DemonGroover

Stable - 0.47 Discussion

The zombie issue is on the new stable release because I never noticed it on experimental. It makes it unplayable until you find a gun and then shooting draws swarms of zombies to you. If they knew melee targeting was out then it should never have been released as a stable build.

If they knew melee targeting was out then it should never have been released as a stable build.

I'm rather surprised 0.47 was moved to stable as well (especially without persistence), but breaking a major component like melee is nothing new. We've dealt with essentially the same problem before, though the reason was probably different this time.

Im surprised.... why the hell did they add more weapons to the game? ..... God Damn IT.... All I ever wanted.....was.... CRAFTABLE arrrows ffs.... WHY... i taught it was gonna come from itself and that i dont need to suggest it.... but no.... add more weapons to the game, make it more towards the shooter part and go away from survival....why no craftable arrows? WHy do you still want to push players towards cities where they kill eachother? Survival should mean self sustaining yourself, and you were so close, hunting and fishing in the game we just needed a way to make our tools..... But no we still have to go to cities, cities should be almost certain death with lots of zombies( i know how impossible that dream is ) rifles and bigger caliber guns should be ultra rare in badly damaged conditon and they should jam after usage, finding a worn pistol and a mag would be the best thing ever, and instead it should be like going in the woods and scavenging food , hunting, and fishing ! Thats how it should be, when i see people with their inventories FULL of bullets over bullets over bullets and if youll go to Berezino.... well #campfest2014 ....its just sad how people just want to kill, well just go play arma or something...ooh the gunplay? you like the gunplay? i agree, its really good....I guess in th end well have special servers that give you what weapons you want and put you into a limited area and bam deathmatch , those servers of course would always be full....so sad.

• Like 2

Is "Dynamic Loot Spawning" in ? 

As stated by Hicks patch notes, or was that a typo?

• The map shows the location of the player in yellow in regular mode
1: wrongly mentioned in the Changelog of 0.46.124490 2: actually added in 0.46.124490

Not from the thread but from the wiki according to it this has been in since 0.46 , from what i can see its in but not enabled since i had the N map of Chernarus and i knew where i was but the map wasnt showing me where i was in yellow or anything, so what does it actually mean, also maybe it needs the map to be complete ? (N+S maps combined?) But i dont think you can combine the two complete maps....

Not from the thread but from the wiki according to it this has been in since 0.46 , from what i can see its in but not enabled since i had the N map of Chernarus and i knew where i was but the map wasnt showing me where i was in yellow or anything, so what does it actually mean, also maybe it needs the map to be complete ? (N+S maps combined?) But i dont think you can combine the two complete maps....

The wiki isn't an official changelog and is often full of guess work or falsehoods. The map doesn't show your location and isn't supposed to. Stick to the official sources if you want reliable information.

• Like 1

Just went in for a few minutes, melee seemed to be a little better concerning hitting things than experimental, BUT I only killed a few zeds, I might be wrong. Now as bambi without a good melee weapon that might be a problem.

If someone finds a weapon that works well (there might be differences), please tell.

Ok, things I have noticed.

For me atleast, Zed hit detection/location has not been so bad, they are faster however. Makes them more of a threat.

Zed pathfinding - GREAT, I have not had a single Zed run through a wall or gate. They start using the doors now.

Got rid of the Sprint+Hold G/Throw Turn uphill and zip up glitch.

When Running with a melee weapon raised, the Character's footsteps are spaced out, very quiet. Even quieter and more stealthy than the usual jogging pace.

Movement does seem a little more clunky/sluggish. Though its not hard to deal with.

Noticed I cannot attatch a scope of any sort to the new carbine, no big deal.

Noticed that wooden floored tents are still spawning no loot

Noticed that the tops of the farmer's market stalls (blue and white) do not seem to be spawning civilian weapons and pistols like they used to. At least, I checked 10 in a row and didn't see a single firearm atop one.

Love the new bandanas.

Enjoying the new patch so far.

• Like 1

the 'this is alpha' splash should be changed to "DON'T USE THE AXE YOU'LL LOSE ALL YOUR GEAR AND DIE".

• Like 1

Why would you push an update to stable with melee not working.... I don't understand the logic.

• Like 1

anyone finding .45 ammo outside of magazines? I never did in experimental branch so wondering if its still M.I.A.

Axes are fine, melee is not that broken, any axe works just fine, and when you got it you just strafe around the zombies's first attack then you one shot him with the axe and problem solved.

BUGS & Glitches
When you drink on the well with akm in your hand. you cant shot after that.
zombies spawn in the trees.
zombies after he died, he can hit you.
Zombies roll down the hill when they died.
Zombies walkin through the wall(sometimes).
Zombies can hit you from downstairs.
You cant hear a gunshot from the partner or a explosion from the gas station.

