haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

I was just on a exp server lastnight that was a 40 pop.

I login this morning and can't seem to find it on my server list.

I've restarted, refreshed, everything.

Well there is not even one functioning 1st person experimental server.

Dev don't seem to care. (old news)

• Like 1

There was actually a perfectly working one lastnight and the day before with max players on it.

Only issues I had was every 4 hours the server would restart several times within 5 minutes.

No exp 1st person servers.

DayZ AU/NZ 0-4 (Experimental/Testing) is still running

"Edit" Well it rebooted after 5 mins, guess it will get stuck on start up soon enough...

Edited by Fatsug

Yeah, like. Screw the Devs. For not working at Midnight on a Saturday their time.

Please note: Experimental updates can come at any time, with any frequency. Things can be removed from the build at a moments notice and many of these changes are half finished and will be modified or even removed entirely prior to going to stable and many of which you will not see (on database side for example) They are development snapshots used for testing experimental work so producing patch notes is not possible. Experimental is not the place for strong user experiences, it's for testing new systems. 

The problem has been elevated, but don't expect a quick fix over the weekend.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209353-experimental-branch-049-discussion/

• Like 8

What does it take to keep the servers up and running 24/7? Can they not trust one or two people during their off hours to reset the servers in the case that it's needed? Is it more complicated than simply resetting the servers? What is causing the servers to not auto-reset correctly in the first place? Answers to these questions would be appreciated so we, the testers, know why most of us cannot get on experimental most of the time, either due to full servers or bad ones.

Edited by IIvIIozzie

What does it take to keep the servers up and running 24/7? Can they not trust one or two people during their off hours to reset the servers in the case that it's needed? Is it more complicated than simply resetting the servers? Answers to these questions would be appreciated so we, the testers, know why most of us cannot get on experimental most of the time, either due to full servers or bad ones.

On the mark!

Dayz server lobby even makes Gamespy's serverlobby look good.

Tackling minor issues and keeping the community informed isn't what these dev are good at.

They could learn a lot from Frontier Developments' Elite: Dangerous alpha approach.

If you have a problem with any moderator please take the appropriate actions, instead of making it personal.

The Administrator is here to judge our behaviour, not pat us on our backs, if you feel like my actions have been unjust, take the appropriate actions.

I have elevated your concern about the Servers to the Devs even before I locked the topic and I now have elevated the issues you seem to be having with me personally.

Moderators:

We are people like the rest of you and we are all susceptible to emotions and 16 hour days. Moderators will treat everyone equally, which includes other moderators. Should it be felt that the moderators are overstepping their boundaries, please contact them or boneboys directly via PM; at most parts of the day, moderators are very friendly people and should be willing to listen. However please refrain from posting it publicly if it involves only a single moderator as it usually ends up turning into a bashing session and would just end up with everyone in the shits.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 3

Anyone else notice that Zombies can attack animals? or is it old because i never seen that one :D

Thats been happening for a while now, but I think they are reworking the Zeds not to do that anymore. Too bad cause I think it's funny as hell :P

Anyone else notice that Zombies can attack animals? or is it old because i never seen that one :D

Thats been happening for a while now, but I think they are reworking the Zeds not to do that anymore. Too bad cause I think it's funny as hell :P

Zombies hunting animals fooled me a few times :D. Suddenly you see a zombie taking of in a odd direction, you track it for abit too posibly put some lead into another player, but tada, zed be hunting a cow :)

Sometimes I think they are even able to kill it, so you kill the Zed and harvest some nice steaks if you have a knife handy ;)

Last time I saw that, 10 zeds were chasing a poor cow on the fields west of the construction site in Berezino. I guess the poor animal dragged every zombie within the city after her.

• Like 1

I hope they don't remove that I love seeing them

Chase cows instead of me ...

I think all zombies should have a hunger meter as well (lol) but when they get very low on the meter they would resort to running after animals , but that I'm sure would take up a lot of use from the servers but it would be great come end of alpha when they could also have spreading sickness to animals which would make some of the animals slow enough for the Zombies :0 !

