Sign in to follow this  
kataro

Dayz silent Knife Kills ?

It's possible  the dayz engine do knife kills, like CryEngine  or Frostbyte?

I'm sure a script could be made for it it, however, I think it would be very unlikely, Day Z tries to break away for the standard, IMHO

You serious? Sorry, but this isn`t a Egoshooter, where u are able to get on a 16 Killstreak. This is Dayz. A SURVIVAL GAME! Why the hell do u want to have this? I dont get it.

Well its no wonder, DayZ  right now is heavily PvP based, but come on, dont try to turn it in a Egoshooter. You have to be Patient and try to wait for a mistake from ur Opponent to kill him in Combat (if he carries a gun).

So to sum it up, I hope not and if so, i hope they will not add it ingame.

• Like 1

I think I should definitely be able to toss me knife in someone's toe and kill him instantly.

• Like 9

I think I should definitely be able to toss me knife in someone's toe and kill him instantly.

Not to turn your joke into a serious topic, but I honestly want to be able to throw my kitchen knife and hurt someone (Not kill, absolutely not kill). Like imagine it, you're friend running in circles while you play you're carnival knife toss game. It'd be loads of fun ;)

Ok its a survival game. But a knife  will can be a good survival tool to kill a zombie in silence or a last line of defense against an aggressor.

PS. Sorry my english is very poor :(

Not trying to be funny or anything, but you're definitely not going to be able to toss your knive at anyone without a lot of practice.

I quit playing COD to play DayZ. This is not what DayZ needs, trust me. Even though Kickilron's initial post was funny, it is exactly what we don't want DayZ turning into.

And shame on you OP for posting a Battlefart video in a Bohemia forum. Arma 3 smokes that junk completely and don't even get me started on the new Battlefart beta. Its like a step above APB. 

I see no problem with being able to easily kill someone with a knife from behind, seems pretty logical to me. The game could do with some more melee dynamics, even emphasise the stealth element of the game a bit more.

I don't really understand why people jump to conclusions and immediately shoot down a potentially good idea.

• Like 3

Not to turn your joke into a serious topic, but I honestly want to be able to throw my kitchen knife and hurt someone (Not kill, absolutely not kill). Like imagine it, you're friend running in circles while you play you're carnival knife toss game. It'd be loads of fun ;)

Have you thrown a knife before?

1) A knife designed for use in the hand is most decidedly going to not be balanced for throwing

2) Even if you do have a throwing knife, it will take WEEKS of practice to get it to hit point-first, from more than one distance. (A know a kid from summer camp, bought a throwing knife set at the beginning of summer. Took him 6 weeks to be able to stick a knife within a 5 foot circle from 15 feet away consistently. When he moved closer or further away, he always missed)

3) Throwing a knife as a weapon is stupid. For more damage, throw a rock. For more accuracy, use an arrow. For both, use a bullet.

• Like 1

I do think that this would be interesting, but not really possible.

I play a game (more of a mod) for Mount and Blade Warband called Brytenwalda, and in-game you get some serious damage bonuses for attacking from behind. Maybe this could be implemented in-game, to partially make melee weapons more valuable as stealth-and-ambush weapons?

I don't want some super flashy fancy stealth kill animation like from battle field but i would not mind what Whyherro123 brought up. It would be nice to see melee weapons, atleast small ones like knives made viable as a quiet weapon.

You can throw any knife with dead precision with some practice. Doesn't matter if it is balanced for it or not it all depends on how much practice you spend with it. I've seen my father throw his hunting/skinning knife 20 yards away with perfect accuracy. Its all a matter of practice. Still would enjoy sneak kills though.

You can throw any knife with dead precision with some practice. Doesn't matter if it is balanced for it or not it all depends on how much practice you spend with it. I've seen my father throw his hunting/skinning knife 20 yards away with perfect accuracy. Its all a matter of practice. Still would enjoy sneak kills though.

Yes, practice. Time and effort that would be much better worth spending on some worthwhile skill, like archery, firearms, hell, even firebuilding, with the state I've seen some supposed "wilderness trained" Scout leaders.

And, 20 yards? 20 yards is goddamned 60 feet! Most of the people I've seen (granted, Boy Scouts = young, innattentive hyperactive boys, but still) can't consistently get an arrow cluster on target on a 10 yard range, without a week of practice!

Either you are pulling 60 feet out of your ass, or your dad needs to join the Delta Force. Seriously.

There is a reason throwing knives have, aren't, and never will be a viable weapon; literally everything else is either easier to use, more dangerous, more accurate, or a combination of all three.

• Like 2

I don't think you should be able to throw your knife, or if you do it'll have a very very low possibility of doing damage. I also don't want the knife melee to turn into something akin to CS or CoD as I have always felt these ruin those games. You wouldn't be able to do one or two random close range slashes and kill someone in real life, especially if your target was wearing layers of clothing.

However that said, I do think a close range melee attack from behind with the knife should be possible. It should be quite involved though, and certainly shouldn't be instant. After all if you crept up behind someone and slit their throat that would be a very effective instant death. To keep it from becoming to unrealistic the knife attack needs to be difficult to pull off, not guaranteed to work and take a few seconds to pull of the full move. 

I am sceptical whether the move should work on zombies or at least have that much effect.

• Like 1

Stealth kills are confirmed, but will most likely involve lots of stealth management and be nearly impossible against an aware player.

The framework for throwing items is in the game.  We have to see where it goes from there.

Realisticly, I think throwing heavy and sharp objects will be a viable tactic in the future.

Heck, I've already thrown flares as a distraction.

LOL no!!!!  I dont want nothing like COD or BF4,  I am looking for a  animation  like a  ambush, 

Like this fast and silent, forget  stealth mode part. A ambush from behind, you must be very close.

LOL no!!!!  I dont want nothing like COD or BF4,  I am looking for a  animation  like a  ambush, 

Like this fast and silent, forget  stealth mode part. A ambush from behind, you must be very close.

Will be abused and exploited.

Now instead of bambies playing knock out game they will sprint with knives, circle around geared players and "ambush" them.

• Like 2

Not trying to be funny or anything, but you're definitely not going to be able to toss your knive at anyone without a lot of practice.

Actually, you can toss your knife with no practice at all. The question is the effectiveness of the throw. Should we be able to take our knife into the woods, practice 100 times, and come back and be pretty deadly? Same for sniper rifle. Should you get better as you practice more? Too many questions, and not enough answers.

i dislike animations that take control of character like knife take down or whatever, a la bf3/4

animation for eating and whatever is cool, but for combat, no, just a normal knife melee animation, that either hits or doesnt is better i think.

anything taking control of my characters movement during combat is not good.

i play dayz because i want to get away from battelfield

• Like 2

What they need is different attacking animations and the way they damage someone. Right now you can only slash someone from the top, which will most likely hit the back of their heads instead (Knife not being heavy enough to really do any damage to your skull)

Now, if we add stab attacks, you could stab someone in the neck. This would obviously cause more damage, but only if you aim there. In my opinion there is no need to make special Battefield Rambo knife silent kills, they just need more options for the melee system.

Matter of fact you can already attack an armed player while he's prone and bang him over the head a couple of times, I've seen that even on video. Guy attacked with a shovel and knocked him out.

• Like 1

They should add to the humour that most people wont be good at knife throwing that you hit the target with the back end or side of the knife sometimes.  Funny for the target to turn round, look at the ground, pick up the knife and throw it back at u.

being able to silently slit a snipers throat that you sneak up on or stealth take down a zombie is a huge part of survival. Having to constantly beat a zombie to death with a bat would make all other zombies aware. A proper stealth system in this game is sorely needed.