Please fix that fast

• Like 1

Was playing with farming hoe today and i can tell that killing zombies couldnt be simplier so maybe only axes are broken

waited 10 minutes on some loot to respawn in the piano house.  don't think its in stable yet.

Jesus. The clothing in the game needs to look more rugged. All those new bandanas are way too bright.

waited 10 minutes on some loot to respawn in the piano house. don't think its in stable yet.

I highly doubt ten minutes is what it takes for all the items to respawn ...

-quote-exorade

Jesus. The clothing in the game needs to look more rugged. All those new bandanas are way too bright.

-Quote-exorade

As far as I know the apocalypse happened not months before and many people died instantly most likely leaving plenty of fresh clothing behind that would have mere dust on it as long as it wasn't in the street..

Edit: sorry for the second quote , couldn't get it to actually quote box as I'm on my phone .

Edited by Grapefruit kush

The wiki isn't an official changelog and is often full of guess work or falsehoods. The map doesn't show your location and isn't supposed to. Stick to the official sources if you want reliable information.

The wiki as a whole is generally very accurate, but the changelog (particularly the "Undocumented" section) can be hit or miss. Then again, the official change log is often wrong or omits things as well... so which is worse?

Axes are fine, melee is not that broken, any axe works just fine, and when you got it you just strafe around the zombies's first attack then you one shot him with the axe and problem solved.

I kind of figured it was just people whining. The technique you described (strafing around the zombie and hitting them that way) is pretty much how it should always be handled, whether melee is working properly or not.

• Like 2

I'm glad it doesn't. couldn't test it yet and someone took it directly from dayztv. I personally first want to see some proof before I place it in there.

If only more people would help and test for the Wiki, maybe then we could have known that the AKM buttstock could be painted Camo in a week after release instead of this week,,, 2-5 man just aint enough.

I highly doubt ten minutes is what it takes for all the items to respawn ...

is there a benchmark from the experimental servers on the time frame of loot re-spawn?

If only more people would help and test for the Wiki, maybe then we could have known that the AKM buttstock could be painted Camo in a week after release instead of this week,,, 2-5 man just aint enough.

Yeah, there are only maybe a half-dozen people or so that I see regularly contributing. I haven't done as much in the last month or so because July has been very busy for me, but I'm usually adding/fixing/etc. on the daily. I even began playing experimental once in a while to aid in my ability to contribute. I try to be as accurate as possible, but despite that I would still feel better if there were more people fact-checking my work.

You didn't know about the camo AK buttstock? I've been rocking one on my AKM for a few weeks now, but I figured it out on my own. I guess I just assumed it was on the wiki since there are other people who usually beat me to the punch on that kind of thing (I'm usually the one adding location data and images, i.e. towns, key locations, etc.).

• Like 1

Yeah, there are only maybe a half-dozen people or so that I see regularly contributing. I haven't done as much in the last month or so because July has been very busy for me, but I'm usually adding/fixing/etc. on the daily. I even began playing experimental once in a while to aid in my ability to contribute. I try to be as accurate as possible, but despite that I would still feel better if there were more people fact-checking my work.

You didn't know about the camo AK buttstock? I've been rocking one on my AKM for a few weeks now, but I figured it out on my own. I guess I just assumed it was on the wiki since there are other people who usually beat me to the punch on that kind of thing (I'm usually the one adding location data and images, i.e. towns, key locations, etc.).

Saw it in the AK101 video last week for the first time and then needed to test it before I could confirmed it.

Great patch, very well done. I like very much the new controls. Shift key can be used to speed up in any position even in prone.

Zombies are much much better.

I see that you can no longer click the TAB key when you are speeding. That means that you can no longer reload your weapon while running at full speed unless you slow down for a few seconds, press the tab key and then continue running using shift key. To make the inventory disappear you have to slow donw again (raise the shift key) then press TAB.

While I agree that you can hardly reload a weapon while running at full speed, something here is not quite well because the game allows loading the weapon when speeding but you have to trick the game to let you display the inventory menu.

Another thing, while you hold your weapon raised but not looking through iron sight you have the same slow movement as if you look through iron sight. I strongly recomend to fix this because is not even real, I can move very quickliy with my pistol while pointing toward my enemy (when he's very close) without looking through iron sight. It's called muscle memory.

Saw it in the AK101 video last week for the first time and then needed to test it before I could confirmed it.

It's pretty nice, huh? My AKM is fully kitted along with a camo buttstock and I love it. I only wish you were able to paint the base gun and get rid of the brown wooden grip as well. I'd love to be able to camo that or black it out.