SniperwolfMR

I think it's time.

Does anyone think it's time shit got REAL in this game? Before I go on, I understand it's alpha just as much as everyone else does. 

We need 70-80 man servers. 40 doesn't cut it, never will. Drastically reducing the amount of food that spawns? Yes. Making weapons so rare that we respect those who have them? Absolutely. I understand we are essentially testing things out...but isn't it about time we got a taste of how this game is intended to be? When was the last time you heard of someone dying of starvation? I feel like every update there is more and more shit to collect. Anyone who has the slightest bit of knowledge on how this game works can get fully gears in 30-45 minutes. 

What if people killed each other not to see if they have the latest and greatest piece of gear...but killed each other for food? People killing each other only because it is a dire situation, because ammo is so scarce or their well being and safety is seriously threatened. I'm sure this is the vision many other people have as well and the game is clearly not going in this direction.  

Maybe it's impossible to achieve this before private hives are introduced. 

Things are just getting out of hand now, too much of everything. Why can't we finally experience survival? It's time to weed out the weak. 

Edited by SniperwolfMR
  • Like 12

the engine simply can't handle the bandwith of 80 players it barely handles 40 with minor desync. 

• Like 5

it will never happen people cry about KOS enough as it is. Imagine if you actually HAD to kos lol half the population of this game would quit in a week.

40+ servers WILL happen. x64 brings a lot more options into play as it opens pandora's box in regards to memory and processing bandwidth. We're dealing with unoptimized alpha (early access alpha, not even official alpha) type issues, and the server architecture is about to move from toddler to JJ Watt level power (if you don't know who he is, imagine Hafþór Júlíus "Thor" Björnsson from Game of Thrones). If you don't know who either of them are, stop watching soccer (aka. Football to the world other than the USA) and understand what pansies vs men means. It's a monumental leap that isn't fully appreciated from the client (aka PC) side of things.

• Like 1

the engine simply can't handle the bandwith of 80 players it barely handles 40 with minor desync.

Actually there has been 100 player experimental servers in the past.

What if people killed each other not to see if they have the latest and greatest piece of gear...but killed each other for food? People killing each other only because it is a dire situation, because ammo is so scarce or their well being and safety is seriously threatened. I'm sure this is the vision many other people have as well and the game is clearly not going in this direction.

they do have that its called 2017

When was the last time you heard of someone dying of starvation?

happend alot on EXP 2-3 weeks ago.

People started to live off apples and we had some nice fistfights ( yeah not manny guns either ) for the control of appletrees...

• Like 4

Does anyone think it's time shit got REAL in this game? Before I go on, I understand it's alpha just as much as everyone else does. 

We need 70-80 man servers. 40 doesn't cut it, never will. Drastically reducing the amount of food that spawns? Yes. Making weapons so rare that we respect those who have them? Absolutely. I understand we are essentially testing things out...but isn't it about time we got a taste of how this game is intended to be? When was the last time you heard of someone dying of starvation? I feel like every update there is more and more shit to collect. Anyone who has the slightest bit of knowledge on how this game works can get fully gears in 30-45 minutes. 

Things are just getting out of hand now, too much of everything. Why can't we finally experience survival? It's time to weed out the weak. 

the experimental servers atm are perfect, our group actually were forced to hunt in order to get food, it took us about an hour  just to get all our group healthy, with some blaze rifles, and sks's, trust me those experimentals are really rough sometimes.

happend alot on EXP 2-3 weeks ago.

People started to live off apples and we had some nice fistfights ( yeah not manny guns either ) for the control of appletrees...

also people on experimental cant rely on apples anymore because they fixed the quick apple picking, and about half the apples , if not more, are rotten, so its really nice to have a challenge like experimental, trying to get an entire group geared up, and healthy for a fight.

Edited by over9000nukez
  • Like 2

Best dayz story I heard in months. Beans.

I guess the restriction in loot will come with the central loot economy and spawning. They said they are currently working on it... It's seems it is already going on in experimental, so maybe will see it with the next patch.

Btw, I'm waiting for something like this too... More survival, less deathmatch... People kills others for their wellies or even they don't kill each other because of desperation and need of team working in order to survive...

Then bring in some tought zombies... Grabbing you and bitting you with a chance to get some mortal incurable disease each time you get bite and you will see people helping each others in order to loot villages...

This would be the end of KOS as we know it... You don't kill for fun but because you can't do it another way.

Edited by massacrorBKK
  • Like 2

mhhh...guess ist time to Switch back to EXP for the Weekend :)

Do it , its actually starting to feel like a survival game ( not perfect by any means lol ) but it gives you a good idea of the whats to come ( i am waiting for the huge crying that's going to errupt on the forums i keep starving zeds are killing me i keep freezing why cant i find my fully tricked out AKM anymore etc etc etc..

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

a few things i would like to see happen to push the game in a more hard-core direction;

reduce the rate at which your character gets hungry/thristy BUT;

-Massive reduction in food spawn rates.

-Massive reduction in drink spawn rates.

-Reduced medical supply spawns

-More disease/infection types that require specific treatment

for weapons ;

-Give us proper, realistic ballistics already, dammit.

