SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

How are the server crashes guys? Any experience with them? For some unknown reason they seem to be really rare on experimental enviroment. But on live stable it was a crash fest.

Played 4+ hours last night with no crashes, whatsoever!

Good work!!!

Seen the Drybag in red, orange and light blue, due to its structure you can't put wide items in it, but it takes up 5x5 in another bag - in case you want to nest bags.  I tested the brass knuckles on a few zombies, I found it similar to most melee hand weapons - multi hits to body, maybe 10-15 for a kill, 1 shot for the head, only takes up one slot though. Tested the Leather Repair Kit, brought a Damaged Press Vest to Worn (Duct Tape will get most things to Damaged) the Leather Repair kit also takes two slots.

A note about persistence, with the current system in place the best way to get loot to spawn is to remove bad loot and trash it away from spawns and/or store it in things (read this from another post somewhere)... I try to grab all loot I see and I'll leave it in pants/coats/backpacks I see that I dont need. Some locations you'll see items immediately spawn after you grab something.

Dry bag come in green and black too.  Leather kit is fantastic, repaired a hunters ruck up to worn with it, f%$k yeah!  Beans for trying out the brass knuckles since that took some brass balls..

It honestly tastes better than beer  

[super forum double take]  What?  Are you crazy?  Nothing tastes better than beer.  Minus beans for you...

Edited by Barnabus

More Xmas loot just now on 50.97.34.99 (US NE 0-8) in two places:

2mhzjhd.jpg

The buildings at the airfield don't have this issue.

Here's how bad it is inside Bashnya:

2h6u5b4.jpg

• Like 1

Keep it to yourself! :P Some of us haven't had a chance to play this build yet and I'd like some loot to be leftover for me when I do finally get a chance. I don't terribly need it though since the characters weren't wiped this go-around.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

2mhzjhd.jpg

The buildings at the airfield don't have this issue.

Here's how bad it is inside Bashnya:

2h6u5b4.jpg

The additions to the game in .50 are great and amazing features +1111 but I am disappointed with why they went back to the same shoes not wearing down and now food water is not important again. The game is back to easy mode. who wants to play easy mode, it's a lot more fun when you are fighting to survive the starving, cold, sickness etc. Now everyone is just back to looking for guns. BORING

p.s. Walkie talkies are not working in this version, tested last night

• Like 1

[super forum double take]  What?  Are you crazy?  Nothing tastes better than beer.  Minus beans for you...

Beer is too bitter.. Kvass is way better.

Beer?

Isn't Rasputin Kvass some kind of beverage akin to beer? Not proper beer, but something similar.

At least, that's what I've always tought.

It's not terrible. We got Kvass in our country. It honestly tastes better than beer and it's not alcoholic. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 3

Every building at the NWAF, as of 2-3am EST had hoards of loot. Except the barracks, of course, which the hoppers made sure were empty.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334045865

It wont link directly to the pic for some reason, but it's the first one. The firestation was filled with loot, as was everythign else.....the NWAF had become the land of pistols, backpacks, shotguns, and boots.

Edited by gr8mghtyp00

The additions to the game in .50 are great and amazing features +1111 but I am disappointed with why they went back to the same shoes not wearing down and now food water is not important again. The game is back to easy mode. who wants to play easy mode, it's a lot more fun when you are fighting to survive the starving, cold, sickness etc. Now everyone is just back to looking for guns. BORING

Wait, so shoes don't degrade again? Also, what do you mean about food and water not mattering anymore -- did the consumption rates get dialed-back again or something? I saw no mention of either of those things on Reddit or by anyone from the development team. Your post is the first I've heard of this.

It wont link directly to the pic for some reason, but it's the first one.

You can't link to pictures from Steam -- probably because Valve doesn't want you wasting their bandwidth on third-party sharing. If you want to share something on the forum, you'll have to upload it to another site like Imgur.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

The shoes do wear down, it's just not in a ridiculously small amount of time anymore; that was just for testing purposes. Not sure what you mean by food and water isn't important again, sprinting seems to drain water in a fairly quick manner as before. Had to refill my canteen several times yesterday as I ran around in the northwest. Overall I felt that both hydration and energy work pretty well now - the only issue is the overabundance of food which is more of a loot issue, which I agree makes survival too easy.

Edited by solodude23

At least a 15 minute cool down time since overheating from hauling ass. Getting soaked helps:

8w0aiq.jpg

It's experimental, I honestly doubt it was intended that loot is spawning in such immense quantities.

Don't forget that the current build was intended to be a stable release. I am sure that the devs have something devious waiting for us in experimental v0.051.

Also, I seem to recall a previous post, where that OP said that he walked from Electro to the NEAF (or similar) and his shoes did degrade during that trip.