haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

data-author="Tatanko">Tatanko, on 17

Sept 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

Congrats on the successful hunt! I hope to join the club someday soon title=":)" class="bbc_emoticon" src="http://forums.dayzgame.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png"

data-cke-saved-src="http://forums.dayzgame.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png">

I am really, really satisfied with 0.49 as it sits. I mean sure it's far from

perfect as all versions up to this point have been, but as far as all the builds

of 0.49 have been, 124959 has been the best. Once they flip the switch and turn

persistence back on again, it will feel much more survival-ey. I saw the

absolute worst of the environment try and take me down over the course of

testing the different 0.49 builds: temperature, hunger, zombies, physics, and

many of my human beings. It's been fun  src="http://forums.dayzgame.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png"

data-cke-saved-src="http://forums.dayzgame.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png">

Here I am tonight enjoying what I hope to be the last hours of this build on

experimental with a friend, in a barn, in the middle of a field... in the middle

of nowhere, in a thunderstorm, in a highly populated server. Just two friends,

enjoying some warm cans of peaches over the dueling fires. Cheers!

fQdwIrz.jpgdata-cke-saved-src="http://i.imgur.com/fQdwIrz.jpg">

WABE0Fe.jpgdata-cke-saved-src="http://i.imgur.com/WABE0Fe.jpg">

Awesome .... love the eerie glow of fires ... and yes i agree i hope they

push to stable during maintenance ! 

I had an awesome run through Elektrozadovsk tonight.. Saw at least 13 zombies

in elektro alone, it was amazing and terrifying as all i had to defend myself

was an empty sks and a crowbar, there were so many zombies chasing me i ended up

running into the school building across from the police station, A BAD IDEA... I

end up running out of ground when i reach the 2nd floor balcony; i turn around

to see 5 zombies behind me , three directly in the frame of the door leading

back into the building so my only chance was to run off the balcony and hope for

the best .. i run and get some distance breaking my leg with the fall, luckily i

had a splint and 2 of the three most aggressive zombies(five chasing me in total

at this point)  fell off with me killing them in the process .. the other 3

seemed to get caught somewhere in the school so i was safe... for now ... after

i turn the corner another three are standing near the convienance store

instantly aggroed to me ... i run through the store to find yet another hopper

hiding behind the counter . i barely escaped with my Medic Mans life , and this

screenshot:

(probably the best and most intense PVE action i've ever had in this game and

id like to see more of it =) ! )

oN7lm8N.jpg?1data-cke-saved-src="http://i.imgur.com/oN7lm8N.jpg?1">

• Like 5

I'm really having fun with this build.

Unfortunately, I just lost a character to my legs being eaten by stairs.

Personally, I have better luck staying connected for longer to servers with slightly higher ping.

It may just be coincidence but I get server DC's from my low ping (20-50) East/Northeast servers more often than servers with ping around 60-75 that are hosted down South.

Nope on SWE Servers, again I left my hunter backpack in the trees, again it was gone after restart (I stayed the whole time there till restart and came back immediatly -> stealing 101% impossible). People better don't rely on this...

this is on AUS/NZ exp onlys

My bet is we won't see 0.49 (and the wipe) on stable for another week. At least I can't see it happening today.

• Like 1

My bet is we won't see 0.49 (and the wipe) on stable for another week. At least I can't see it happening today.

As far as I'm aware, 0.49 is going live during today's maintenance.

If they do update it today i hope they add more bug fixes as well as the rossi and shotgun to make it a special update  :D

I hope so....but as Dr Phil would say "The past is the best predictor we have for the future"

You got an official source for that ?? It would seem strange they would push it to stable when 1 they havent re started persistence as they search for other bugs 2 they havent sorted the open closed server client doors 3 they havent solved the shadow bug 4 they say there still searching for a couple more causes of crashes..

All that adds up to very doubtfull push to stable but hey i could be wrong but if i am prepare the forums for the general pop screams of this patch OWW MY GAWD so buggy etc etc

EDIT i am not complaining i am just pointing out it doesnt exactly seem stable material yet even if i am enjoying the patch alot. guess in a few hours we will find out who was right..

Edited by SoulFirez

You got an official source for that ?? It would seem strange they would push it to stable when 1 they havent re started persistence as they search for other bugs 2 they havent sorted the open closed server client doors 3 they havent solved the shadow bug 4 they say there still searching for a couple more causes of crashes..

