trimpampano

Has DayZ ever gotten you in real world trouble?

MzMECVM.jpg

I was browsing the DayZ subreddit when I came across this meme shown above. It got me curious and sparked a question, has DayZ caused anyone real world trouble? Well I am here asking you guys on the forum now. Have you ever had real world trouble while playing DayZ?

• Like 4

One of my members answered the phone at work with "Beck's Privateers Support Line"

• Like 4

There's a video somewhere.. Can't remember her name, But she was a somewhat large streamer at the time, Kept screaming " Don't kill me " , Her neighbours called the cops, They wanted to go into her house and have a look around..

• Like 1

with myself and parents, especially during exams term...

Yes, with the wife. Couple weekends ago I think I put in a solid 8 to 9 hours and she was far from impressed.

I would go as far as saying she was 'unimpressed', even moreso when I started sharing stories about my in game adventures over dinner.

I think I need help...

• Like 11

i wanted to send my friend a message that i have a full ammobox of m4 ammo for him. i used facebook and got the wrong adress....

needless to say that the guy that got the message was clearly a bit confused and concerned that i am some kind of "amok runner"  :lol:

police didnt show up yet but i bet the nsa got their eyes on me now  B)

• Like 1

you mean you dudes still have something to do with 'the real world' ?

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

Often get wife agro! Worst then zombies...

• Like 8

I poke my head around corners before I walk around them. It gets strange looks, but at least I don't bump into people at the supermarket.

I got involved in a super long firefight one time that lasted about 3 hours and ended up forgetting to give my woman sexy-times.

I kinda got in trouble for that

• Like 6

I got involved in a super long firefight one time that lasted about 3 hours and ended up forgetting to give my woman sexy-times.

I kinda got in trouble for that

You need help! Lol no but really never pick video games over sexy time

• Like 1

Meh sometimes you just get so enthralled in the action things get forgotten ha

• Like 1

i work a lot in forests and after playing dayz constantly for a few days i got the "dayz scanning treeline and everything" paranoia at work. when i saw a deerstand i thought a few seconds about the loot i will find there.

Quite the opposite, actually.

Y'see, DayZ allows me to vent otherwise dangerous emotions online in a harmless manner.

Hell, without DayZ I'd be doing 5-10 for domestic abuse.

I wish I had've been playing DayZ a few years ago... my overly vocal mother-in-law would still be with us.

(They could never prove my whereabouts.)

• Like 3

every time I say "yeah, yeah just lemme find a safe place to log out...."

• Like 3

Just the mention of DayZ gives my wife the shits.  :huh:

With the wife, yes.

Oh I am so with you, she says I act like I am back in Iraq when I am in game.  She really, really hates me playing DayZ.

• Like 2

This one time I walked down the road and saw a shifty looking guy. So I stood still, threw my hands up and shouted at the top of my lungs "FRIENDLY!" I only had blue jeans and a red T-shirt on, no weapons.

Then I realised I was stood in Manchester, England.

• Like 2

easy to say when you got 20-30 years and young, sweet wife. Trust me, after 40 it is not so obvious :D

I play with headphones, and my wife has heard a few one-sided interactions that could be considered quite negative. One such encounter involved a point blank execution of a corner camper that blasted me with a shotgun, ruining my clothes. I talked to him for a minute telling him that shotguns were broken, it didn't even make me bleed, etc. She walked in and only heard me telling the guy that he ruined my shirt, and then I shot him in the head. I got a little lecture about how the game brings out the worst in me and that I had just executed a stranger over a shirt.

• Like 1

every time I say "yeah, yeah just lemme find a safe place to log out...."

if they knew there aren't any actual safe places to log out, they would flip you off xD

I play with headphones, and my wife has heard a few one-sided interactions that could be considered quite negative. One such encounter involved a point blank execution of a corner camper that blasted me with a shotgun, ruining my clothes. I talked to him for a minute telling him that shotguns were broken, it didn't even make me bleed, etc. She walked in and only heard me telling the guy that he ruined my shirt, and then I shot him in the head. I got a little lecture about how the game brings out the worst in me and that I had just executed a stranger over a shirt.

he deserved it

Edited by Zombo

easy to say when you got 20-30 years and young, sweet wife. Trust me, after 40 it is not so obvious :D

my wife is over 40 and still so hot that if u push her into a a swimmingpool the water starts to boil ! 

• Like 1