1. 1. How are we going to call the new types of Zeds

• Crawlers
    • Hoppers
    • Spider Monkeys
    • Chimps / Chimpanzeds
    • (Zombie-) Monkeys
    • Other (Post bellow)

UnlQzgql.jpg

I Have heard a lot of nicknames for these guys over the past dayz so I think it is time to settle on a name. Because it's going to take some time before the developers are going to give us a name.

Edited by basinox

They were always called hoppers in the mod so i will still call them the same thing.

• Like 1

They were always called hoppers in the mod so i will still call them the same thing.

Nah. Day one it was crawler zombies. :D

• Like 2

hopper

dish hopper?

I call them Zombie-Monkeys or just Monkeys personally. Hopper sounds nice but may be confused with server hoppers.

• Like 2

I call them Zombie-Monkeys or just Monkeys personally. Hopper sounds nice but may be confused with server hoppers.

added

In the Mod they did hop(hence the name hopper) but in the SA not so much. They do look more like Monkees running on all fours... Chimpanzed?

Edited by R.Neville

In the Mod they did hop(hence the name hopper) but in the SA not so much. They do look more like Monkees running on all fours... Chimpanzed?

that would be chimps, though i personally like your name better

Crawler? They never crawled. And in the mod they were hoppers, or monkeys..

Edited by AsOiX

They are bunnies that were high when they got infected....

• Like 1

Just call them "Pointless", until zombies become a threat  :P

• Like 3

Been calling them Hoppers since the mod, will be calling the hoppers forever, I am so glad they returned. Totally freaked out when this sneaky bastard jumped at me from a bush.

Just call them "Pointless", until zombies become a threat  :P

Hey, they have to add them to improve them, no zombies, no zombies to improve huh ;)

Nope, crawlers where actually the third more rare infected kind, they literally crawled over the ground, where the fastest in static motion, but slowest in running motion (hence they could not).

Been calling them hoppers for ages, so gotta go with hoppers. I do like the way they crawl on all fours in SA rather than actually hop %100 of the time until their aggro'ed in the mod.

My wife and I both instantly called them spider monkeys.. even though I am familiar with them from the mods as hoppers or crawlers.. but still.

SPIDER MONKEYS. 

I will ONLY refer to them as "Dennis" or "Dennises".

You can't call them crawlers, eventually there will be actual crawling zombies and then you'll look pretty dumb.

I'm calling them hoppers regardless of the amount of actual hopping compared to the mod.

Crawlers or Hoppers seem good.  Anything more than two syllables isn't convenient enough and bogs down communication.

Always called them monkeys myself and will continue to do so.

Definitely hopper, because that's what I called them in the mod

I think they should NOT give us a name and we shouldn't settle on a specific name.  Let players, or small groups of friends, name them as they want.  I'm fairly certain if we were to exist in a zombie apocalypse right now, the universal name would be 'zombie' because that's just how culture is nowadays but take The Walking Dead for example, zombie is not used and everybody seems to have a different name for them (walkers, biters, etc).  

I would like to run into a group of friendlies and be confused when they say "Chimp to the left" when I personally know them as crawlers.  

• Like 1