SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

KoS'd 2x.... :(

First guy snuck up on me pretty well but I kinda knew someone was out there.... 2nd guy had nothing but a loaded gun so yeah, he was probably your typical KoS player.

I hope you enjoyed my.... can opener?

Shooting a guy who can't shoot back isn't much of a challenge but hey, some people like easy mode.

I often blame myself if I get caught by someone.

I wasn't quiet enough. stealthy enough, and likely got complacent and lingered too long near the coast.... oh well.

You're still murdering jerk wagons. :P

My packages came in the mail which helped abate my rage.

Hopping back in soon! Please don't freaking kill me! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

0.50=

giphy.gif

Also: Finally my dear sledgehammer and the Rossi are getting ingame. Now the only question on my mind is: Is it any good?

Edit: Just got the information I needed from the video above

The Rossi is in since last week. For information about it, check out another wobo :)

Totally agree with you on the blown mind thing! Wasn´t expecting an update like this right now... 

Also, check the video above. Looks like at this point of time, any melee weapon can open locked doors. Pretty sure this will be changed in time, though.

Also: Finally my dear sledgehammer and the Rossi are getting ingame. Now the only question on my mind is: Is it any good?

Also I heared rumors about sledgehammers that can force doors open. Can anyone confirm that?

Edit: Just got the information I needed from the video above

Ok, you edited yours, before I posted mine....  ;)

Edited by Haviland

Aw, man! Finally back to playing and I got a CTD. Well, poop, but I am LOVING the "Fix my spray paint with Duct tape" post.

Hey! Can you mend broken limbs with it? That's what I REALLY want to see!

• Like 1

Aw, man! Finally back to playing and I got a CTD. Well, poop, but I am LOVING the "Fix my spray paint with Duct tape" post.

LOL to be honest you should not be able to fix ANYTHING on your body broken so easily. It should take months to heal something broken and even than you shouldn't be able to move 100% normally anymore because health care is pretty much back to the Stone Age.

LOL to be honest you should not be able to fix ANYTHING on your body broken so easily. It should take months to heal something broken and even than you shouldn't be able to move 100% normally anymore because health care is pretty much back to the Stone Age.

Dat sarcasm, tho.

• Like 1

Yeah its happened to me on at least 2 servers than i finally got to one without rain and everything is fine.

Hmmm. Perhaps the effects of rain have been jacked up?

0.50=

You and I are going to be very busy cataloging for the wiki for a while :)

• Like 1

So weather seems to me about the same as it was in the last build. Where does Eugen say it's August? I seem to be able to stay warm pretty easily with just a raincoat and some running/wool coat with some running now and again. Not t-shirt weather though.

The Rossi is in since last week. For information about it, check out another wobo :)

I actually ment the Hammer

You and I are going to be very busy cataloging for the wiki for a while :)

Eeyup

Thanks, I wonder if something got a bit mixed up there. I doubt summer should be like this.

Yeah really depends on what time on the August because it can be pretty hot in early August but bit cold in night and morning in the late August.

Here's some charts from this year:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/cz/prague/125594/august-weather/125594

13° in night is managable IRL with a t-shirt when there's not much wind and especially if you do something.

Edited by St. Jimmy

3rd person server... wow... I think I saw three folks almost in a row with nothing but guns and shooting at each other. Really? Shouldn't you be concerned about, oh, I don't know... surviving maybe? It was pretty hilarious, and what the heck, goofing around can be fun every once in a while. I just guess I take this game a bit too serious and keep shaking my head , indulgently smiling at those folks with no pants and stuff. :D

Other than that, experience is quite smooth, met a couple of friendlies which was awesome (and very rare), and I am extremely happy with this build!

Does anyone have more pictures from the underground military base? I'd love to see what it's like and what spawns there, but I just don't have enough time to play. :(

And thank you all so much for the pics and videos so far, it's really appreciated! :thumbsup:  :)

Edited by Demonica

So as my dude climbs ladders down into a creepy bunker-like thing (I can't wait for light to be an issue here) strewn with trash I'm definitely getting that old STALKER rush. I can't wait to see what happens with this compound in future patches.

