny thing is, when Zed's somehow "see" you through the wall.

Then you open the door, and there are 3 Zeds already aggro'ed waiting for you xDD

but Zed-trapping is a really cool feature to get rid of a group of them.

To everyone saying loot is bugged because "nothing spawns": have you tried moving away from spawnzones and nearby towns? In the previous iteration of 0.50, for example, there was no loot (as in ZERO items) in Solnichniy and surrounding areas for ages, but I was able to find something in Dolina and something more around Shakhovka.

I don't know if it's the same with this iteration of 0.50, at the moment I was able to play a little just yesterday evening and got stuck in spawning areas: but maybe loot is respawning as intended, only not in the same area where you picked up but somewhere else. AFAIK if you loot an item it should reappear somewhere in a 2 or more km radius - most spawn areas probably respawn their loot a little inland. Did someone tried a trip in some of the nearest inland towns? I don't know if I'm correct in this, I'm asking because at this point I'm curious - may I have misinterpreted loot respawn feature?

Edited by DocWolf

Experimental at this stage is unplayable.

Then how is it that so many people are playing it? I had no trouble at all last night. Difficult =/= unplayable.

It MOSTLY works. There are still a few buildings they seem to be able to glitch their way out of, but for the most part I was pretty successful with it. Had to do it a lot before I found a suitable weapon.

To everyone saying loot is bugged because "nothing spawns": have you tried moving away from spawnzones and nearby towns? In the previous iteration of 0.50, for example, there was no loot (as in ZERO items) in Solnichniy and surrounding areas for ages, but I was able to find something in Dolina and something more around Shakhovka.

I don't know if it's the same with this iteration of 0.50, at the moment I was able to play a little just yesterday evening and got stuck in spawning areas: but maybe loot is respawning as intended, only not in the same area where you picked up but somewhere else. AFAIK if you loot an item it should reappear somewhere in a 2 or more km radius - most spawn areas probably respawn their loot a little inland. Did someone tried a trip in some of the nearest inland towns? I don't know if I'm correct in this, I'm asking because at this point I'm curious - may I have misinterpreted loot respawn feature?

Yes we have. I travelled from pavlovo all the way to lapatino.

Yes we have. I travelled from pavlovo all the way to lapatino.

Let's leave out of the equation the southern Airstrip and military bases and the northern ones - not exactly unfrequented areas, so for all intents and purposes quite similar to spawn areas...there wasn't any loot in all the towns between Pavlovo and Lopatino, expecially in the biggest ones like Zeleno or Vybor? If yes, there's effectively a bug.

My first character with the new build I killed by running off a building when I started seeing people complain about no loot and I wanted a more challenging experience. There was more than enough loot, unless things have changed dramatically over the last several hours, I'm sure it's survivable. Especially because it's so much warmer now.

Then how is it that so many people are playing it? I had no trouble at all last night. Difficult =/= unplayable.

When I say unplayable, I mean unplayable kiddo... I love games that are difficult, but this is beond difficult... Trust me... I've been playing this game for 500+ hours, and been playing the mod for over 3k hours. I know how to play... But without proper loot spawn, you can't cut down trees and make fires because there are no axes nor matchboxs spawning so you can't keep warm. There is no clothes to find so you'll most likley die from hyperthermia before you starve... 

Since I'm a nice guy I'll type it again and hopefully this time you'll READ it... ;) I clearly wrote that I myself had NO problems the first few hours (right after the update rolled out)! After a server crash/restart my character was wiped and I was forced to start fresh, but guess what... NO LOOT FOUND AT ALL... I tried all the other servers with same results... (I'm writing with big letters here so that hopefully you can read it this time.) And as I said, try to survive as a fresh spawn on exp now, then you'll know what I'm talking about and come back to me later with your own magical results on how you managed to survive! 

• Like 2

When I say unplayable, I mean unplayable kiddo... I love games that are difficult, but this is beond difficult... Trust me... I've been playing this game for 500+ hours, and been playing the mod for over 3k hours. I know how to play... But without proper loot spawn, you can't cut down trees and make fires because there are no axes nor matchboxs spawning so you can't keep warm. There is no clothes to find so you'll most likley die from hyperthermia before you starve... 

Since I'm a nice guy I'll type it again and hopefully this time you'll READ it... ;) I clearly wrote that I myself had NO problems the first few hours (right after the update rolled out)! After a server crash/restart my character was wiped and I was forced to start fresh, but guess what... NO LOOT FOUND AT ALL... I tried all the other servers with same results... (I'm writing with big letters here so that hopefully you can read it this time.) And as I said, try to survive as a fresh spawn on exp now, then you'll know what I'm talking about and come back to me later with your own magical results on how you managed to survive! 

