DemonGroover

Stable - 0.47 Discussion

As a regional boxing champion in Berezino, I'm disappointed that it's so damn hard to hit zombies now.

It's like they're hitbox randomly morphs from a square to a tiny circle. My fists of fury connect only sometimes.

Otherwise, I do enjoy this patch very much. Watching a zombie's body roll down a hill is satisfying to say the least. :)

Somehow killing zombies with your bare hands seems unrealistic.

• Like 1

Isnt the same version for both exp and stable? Loot is not spawning in deers stands in stable for example and in exp it is.

Edited by Kumando

Are we in Q3 now? Or are we still in Q2?

As of August we'll be halfway through quarter 3 .. So we should see barricades or vehicles before Septembers end if all goes well ..

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

Isnt the same version for both exp and stable? Loot is not spawning in deers stands in stable for example and in exp it is.

Waiting for a Fix, possibly next week for Stable.

Actions: added Melee class to SurvivorBase

What is this?

I was wondering what this was as well ... Anybody know ?

I dont know about you, but i can hold it on it's mark without hassle. I know that sometimes it doesn't outright tell you, but you may have a fracture. I'd use a splint just in case, fixes my rifle sway 100% of the time.

This was thoroughly tested, i tried a splint and even used up an auto-injector, didn't make a difference, even tried different DPI settings on my mouse (200, 2000, 4000 and 6400dpi) i can manage to handle it at low dpi but thats just me compensating for the sway manually. Zoomed in at a target 100m out i get several yards sway on all axes, further out than that and it amplifies significantly, its like trying to LRS after a long distance sprint (which is fine if you have indeed been sprinting) but this is from a full rest ;)

Sometimes its fine (once straight after a relog, but I've tested enough now to know that that was merely coincidental) but the majority of the time its all over the place.

This is with mouse6, and 3 separate keys on a g13 bound to hold breath, and pressing combinations thereof.

Before when you held 2 or more hold breath keys it would diminish the effect, but when it goes wonky this time, it doesn't make a dent.

The only reason i extensively tested was because i had a fully geared toon stuck with a mosin/lrs/compensator combo (all in pristine condition) and a pristine PU scope in my backpack. Even iron-sighted the sway is insane.

Waiting for a Fix, possibly next week for Stable.

I was under the impression that experimental was under the same constraints as stable since yesterday (i.e. no persistence). Is this not the case? Is the build that the experimental servers are running somehow different from the stable ones?

This was thoroughly tested, i tried a splint and even used up an auto-injector, didn't make a difference, even tried different DPI settings on my mouse (200, 2000, 4000 and 6400dpi) i can manage to handle it at low dpi but thats just me compensating for the sway manually. Zoomed in at a target 100m out i get several yards sway on all axes, further out than that and it amplifies significantly, its like trying to LRS after a long distance sprint (which is fine if you have indeed been sprinting) but this is from a full rest ;)

Sometimes its fine (once straight after a relog, but I've tested enough now to know that that was merely coincidental) but the majority of the time its all over the place.

This is with mouse6, and 3 separate keys on a g13 bound to hold breath, and pressing combinations thereof.

Before when you held 2 or more hold breath keys it would diminish the effect, but when it goes wonky this time, it doesn't make a dent.

The only reason i extensively tested was because i had a fully geared toon stuck with a mosin/lrs/compensator combo (all in pristine condition) and a pristine PU scope in my backpack. Even iron-sighted the sway is insane.

Now I'm really going out far here, so don't start flaming, but it is a theory...

1. Currently my character does not get out of breath. After running around for a while, my aim is steady and I hear no breathing.

2. MAYBE (don't know) when logging out the "out of breath" state of your char is saved and reloaded when you log in again.

3. MAYBE after logging in you keep your log out value of sway and just like you are not getting out of breath, resting is also not working and you are stuck with what you had from the last logout before the update.

Ok, that sounds so far fetched I am tempted to delete it again. Ok, I'll cross it out...

Have you died and respawned since the update?

If not, maybe try it in the mode you don't usually use (I meand regular or hardcore, your alternate character) and see if the problem persists. Btw, I did not test with a Mosin, but AKM and AK101 with scope. But the Mosin guy I run with never complained, sooo...

Is the build that the experimental servers are running somehow different from the stable ones?

The build N° is the same, certain elements are not I believe.

I have not checked to see if the Exp servers are up and running or if they are using the same Hive.

The build N° is the same, certain elements are not I believe.

I have not checked to see if the Exp servers are up and running or if they are using the same Hive.

