haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Bear Grylls is a moron, better to have a conversation with Les Stroud.

Hey what? Bear Grylls can kick Les Stroud's butt any time!

btw, what makes you say that? Just curious.

So any info about the patch? Is it prosponed again?

I'm getting an undeniable feeling that it is :/ .. It's been silent all morning, they're either so close to being done it's not worth tweeting or dev tracking til it's done but then again it could be that their so deep in problems that cropped up that they're having trouble solving it :( . Come on dayz devs were rooting for ya deliver this baby !

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

well at least we know our chars will be wiped tomorrow for sure  ;)

(Then I start collecting survivally-items again. DAYUM Before the wipe (=now) I had a pot+camping-cooking-thing, a tent in my backpack (taking up 12 slots), lots of canned foods, 6 (SIX) canteens and 3 blood-bag-kits (2x pristine, 1x damaged) and a saline bag!

All this stuff I wanted to store in a tent, but then the wipe was announced... :(

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

well at least our chars will be wiped tomorrow ;)

I'm hiding in the woods so they can't wipe me <_<

• Like 1

Can anyone quick update me? 

If I didn't get the wrong idea... we are waiting to 0.49 to hit stable in a few days and it's 0.49 offline from experimental and it's coming back today if all goes well??

thanks!

Can anyone quick update me?

If I didn't get the wrong idea... we are waiting to 0.49 to hit stable in a few days and it's 0.49 offline from experimental and it's coming back today if all goes well??

thanks!

Yes that's pretty much on the mark ... But we just don't have a real date for the .49 push to stable , it's really based off of if experimental is updated today and how well that goes .

Amazing!, Let's hope all goes well then, must be a hell of a job to do this.-

Also: 

If ALL goes well, and when this little baby hits stable, with meele redone and persistence On... don't you guys think that things are getting pretty well?

I belive this is the key, you can kill Z without have fear of being crazyly hit, and you have the chance to leave tents or bags around without have to start all from start, at least for a time.

cheers!

All is well, Eugen is on it..."Big thanks to Eugen for sticking around late tonight to make sure we get this interim update to exp." Per Hicks on twitter.

• Like 2

Yay! Thanks devs! I also think things have improved a lot. We have persistence, we get too cold or too hot, melee is much better (if not perfect), we keep getting new towns and items on an almost regular basis... I just want to say that I am very happy with the progress the team has made in the past couple of months, so thanks, Dev Team!

• Like 1

Remember, people:

9) Unnecessary posts:
Posting "don't care", "alpha", "TLDR", "search before you post", "cool story bro", 'fanboy' or any posts along those lines are unnecessary, inflammatory, and/or do not add to the discussion. This includes memes, GIFs and other images that are unnecessary/non-constructive; please keep them to an absolute minimum. If a duplicate thread exists, report it to the moderation team with a link.

well at least we know our chars will be wiped tomorrow for sure  ;)

(Then I start collecting survivally-items again. DAYUM Before the wipe (=now) I had a pot+camping-cooking-thing, a tent in my backpack (taking up 12 slots), lots of canned foods, 6 (SIX) canteens and 3 blood-bag-kits (2x pristine, 1x damaged) and a saline bag!

All this stuff I wanted to store in a tent, but then the wipe was announced... :(

It's the experimental branch that will have an update so only those characters will be wiped. When we finally get the complete 0.49 patch to the stable branch, then we'll have the stable hive reset/wipe. But we still need the rest of 0.49 in experimental for at least a week first!

Brian Hicks ‏@Hicks_206 56m ago.

Just a quick heads up on exp update: Team is still tackling a few stubborn client crashes. Will update exp tonight with interim build.

• Like 1

Hey what? Bear Grylls can kick Les Stroud's butt any time!

btw, what makes you say that? Just curious.

I was being a little flippant, I'll send you a pm.

Brian Hicks ‏@Hicks_206 56m ago.

Just a quick heads up on exp update: Team is still tackling a few stubborn client crashes. Will update exp tonight with interim build.

Fantastic news.

I was being a little flippant, I'll send you a pm.

