haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Pretty much. There have been a couple of times I got to play for about 30 minutes without a distraction.

Ahh well, Here's to monday being a productive day for the devs (raises glass), they can hopefully squash some issues and get something updated.

C'mon fellas, you can do eet.

• Like 1

Had a wee game last night! found that eating canned goods from your inventory space causes a crash, then done some testing, if said opened items are placed on the ground then right click and eat all this works fine

BUT

does not work with BEANZ :(

sorry if this is a repost, but helps with users not realising that its EXP and this should be expected.

• Like 1

It would seem crazy to push this update towards stable until it has been actually working on exp for a few days.  

The idea of putting this to stable this week, with its character wipe and all its problems would be daft IMO.

Edited by MadTommy

Had a wee game last night! found that eating canned goods from your inventory space causes a crash, then done some testing, if said opened items are placed on the ground then right click and eat all this works fine

BUT

does not work with BEANZ :(

sorry if this is a repost, but helps with users not realising that its EXP and this should be expected.

Yeah I found and posted about this a few days ago. But it seems these buggy food items only crash the game for "Some" players :huh:  After being able to get on and play/test Exp for a full afternoon and evening yesterday, I personally don't get any crashes from any foods or any of the buggy items, and nether did one of the guys I was gaming with. But, a couple of mates came on later and they was crashing every 5 minutes from literally everything they interacted with.

Very strange.

Edited by euphoria4949

Yeah I found and posted about this a few days ago. But it seems these buggy food items only crash the game for "Some" players :huh:  After being able to get on and play/test Exp for a full afternoon and evening yesterday, I personally don't get any crashes from any foods or any of the buggy items, and nether did one of the guys I was gaming with. But, a couple of mates came on later and they was crashing every 5 minutes from literally everything they interacted with.

Very strange.

It seems to be server-related for me. It rarely happened, but it did happen once. So it's not even just "some" people, but rather "some people" on "some servers".

Anyone else getting the retractable baton crash?? i have tried it a few times and it seems to make me crash. I can pick it up fine then i click to open it and it comes out of my hand and lands on the ground, if i then pick it up and start swinging with it i CTD immediately??( i have been able to eat cans of food from my inventory completely without crash or incident and i have tried every can of food...)

Other than that was there a character wipe?? i merely ask because its likely i died as my game crashed in a high traffic area and when i logged back in i was a fresh spawn at novo again lol...

These invisible zombies are a real problem.

Had that problem 2

it also appears like your char get wipped if you get disconnected by the server. really annoying

lets hope these 2 bugs are part of the 5 fixes

Just thought all the servers went down after a session lost, but not sure. I think they are working on fixing certain issues, so that'd be nice!

Anyone else can confirm servers down? It seems there's less servers when refreshing the list, only three or four show up.

Edited by Demonica

Just thought all the servers went down after a session lost, but not sure. I think they are working on fixing certain issues, so that'd be nice!

Anyone else can confirm servers down? It seems there's less servers when refreshing the list, only three or four show up.

Update incomıng check dev tracker.

• Like 1

Good deal, fixes are the way to go at this point, don't need to add anything else right now anyway that could just cause even more problems.

Is anyone else getting incredible lag at the server browser ? I was just waiting for all the experimentals to show up , most of them were broken but I knew there was like 10 more hardcore server that weren't showing , I pressed refresh and it lagged wicked bad like it would in game sometimes , and it loads the servers one by one until you get out and load dayz again .. It did the same thing last night and I couldn't get any more servers to show until I reset dayz ... Strange :(

Yup, happens all the time.  Then it kills my internet browser.  I have to quit the game and wait a couple of minutes to even get my browser back.  Steam and TS are not effected.

Happens to me all the time.  Sometimes after refreshing once, sometimes after refreshing 10 times, my internet floods similar to a DDoS attack; internet fails, no servers show up, etc.  I read up on a fix that didn't work for me, but others have reported it useful so here ya go.

Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game (tab).   Under "In-Game Server Browser: Max pings / minute" lower the value (default 5000) to 1500 at first.  If you still experience problems, continue lowering.

I believe the problem lies in the brower pinging more servers than it can handle, and thus floods / downs your internet for several minutes.

Happens to me all the time.  Sometimes after refreshing once, sometimes after refreshing 10 times, my internet floods similar to a DDoS attack; internet fails, no servers show up, etc.  I read up on a fix that didn't work for me, but others have reported it useful so here ya go.

Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game (tab).   Under "In-Game Server Browser: Max pings / minute" lower the value (default 5000) to 1500 at first.  If you still experience problems, continue lowering.

I believe the problem lies in the brower pinging more servers than it can handle, and thus floods / downs your internet for several minutes.

So it isn't my pc

So it isn't my pc

I doubt it.  If I were to guess it would be a combination of a low-quality server browser and router or ISP.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try. As it is I'm afraid to use the refresh button as overuse comes with huge consequences! lol.

Good deal, fixes are the way to go at this point, don't need to add anything else right now anyway that could just cause even more problems.

At this point, even though we want to play badly, they need to add more stuff as they are creating the game right now. Of course it'll break, glitch and bug, but it's part of the alpha process. When we get to beta and most features are in, then they'll start to focus on fixing bugs. (should at least) 

Right now fixing some of those bugs is like taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. For the sake of making a "playable" build, the development process gets slowed down sadly.

• Like 2

New updates looking nice some things I have noticed so far :

1.) all servers are up ... For now :0 !

2.) hot bar boxes are now transparent (or more so now) and the icons within them are enlarged.

3.) zombies / melee is much easier to deal with, at least the machete is hitting wherever I aim her now as opposed to hitting only 7/8 times

4.) zombies having trouble entering front doors of houses (and berezino police station )

5.) zombies no longer hit you through walls when they can't enter buildings behind you (at least no zombies in bereZino are doing this , maybe it's cuz there's only 4 people on the server ? No Desync no lag maybe ?).

Hope to see others findings if there are any !! =}

Edited by Grapefruit kush

JZLfnEE.jpg?1

Why is this server still at an older experimental version but all others are the new version? Strange!

I really wish they would take out the server switch 'punishment' from experimental.  Twice in 5 minutes the servers I were (trying to) playing on crashed, forcing a switch.... Posting in my 70 seconds of down time!

lol, naked vybor spawn..

Edited by doctajones
  • Like 1