Don't get to excited about the new military base, folks. Its a WIP and made it into the patch by accident.

Don't get to excited about the new military base, folks. Its a WIP and made it into the patch by accident.

It's pretty clear wandering around it that it's not nearly finished. I just figured like Severograd we're seeing it come in under construction.

I'm fairly certain the hive spit out a character that was killed earlier.

The retractable baton was quite helpful when I had nothing else.

LMB spamming switched to Not-a-Cola from the hotbar (I try to remeber to just hold the button).

I ran from a guy trying to declare friendly.... still jittery after 2 KoS encounters I guess.

I found what seemed to be an untouched town and was about to loot a building with possible weapons and DC'd from server....

It looks like the experimental servers are far more stable than the were, which is great.

Yeah really depends on what time on the August because it can be pretty hot in early August but bit cold in night and morning in the late August.

Here's some charts from this year:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/cz/prague/125594/august-weather/125594

13° in night is managable IRL with a t-shirt when there's not much wind and especially if you do something.

That's actually a really good point. The servers are starting at 8 in the morning, by noon it might actually be quite warm, though unfortunately with server resets we're not really going to see that. :(

I ran from a guy trying to declare friendly.... still jittery after 2 KoS encounters I guess.

I had it the other way around, met many friendlies, had some chats, traded items, even set up a fire in the middle of a road to attract players. Nice stuff! Then i packed my stuff together, went to Cherno and got axe'd on sight. Jeez.

I really like this build so far, but i will wait how it will be after some days. My main concern is the server stability and the loot respawn, those also haven't been a problem at the first night on earlier builds, but later on.

• Like 2

What's a WIP? Can you flog someone with it? :P

Never mind: Work in Progress... duh... I can be a bit dense at times, sorry folks... :rolleyes:

Edited by Demonica

The valley north of Svetlo is quickly becoming my new favorite part of the map. I'm in love with the fishing village and the new hay fields and other additions with this patch* just make it that much nicer. On a sunny day it's a beautiful area to move through. Now we just need sea fishing and for portable stoves to work and I'm ready to settle down.

The truck anyone?

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

about horticulture: how exactly does it work? i did dig the slots and fertilzed... and now what? do i need seed? where to get them? what kind of seed?

What's a WIP? Can you flog someone with it? :P

Never mind: Work in Progress... duh... I can be a bit dense at times, sorry folks... :rolleyes:

You are forgiven.

• Like 1

had an awesome playthrough in just one hour tonight and had no pvp at all which was actually really nice +) i found my new home at severograd after finding a lockpick i made it my own and locked it =) growing some crops out back, cant wait to see them puppies grow (dunno how they grow or if i need seeds or what but its all plotted =]) two things i  noticed is persistance is working for backpacks over restart and that locks DO NOT stay locked after restart , or at least mine didnt ... cant wait til thats fixed but overall best damn patch ever ... nice work as always devs : someone watch my boring vid of growing lockpicking and throwing =) :

• Like 1

had an awesome playthrough in just one hour tonight and had no pvp at all which was actually really nice +) i found my new home at severograd after finding a lockpick i made it my own and locked it =) growing some crops out back, cant wait to see them puppies grow (dunno how they grow or if i need seeds or what but its all plotted =]) two things i  noticed is persistance is working for backpacks over restart and that locks DO NOT stay locked after restart , or at least mine didnt ... cant wait til thats fixed but overall best damn patch ever ... nice work as always devs : someone watch my boring vid of growing lockpicking and throwing =) :

Private video is private

Side note: were zombies AI changed at all or is that still not implemented yet?

ref:

SMoss, on 13 Oct 2014 - 6:00 PM, said:

This week we'll talk about infected AI, and our plans for the next few months regarding these systems. Looking forward towards our October stable branch update (0.50) and on-wards to the November update we plan on slowly implementing the next iteration of A.I. for the infected into our experimental and later stable branches. The intent with this iteration is focused on several key points for gameplay:

• Stealth as a viable method of tactics vs infected A.I.
  • Vastly reduced range-of-vision
  • Smaller corner to corner cone of vision
  • Infected hearing ability refactored to compliment stealth as viable gameplay method
Edited by Maia