All that adds up to very doubtfull push to stable but hey i could be wrong but if i am prepare the forums for the general pop screams of this patch OWW MY GAWD so buggy etc etc

EDIT i am not complaining i am just pointing out it doesnt exactly seem stable material yet even if i am enjoying the patch alot. guess in a few hours we will find out who was right..

Yes, an email from my GSP notifying me that maintenance will be extended beyond 3hrs due the update being pushed today. One would suspect it's 0.49 and also that a GSP would know these things.

Just an fyi, I typically don't blow smoke.  ;)

Edited by R.Neville

Guys the Gallery is that a wawy <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If you can't find it just wrap your image file (no direct links please) in spoiler tabs (3rd icon from the left dropdown select).

Thank you for your understanding, have a nice DayZ.

• Like 3

Sooooo, um, since we did not have any news on 49 going to stable yet, and usually we do get that kind of info on tracker before the maintenance - im guessing we are not getting 49 live today.. uh well..

And im kinda wondering what does this mean : https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/512128002776653824

And this : https://twitter.com/vilayer/status/512110335076352000

Lets hope )

Edited by lazytek

Yes, an email from my GSP notifying me that maintenance will be extended beyond 3hrs due the update being pushed today. One would suspect it's 0.49 and also that a GSP would know these things.

Just an fyi, I typically don't blow smoke.  ;)

Interesting ,ah well we shall see how the general pop enjoys it ( personally i would have left it for next week and cleaned up the last few nagging bugs but then i always was cautious lol)

Maybe they do have another round of bug fixes prepped and ready to go with it..

Edit slightly off topic i love your server do you have any plans to go whitelisted when its possible or stay public ( i dont mind donating to something that is protected from the general hackery public lol )

Edited by SoulFirez

Anyone else getting kicked with Battleye stating Unknown Game Version?, my client and the version on the server list is 49.124959

Anyone else getting kicked with Battleye stating Unknown Game Version?, my client and the version on the server list is 49.124959

As stated on Twitter, BE is currently spitting the dummy on Exp.

Not is those exact words but they're aware of the issue.

this is on AUS/NZ exp onlys

All right ;)

Btw after I have found 5 Gorka E Helmets I finally found also the very(?) rare visor and put it together (If you put the visor once on the helmet you can't pull it off anymore!):

6nBYC6h.jpg

And this is how it looks with balaclava and Gorka E clothing (sorry the vest doesn't match, smersh vest would be perfect):

G5Vwhpg.jpg

wVqeECu.jpg

h8bWwNh.jpg

The visor reflects very much, it is hard to make a screenshot where you can see the face proper. 

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 2

Well, there was a "Manifest Production Prep" update uploaded to Steam's servers a few hours ago, which is what happens just before an update, so I'm still going with it being today.

Well, there was a "Manifest Production Prep" update uploaded to Steam's servers a few hours ago, which is what happens just before an update, so I'm still going with it being today.

Got to be today since it's taking so long. Maybe they are checking if the character wipes work properly.

I hope for the stable version they've fixed the seemingly random "switch to something else in your hotbar during melee" bug. The few times zombies do actually hit me is when I find myself perplexed and holding my compass in menacing fashion.

Have you actually tried the compass as a backup melee weapon?

Who knows - it might be the go-to choice now.

Z

• Like 2

Have you actually tried the compass as a backup melee weapon?

Who knows - it might be the go-to choice now.

Z

shhh,

now everyone knows where to aim. 

I know there is high expectations for 0.49 going Stable, but I'm not sure if that would be wise, there are still plenty of bugs to be squashed, and I believe it would be productive to implement persistence once again in Exp just to make sure no new issues arise, I'd give this Exp patch atleast two more weeks.

While on that I took a picture from last night session, enjoy!

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/546382678874679498/BA060A4AE76EF927B3F31D880FCA7007D0F80E39/

anyone else getting settings reset when joining a server? I am talking about player-name, controls and all that stuff.

No, but my friend and I were getting "BattlEye: Wrong Game Version" after about 2 hours of game time last night.  We were on Experimental US Southeast 0-1 (I'm pretty sure) and after it restartd (for the 5th time) we were getting the "BattlEye: Wrong Game Version" on that server and any other experimental server we tried to join.  Verified game cache but that didn't resolve.

anyone else getting settings reset when joining a server? I am talking about player-name, controls and all that stuff.

Not here, but it's weird, any server I try to join I just get stuck in the "wait for host" or "please wait" screen. After 5+ minutes sometimes I join, sometimes I get disconnected.

Also, crazy desync and invisible zombies everywhere :/

Edited by akpe