-physical weapon sway that scales with degree of character exhaustion/stamina

-More "loose rounds" and less "boxes" even in mil spawns. having 5 bullets should make you one of the lucky 1%ers even if you've been to NWAF on 10 servers.

-Weapons spawning in worn and damaged states, prone to jamming reduced accuracy, other failures. (a "pristine" assault rifle should be worth its weight in gold and about a rare as a polka-dotted unicorn)

and continued expansion of;

-Hunting and hunting implements, traps, etc.

-Harvestable/consumable vegetation

-Improvised solutions for implements/gear and weapons alike.

-Perhaps some form of *primitive* agriculture (theres no good reason that one couldn't take seeds from fruits/vegetables and cultivate them given time) this would again encourage more and more group play to establish some form of "base" with a renewable food source.

• Like 5

We need 70-80 man servers. 40 doesn't cut it, never will. Drastically reducing the amount of food that spawns? Yes. Making weapons so rare that we respect those who have them? Absolutely. I understand we are essentially testing things out...but isn't it about time we got a taste of how this game is intended to be? When was the last time you heard of someone dying of starvation? I feel like every update there is more and more shit to collect. Anyone who has the slightest bit of knowledge on how this game works can get fully gears in 30-45 minutes.

There are two issues with your request for more players.

1. You seem unaware that the current engine cannot handle more players with all the new loot persistance and respawn. (why do you think there are two zombies in each town).

2. You completely disregard the idea that adding many more zombies can make for some fantastic gameplay. When they add tons more zombies, the 40 to 60 players will have to work together or work alone and really struggle to survive.

This is not Battlefield 5 or Call of Duty. I don't understand all of the Dayz players that want 100% PVP and 200 people on the map just murdering each other all day long.

It's much more interesting if we have to figure out how to work together and get supplies if there are 45 zombies in each town where the loot is.

• Like 2

Actually there has been 100 player experimental servers in the past.

Actually, now that there is persistant loot and loot respawn, the engine is getting it's ass kicked. So you are dead wrong that the current engine can handle 100 players. They would have to delete a ton of crap that is now in the game.

Well if food was rare, what makes you think the player you kill will have food? It'll likely lead to fruitless killing. Not only that but food will most likely be ruined anyway

I agree about ammo boxes. I searched a town (North-East port town) and could have left with...
80x 357.rounds,
160x 380. ,  
30x 12 Gauge,
150x 22.  
20x 7.62x41mm

And I searched less than 50% of the loot spawns. 

Oh, and I agree with stress-testing survival aspect. For too long we've wined and dined like kings.     

Edited by DaveZ

There are two issues with your request for more players.

1. You seem unaware that the current engine cannot handle more players with all the new loot persistance and respawn. (why do you think there are two zombies in each town).

2. You completely disregard the idea that adding many more zombies can make for some fantastic gameplay. When they add tons more zombies, the 40 to 60 players will have to work together or work alone and really struggle to survive.

This is not Battlefield 5 or Call of Duty. I don't understand all of the Dayz players that want 100% PVP and 200 people on the map just murdering each other all day long.

It's much more interesting if we have to figure out how to work together and get supplies if there are 45 zombies in each town where the loot is.

I am in no way looking for or hoping for a some sort of Call of Duty Day Z death match game. 40 players is just simply not enough for the magnitude of the map. 

They are currently building more and more cities up north, only expanding this already enormous map. Think about it, 40 people? Don't you want want to be nervous to run into some random town somewhere? Having to expect to see someone anywhere at anytime? I could run around the middle area of the DayZ map for days and not see a single soul. 

I feel like if there were more players, the new spawns would notice that there is nothing for them in places like Berezino and they would be force to eventually travel somewhere else to stay alive. Reducing food and weapon spawns would also help with this.

If you honestly think that 40 players is the max amount of slots a server should have in this game, I think you've been spending too much time camping the apartments in Berezino. 

• Like 3

This game isn't nearly finished. They should just start telling us so. They JUST actually started. It's just a half year ago that they hired shitloads of new people and now they are finally going to make engine changes, what everyone wanted to begin with because everyone knew how bad the arma2 engine was. That essentially means they start more or less over.

I grow impatient aswell, because I wanna play the proper game, but wishing won't help. Meanwhile I'll moan about stupid decisions, that's all I can really do (like still the retarded zoomlevel of ironsighted/reddot M4, and still placeholder ACOG. Makes you wonder when they have made the PSO scope which is x4, why they didn't make the ACOG x4 aswell, as it's supposed to be).

Edited by Khanarac

No one has said that there should only be 40 players per server but that currently the servers are not able to manage with more than that in addition to zombies and respawning/persistent loot.

Increased numbers will come in time, probably towards the end of the alpha phase when 64bit servers are sorted and the game is more optimised. Trying to put it in now would cause horrendous amounts of issues in terms of performance

I understand it's alpha just as much as everyone else does. 

No, you don't.

• Like 1

I wonder when will they fix game engine? Lights still spreading through walls, when I aim sks to sun I can see sun from inside of weapon. Also zombies who stand behind door their arms legs and face pass through doors. Also ın berezino hospital I get in room and close door but zombies still  getting inside through walls or doors. This game really need long longg very long time to be playable properly.