• Like 1

Oh crap, I figured out you could drive animals into a town, the zeds would chase the animals then go from animals to any players they might see and chase them out of town then I could loot with impunity.  I hope they don't change it, gives us a nice little TTP. 

Did you notice that zeds no longer will make the death leap at you going down hill and die in the process?  I used to run up hill at them to make them do it, that doesn't work any more.  I call BS on that.

Edited by Barnabus

Yeah, that does sound like a fun little plan there. But if they transfer their infection to the animals... and we eat them... we run with the Zeds next time... B)

I actually was able to play for about 30 minutes altogether, there are three servers showing up, one kicked me after about 10 seconds (no message received), the second one wouldn't let me access anything in my inventory so I couldn't bandage and switched once more.

The third one was full to the brim (of course) and even though I was just on a hill by a small town I had some lag and quite crunch on FPS. It's okay though, patience is a virtue. ^_^

Edited by Demonica

been playing stable since the servers went down a couple days ago before the update...

looking thru the exp posts I cant seem to find any updated bugs u guys in exp should be finding and throwing up here in this topic?

so lemme refresh a lil...

CAN ANYONE UP IN THE EXP able to update the issues found on exp... on this topic please..

I value the info u guys deposit in this topic a lot.

most of the time its on point and up asap.

appreciated peeps!

• Like 1

Damn i hope there not going to stop zeds chasing animals , its funny i think it be accurate them wanting to eat them.

• Like 1

Ok then guys, that is still happening, well, i think if zombies could actually win that chasing and kill the animal, it would be a nice addition because then maybe someone actually found that animal and cook the meat but suddenly they get sick because the meat is infected, or just for visual of it maybe, seeing an animal butchered is good for this cold (i mean where is all the bloods? there is no vehicle in the street between towns and so on ... i may post a topic about this :|  ) world. 

I don't think they should take out zeds chasing animals.

I mean, there should be a (small) random chance a zombie chases an animal, right?

Gamers are often a younger crowd and patience is not a virtue common to youth.

I feel like I've waited 30+ years for a game like this and some of you whine like the most entitled children imaginable.

Maybe early next week we will see some work being done to get the servers back up and running properly.

• Like 5

What does it take to keep the servers up and running 24/7? Can they not trust one or two people during their off hours to reset the servers in the case that it's needed? Is it more complicated than simply resetting the servers? What is causing the servers to not auto-reset correctly in the first place? Answers to these questions would be appreciated so we, the testers, know why most of us cannot get on experimental most of the time, either due to full servers or bad ones.

Well, from past experience don't try looking in the History or Favorite tab (I guess history shows what it was when you last logged in to that one and favorite shows what it was when you made it a favorite or some such baffling shit such as that).  The most up to date/current tab is the one marked Internet.

Stay off the odd 64 person servers, they will reset your character and even worse they are completely lootless.  These are bugged servers so unless you seriously like apples and berries stay away.  You will have no way to start a fire or chop wood or skin & quarter an animal.  The perfect vegan servers I guess

Edited by Barnabus

I don't think they should take out zeds chasing animals.

I mean, there should be a (small) random chance a zombie chases an animal, right?

Gamers are often a younger crowd and patience is not a virtue common to youth.

I feel like I've waited 30+ years for a game like this and some of you whine like the most entitled children imaginable.

Maybe early next week we will see some work being done to get the servers back up and running properly.

Yeah I hope so man. I mean, zero servers at the moment.

Edited by Avant-Garde

I'm looking at about 160 player slots full in my region.

Yeah strangely the AU/NZ servers seem far more stable today got a good hour or so in this morning no crash and there was around 35 players on the first person server.. i am not a KoS player but i have to say i am dying to try out a stun baton on someone ( i assume it does shock damage so will knock them out rather than kill them ??)

I'm looking at about 160 player slots full in my region.

Oh thank god, I am usually on an AUS or Singapore server, does me much better than any in the western USA for some reason, too bad there aren't any Japanese servers....