haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

The bells, the bells....

I hope you are right, the good thing in the mod was you knew what time it was, now when are we getting watches and why is time not working ?

Alpha !

New goal ingame: check the bells.

ChuckAECBox.png

Bells?

• Like 2

They just keep making themselves look better and better. This has been a week I'm sure they will be trying to erase from memory.

Edited by JubeiDOK
  • Like 1

I have tested this crash and validated it. I do apologize if this has been mentioned before, after discovering it, i felt the urge to immediately come and report it.

So stay away from the canned tuna, after opening a can of tuna (the can that dosnt need to be opened using a tool) and then right clicking on it crashes back to windows saying "This program has stopped working"

Hope it has helped :)

Known issue. Feel free to check the other one's as well:

Issues:

Loot in containers is not visible after server restart

Broken shadows

Weapon switch during melee attack

During ammo ejection crash

Right click on opened Tuna, Sardines or Spaghetti crash

Melee attack with Can Opener crash

wet statuses on clothes are not showing up in UI updated

items visually stays in hands during throw animation

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2g492j/experimental_servers_going_offline_in_next_few/

I actually a bit shock that no one have mention the "Private" Hive server yet...64 players one.. didn't play myself.. but is there for testing.

Had a chance to play but the patch is far from stable at this point:

-many times lost connection with servers, had some CTD's

-I still hear random sounds, now with an occasional gunshot (but less then before)

-zombies still go through closed doors

-found a goat standing but not animated, could quarter it so it seemed to be dead already

-as mentioned before: the vast majority of doors need to be closed before opened

-slow sidestepping with raised weapon is back (which I don't like)

-also metioned by others: found spaghetti, opened it, put on floor, "eat all" and CTD

+performance seems much better

+I like how the doors are open / closed randomly

+old but I didn;t mention before, I like how we go up stairs faster

+hypo / hyperthermia seems more balanced now

Edited by SAK

Is that a new feature of the current Experimental build?

Uhm what do you mean?

I just wanted to point out this vid because he is talking a lot about the current stable/experimental status and also about stuff like sound (doors etc.), zombie AI and lots of other stuff regarding the latest experimental release.

I noticed that it only had about 430 views on dev-tracker so i thought it would be nice to draw a bit more attention to that vid.

Did i do wrong? :blush:

I'm getting CTD every time I try and unload 7.62/39mm ammo from the SKS. I right click the remaining ammo in the gun hoping to reload 10 new rounds and BAM! CTD Every time.

I'm getting CTD every time I try and unload 7.62/39mm ammo from the SKS. I right click the remaining ammo in the gun hoping to reload 10 new rounds and BAM! CTD Every time.

Known issue. Feel free to check the other one's as well:

Issues:

Loot in containers is not visible after server restart

Broken shadows

Weapon switch during melee attack

During ammo ejection crash

Right click on opened Tuna, Sardines or Spaghetti crash

Melee attack with Can Opener crash

wet statuses on clothes are not showing up in UI updated

items visually stays in hands during throw animation

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2g492j/experimental_servers_going_offline_in_next_few/

Edited by ChainReactor

Why is Tuna can crash not effecting me ?

I've eaten several.

I am playing on same server (1st person DayZ US Northeast 0-8).

I've eaten several.

Maybe is the servers ?..i notice some of them was crashing a lot, or they weren't connecting to the hive.. the server i crashed on had a very low population, 10 of the potential 40.

Tuna does not seem a problem for me either, I did crash when opening a can of tactical bacon with a knife, and then crashed again trying to eat it.

I wonder if it also has something to do with server population. Having a pop above 20 seems to make everything worse.

I have tested this crash and validated it. I do apologize if this has been mentioned before, after discovering it, i felt the urge to immediately come and report it.

So stay away from the canned tuna, after opening a can of tuna (the can that dosnt need to be opened using a tool) and then right clicking on it crashes back to windows saying "This program has stopped working"

Hope it has helped :)

Psssst. It's not just canned tuna ;)

In between something for the eye (for those who didn't see it yet):

Was happy to see black ones in game too

XDgdBXO.jpg

This hat btw you can mend with the sewing-kit!

NvDKecA.jpg

And my favorite of the new "headgears"

pI1yQto.jpgXFdEN4b.jpg

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

Looks like the crashing on cans is is not tied to any sort, I experienced it now with spaghetti, tactical bacon and not on every server. Looks to me like a communication error with the server because it always happens when I see the "receiving" after I right click.

• Like 2

Spaghetti can never crashed me. 

Extending the new police baton crashes me though.

In between something for the eye (for those who didn't see it yet):

Was happy to see black ones in game too

*images snip*

What slot does the balaclava take up? hats or classes? (assuming hat unfortunately)

What slot does the balaclava take up? hats or classes? (assuming hat unfortunately)

not the hat slot (can wear them both but has terrible clipping) I assume it's the glasses/mask slot but I didn't really pay attention too it. I soon needed the balaclava for rags.

Played for a solid 2-3 hours, no crashes! I ate whatever i found, all sorts of cans and it was fine for me. Obviously there are bugs (I see the majority of the ones I experienced, mainly doors not blocking zombies, needing to "close" doors before you can open them, a lot of server resets, have already been well covered) but overall I think this is the most enjoyable update to date - i found the zombies, if not challenging, then at the least engaging and responsive - they even gave me a couple jump scares :P . Oh, and if you happen to be all alone in the scrub and think you can hear something running around but can't see anything, check in the grass... the bunnies make noise when they hop about (as do the other animals)! I thought I was being stalked... the one bug I found, which may be a long standing one I don't know, is that canceling action when applying a splint doesn't stop the animation, but does stop the splint being attached.

Finally, it is great the way the door sounds have such a impact on the game - I was in a barracks when I heard the doors down the corridor, which I had thankfully closed behind me, being opened one by one and getting closer... i freaked! Pulled out my sawed-off shotgun and pointed it at the door, I had seconds to decide what to do. So I called out and then cautiously showed myself, and then we made some small talk and finished looting the place together :).

Edited by Hoik
  • Like 3

It's getting very hard to play dayz on Exp servers, as over time the servers go down to the constant reset cycle making it almost impossible to play as the ones that are left are full funny old thing. I hope they sort this out soon. The day started off bad with a few stable servers, improved later on in the morning and now as far as I can tell only 1 exp 1st person server not in the constant rest cycle.

I've eaten several.

Got it crashing, yay !

I've balaclava + glasses + green builders hat.

• Like 1