Fantastic news.

good, rather wait a day and get rid of those crashes than to rush it. Its always great when they tell us why it takes longer than planned

It's the experimental branch that will have an update so only those characters will be wiped. When we finally get the complete 0.49 patch to the stable branch, then we'll have the stable hive reset/wipe. But we still need the rest of 0.49 in experimental for at least a week first!

Ah, OK, so I got to enjoy my useless gear one more week ;)

But I thought 0.49 would come to stable this wednesday and today/tomorrow we get a new exp. patch =

• Like 1

But I thought 0.49 would come to stable this wednesday and today/tomorrow we get a new exp. patch =

plans changed. Stuff like fixing exploits, and Smashing Bugs had a higher priority for this build. (and maybe there is also some balancing)

I haven't been sick often enough to actually test this. The other day I made myself sick intentionally and let it go for a while, eventually I took some charcoal tabs, I stopped getting worse and eventually got better. It may be possible to survive sometimes without intervention. I'll have to play with the current illness system more. It may be the case that the vomiting that eventually comes results in dehydration which ultimately kills you. It may be possible to survive by having a good source of clean water and food around and a little luck without medication.

I remember one time I got sick and I drank so much water from a pond that I threw up and then was fine. Not sure if that was supposed to be like that, but for food poisoning issues I think it would be cool if you could force yourself to be sick to nip it in the bud.

But it'd be very dangerous if you don't have enough food and clean water afterwards, so while it would seem an easy solution to stick your fingers down your throat if you're a fresh spawn you're going to be dying a lot quicker from starvation/dehydration.

Another thing they should add is some herbs that help, just a little enough that you won't die but no instant or fast fix, it's rather unbelievable that charcoal tabs would be everywhere and when they're not...what can you do but die if it's that serious...

How is the game running now? When this one hits stable I might play again, only played a few times since last update and kept getting the bug where you can't attack so took a break for a month or so.

The problem with 0.49, is that there are "2" 0.49...  We had an experimental patch called 0.49.124857 a while ago that only had a few teaks for melees, animations and a few others, and the whole weather system affecting players. (placeholder) But, the rest of 0.49, with the 2 new guns, new melees, new clothes (fingerless gloves, firefighter outfits), new horticulture placeholder, new animal (the wolf), will be the next experimental update. Once this new update hits stable, then we'll have the stable branch reset/character wipe.

At least that's the way I understood things with the confusion of having threads about "We'll have a wide server reset/wipe when 0.49 hits stable." which doesn't tell which of the 0.49 patches hitting stable will push the reset. I figured it would be the "complete" 0.49 because right now the experimental 0.49.124857 only added a few things, and honestly I didn't see any changes to get rid of hacked mags/dupers and such. (The reason we're supposed to have a big stable branch wipe is to get rid of all the duped items, hacked mags and other hacked/scripted items when they get rid of those "back doors" allowing such cheats to exist. I wound find it rather silly to wipe all hacked/duped/scripted items if they (the hackers) bring them all back 30 mins after the wipe.... Fingers crossed it'll be fixed.)

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

But, the rest of 0.49, with the 2 new guns, new melees, new clothes (fingerless gloves, firefighter outfits), new horticulture placeholder, new animal (the wolf), will be the next experimental update. 

To much TV is bad for you, buddy. 

Edited by basinox
  • Like 1

but what Odin sais is true.

also: Do NOT deny the existence of a lever-action-rifle in any way, my friend.....

• Like 1

:huh:  Irrelevant post. This has nothing to do with "TV".

Not enough reading is bad for you, buddy.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2eufwj/exp_049_828_discussion_unofficial_changelogthread/

Edit: I stand corrected. I didn't know about this "DayZTV". Those infos were found on the forums, shared by another memember. Now I understand.

Edited by Odin Lowe

but what Odin sais is true.

also: Do NOT deny the existence of a lever-action-rifle in any way, my friend.....

I don't deny sexy. I deny the Baikal

:huh:  Irrelevant post. This has nothing to do with "TV".

Not enough reading is bad for you, buddy.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2eufwj/exp_049_828_discussion_unofficial_changelogthread/

Most of this info about the new items comes from DayZ TV who made a prediction based on WIP files and Dev talk.

Edited by basinox
  • Like 1