I haven't checked that yet myself because I haven't had the opportunity. When 0.46 was pushed to stable, I wasn't even able to use my experimental character until 0.47 came out the next day -- it defaulted to the stable character even when I had "beta" set up on Steam.

Edited by Tatanko

Keep shift pressed. It is working for every stance

How do I make jogging the default when pressing w? Like how it used to be?

Billyboblikespie, on 31 Jul 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:snapback.png

Actions: added Melee class to SurvivorBase

What is this?

I was wondering what this was as well ... Anybody know ?

yeah.. ?!?

Edited by dawud
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the hard work, devs!

I'm amazed at how the long time complainers, still keep complaining.... /insert rant

This game is a "work in progress".

Nothing released at this stage is aimed at "customer satisfaction" because there is no finished product.

Our SUPPORT of DEVELOPMENT is what has brought us this far and is what will see DayZ through to it's completion.

Patches are going to break things FOREVER.

It is through the process of progressive development that all bugs and glitches become fixed and eventually (hopefully) a high level of stability is achieved.

/end rant

• Like 1

Walking up/down stairs now is the most tedious thing ever. It was slow enough before, but now its even worse. WHY

Edited by MagneticToast

I think the weapon sway in this game is completely unrealistic. Weapons are not that hard to aim, even for novices, espcially when lying prone. I think from a prone position there should be nearly to no sway at all. Obviously if you have been running and aim a large weapon like a mosin whilst standing yes, but an m4 for example is a light gun and even out of breath is possible to aim accurately.

I think the weapon sway in this game is completely unrealistic. Weapons are not that hard to aim, even for novices, espcially when lying prone. I think from a prone position there should be nearly to no sway at all. Obviously if you have been running and aim a large weapon like a mosin whilst standing yes, but an m4 for example is a light gun and even out of breath is possible to aim accurately.

you may have a armfracture. at the moment, there are no indication that the arm is broken. try to apply a splint or morphine.

Somehow killing zombies with your bare hands seems unrealistic.

Not if you cave their heads in.

Your hands might be a mangled pie of flesh and bones, but trauma to the brain should be effective.

Since it's a system in the game, I'd expect for it to work. These knuckles get bloodthirsty something fierce! Otherwise, they can just take it out, and I'll retire my title. Heck, Breaking Point and Overpoch don't have Hand to Hand combat, so it's not like we NEED boxing.

But oh is it ever fun. :)

Not if you cave their heads in.

Your hands might be a mangled pie of flesh and bones, but trauma to the brain should be effective.

Since it's a system in the game, I'd expect for it to work. These knuckles get bloodthirsty something fierce! Otherwise, they can just take it out, and I'll retire my title. Heck, Breaking Point and Overpoch don't have Hand to Hand combat, so it's not like we NEED boxing.

But oh is it ever fun. :)

I definitely think that boxing matches between two players should still be a thing, it just seems odd to me that you would fight a zombie that way :p

• Like 1

The items are spawning already on stable?

Yes they are spawning

I definitely think that boxing matches between two players should still be a thing, it just seems odd to me that you would fight a zombie that way :P

Haha, it's funny: whenever I stream, chat is always like "take out the pickaxe" or "hit him with the axe."

I just enjoy knocking them out with my bear fisticles. In a "real" zombie apocalypse, it's probably the worst idea ever. You'd most likely get infected and end up eventually losing the match.

But in-game? It's actually a lot of fun to punch a zombie repeatedly. I've taken on up to 3 zombies at once and killed them all with just my fist cannons. It's good stuff. ;)

• Like 2

Great patch...

My only issues are the ridiculous weapon sway ( I'm completely healthy and even used a "just in case splint" which changed nothing)

The crouch walk, . 46 had it perfect in my opinion

I was startled but pleased to see the hyper aggressive zeds everytime I fired my weapon. I was in the forest and killed a random zed, crouched down to check my map and another one attacked me out of no where, then another after that.... Not even close to a town good stuff.

This patch is the worst I have ever played. The below applies for Hardcore servers.

The zombies are incredibly imbalanced - they can see you from hundreds of thousands of miles away. Basically if you start fighting one zombie, you will wake up with 200 more in about a few seconds.

Also, now that they can navigate through buildings, they have a new super power - they can hit you from the floor below. Basically I died because some invisible zombie from downstairs was hitting me somehow.

I don't want to let my frustrations exaggerate how bad this patch is but I just want to point out that the game is now unplayable. It's OK that zombies are starting to become a real threat, but things need to be balanced.

One of my friends who also plays the game pointed out that in this patch zombies seem to see him from hundreds of miles away and they come running. Crouching or trying to be stealthy makes no difference.