haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Also it appears that you cannot dry your clothes anymore, just inspect them. Drying didn't do much since you go from soaking to damp in 5 minutes anyway, but yeah.

This is what I call some fast feedback.

From Devtracker, Eugene: "Some things that are broken in this build, are working fine internaly, as mentioned this build is a bit older, but wanted to test few things"

I get the sense they are "on top of things" and we should see some kind of update/patch sooner rather than later. /insert optimism.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Has anyone found any new guns yet?

Not yet, but I keep trying. Although I don't know which loot spawn table they are part of so I'm searching all gun spawn. (mostly civilian judging from the aspect and real life use of these weapons)

so yeah hypothermia is a bit jacked. I found I couldn't interact with stuff after a few mins so I relog to discover I really did eat all that food and I was now hypothermic. spent 20 mins in a town looking for matches and something to chop firewood with to no avail but all the while I was "warming up rapidly", did I mention I was wearing a wool coat, gloves and a cowboy hat? I did manage to find a medical thermometer and gave it a use "my temperature is 35c" and in less than a minute "you are dead". maybe it was that badly damaged thermometer. guess its back to stable for the morning ;)

• Like 1

There's a good thing for testing purposes: If you don't log out, you don't have to worry about hydration, food, warm or cold weather as your status never change.

Of course when you log back in you die of hypothermia, but that's just a temporary bug. When logging out, just put stuff in your backpack or tent, and hide them. When you get back on (hoping the server is still online and not crashed) you just go back to your stuff and continue. No need to carry or look for food or water, at all.

It's a game breaking bug, yes, but it happens at the right time. The internal dev version doesn't have these problems, so it's mostly due to missing lines or parts of coding.

During this time, I'll search for additions.

• Like 2

There's a good thing for testing purposes: If you don't log out, you don't have to worry about hydration, food, warm or cold weather as your status never change.

Of course when you log back in you die of hypothermia, but that's just a temporary bug. When logging out, just put stuff in your backpack or tent, and hide them. When you get back on (hoping the server is still online and not crashed) you just go back to your stuff and continue. No need to carry or look for food or water, at all.

It's a game breaking bug, yes, but it happens at the right time. The internal dev version doesn't have these problems, so it's mostly due to missing lines or parts of coding.

During this time, I'll search for additions.

that's actually pretty funny - inadvertent god mode ;)

edit: oops with reincarnation :p

Edited by Elle

Yup it's confirmed .. Log out and back in : instant hypothermia .

Yeah, it's awful, I was looking all over for matches just to see if starting a fire would help.  Can't find matches anywhere.  It's crazy, they were all over now none to be found.  It doesn't seem to matter how warmly dress my character is either.  I don't want to log back in now.  I had this issue the first time I logged in on the previous patch but it only happened the first time I logged in, now it happens every time. 

I am going to try logging back in, eating, then logging out and back in again just to see what happens..

Has anyone found any new guns yet?

No, HOWEVER the REGULAR 1911 seems to be back. Before you could only find the Engraved 1911 it seems.

What the hell...I go away for a few days of R&R and I come back to this!  You guys/gals need to keep things in order, seriously.

And the mega loot spawn servers are back too. I didn't actually expect them to fix that yet, but I was somewhat happily surprised. The faster you gear up a bit, the more you can test. Too bad I'm about to die of hypothermia again...  <_< 

Sometimes I wonder.. do the devs even test the content they make?

• Like 1

They already said that those bugs we experience didn't happen in the internal build. Those are different. You can only know about these kind of bug/glitches when the servers gets the new lines of code. (and those "lines" were different from the internal build which has other unfinished features...)

Alpha means creating the game. Creating hundreds of bugs and glitches. Then beta means fixing most of the bugs so the final product feels more polished. DayZ is plagued by it's community slowing down development process by "forcing" the devs in making a somewhat stable build so people can play the game. Most other alphas out there suffer from the same thing, but at a much smaller scale.

This can't be helped anyway.

• Like 3

Is there somthing like "patch notes" where all the changes / new things are listed? If yes I would be glad about a link. :-)

No there isn't, they don't release patch notes for exp. - you might find an unofficial one somewhere.

So I have everything i need to make a fire - but this wont help me survive the hypothermia bug?

Edited by Hoik

Nope.

It's a true game breaker.

I thought I had overcome the bug on my last spawn but I just dropped dead after awhile, without even fading in health.

Sometimes I wonder, do people even bother to read before they post.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

They already said that those bugs we experience didn't happen in the internal build. Those are different. You can only know about these kind of bug/glitches when the servers gets the new lines of code. (and those "lines" were different from the internal build which has other unfinished features...)

Alpha means creating the game. Creating hundreds of bugs and glitches. Then beta means fixing most of the bugs so the final product feels more polished. DayZ is plagued by it's community slowing down development process by "forcing" the devs in making a somewhat stable build so people can play the game. Most other alphas out there suffer from the same thing, but at a much smaller scale.

This can't be helped anyway.

i wish everyone could read this post

• Like 2

i wish everyone could read this post

Thanks Robert. :thumbsup:  B)  But I don't think it would change anything. They have all read, at least one time, the warning before entering the game menu. And still... "I understand" they say?! :lol:

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

over 800mb update and whats major news ? Except broken electric catttle prog and baton. After 1 hour gameplay I get bored and just quit game.. Fail again. Also when I log out ang log in I allways spawning as hypothermic

Edited by BugZ

any update notes for new exp patch? can't find any... where to look?

Edited by robophant

Dying from hypothermia a few times was ok, well not really but it's testing purposes, but the light source, my god, turn it off.  Thought I was going to have a seizure.