First of all... do NOT call me kiddo. By doing so, you've already told me you're insecure and feel the need to resort to personal insults. Congrats on that.

Second, I can read and comprehend just fine. You don't seem to understand what the word unplayable means, though. I didn't even get a chance to start playing 0.50.125144 yesterday until many hours after the patch was released and I had no problem whatsoever finding the necessary tools and supplies. Nice try, though. Sorry about your luck, but not everybody is having a bad time just because you are. You as one person do not represent the collective experience of the community. Perhaps you should go back to lurking instead of whining and insulting me.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Server are all of for now?

Uhm... not really, they are all still there. Just two or three are actually being played on if that's what you mean.

The one thing we can safely assume with almost every experimental patch is that some people will declare it unplayable. Yet by some miracle of the DayZ gods, some people will play it just fine.

• Like 1

Has anyone found a Rossi yet? Also Deer stands are excellent for finding pistol and low tier mags, they're full of Sporter, CR527 and pistol mags.

• Like 1

Has anyone found a Rossi yet? Also Deer stands are excellent for finding pistol and low tier mags, they're full of Sporter, CR527 and pistol mags.

Wow. Just spawned in the Berezino Area and checked a couple deerstands out, they were bone-dry, just like every single house when I began heading inland. Not complaining, just noting this. Has anyone had luck with Barns or the huge Metal Sheds yet?

Can opening bug needs fixing!

First of all... do NOT call me kiddo. By doing so, you've already told me you're insecure and feel the need to resort to personal insults. Congrats on that.

Second, I can read and comprehend just fine. You don't seem to understand what the word unplayable means, though. I didn't even get a chance to start playing 0.50.125144 yesterday until many hours after the patch was released and I had no problem whatsoever finding the necessary tools and supplies. Nice try, though. Sorry about your luck, but not everybody is having a bad time just because you are. You as one person do not represent the collective experience of the community. Perhaps you should go back to lurking instead of whining and insulting me.

if you had read few previous posts then you would have known he isnt a single person facing that problem.

For me it felt like you just read the title of my post then jumped to conclusions (like most kids do). I'm here to write about My, my friends and several others view on latest exp update. Maybe you were lucky to find a working loot server, but please... Try as a fresh spawn again and prove me wrong. And for the record, im not whining. I'm just doing what I am supposed to do since this game is still in it's alpha stage. But I don't know if you know how an alpha stage works... Yet again, as I staded on my first post, I might be wrong. But since you never tried to play the exp as a fresh spawn at this stage the servers are in right now your argument is invalid. 

For me it felt like you just read the title of my post then jumped to conclusions (like most kids do). I'm here to write about My, my friends and several others view on latest exp update. Maybe you were lucky to find a working loot server, but please... Try as a fresh spawn again and prove me wrong. And for the record, im not whining. I'm just doing what I am supposed to do since this game is still in it's alpha stage. But I don't know if you know how an alpha stage works... Yet again, as I staded on my first post, I might be wrong. But since you never tried to play the exp as a fresh spawn at this stage the servers are in right now your argument is invalid. 

I share your experience. I also faced a lot of hate when bringin this up. 

So, how if we try to map where it is "easy" to play and where it is "almost inpossible". I mean wich servers, if it might be a issue on servers?

Those I have tried wich made me die of starvation within 10 minutes are Swedish, Brittish and German servers. Can someone who has a easy time starting as freshspawn tell on what servers he/she has played?

• Like 1

Let's leave out of the equation the southern Airstrip and military bases and the northern ones - not exactly unfrequented areas, so for all intents and purposes quite similar to spawn areas...there wasn't any loot in all the towns between Pavlovo and Lopatino, expecially in the biggest ones like Zeleno or Vybor? If yes, there's effectively a bug.

Nothing in Zelen. Nothing in the two towns to the ne of green mountain on the way to veresnik, nothing in veresnik, nothing between zelen and lapatino. 

I'm guessing there's a shed somewhere on the map full to the brim with loot because there sure as hell isn't any anywhere else. I think it's actually despawning or not spawning at all. I joined uk01 and picked up two potatoes and a tin of beans in the foodhouse and then server restarted and they were neither in my inv nor in the room.

Edited by freethink

Funniest thing ever just happened. I'm running through Berezino, no Zeds whatsoever, also no loot. No problem. Finally I hear the familiar Zombie Sounds, turn to where they are, and there's a good half dozen of them chasing a cow through the streets :D

Then, Session lost. I don't know if this was related though, but it sure made my morning that much funnier!

• Like 1