leefriendfield

Do you want the new version of NEAF?

Do you want the new version of NEAF?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the new version of NEAF?

Here are some pics: http://imgur.com/a/N0exK

I am excited for this its time to kick and force players inland to keep em off the coastline allowing for player interaction inside the map.

• Like 2

Yeah, every intention to drive people inland worked in the past and so it will in the future :rolleyes:

I´ve voted "yes"! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I feel like it's going to bring back the X ----> Balota airfield ----> PvP area ritual.

• Like 1

I feel like it's going to bring back the X ----> Balota airfield ----> PvP area ritual.

As long as it forces players to head somewhat inland I will be happy.

Im all for neaf being civilian but......

Now with people in my western woods, I'm actually on my guard when I leave my log in/out shed.

• Like 2

Needs to be a few crashed planes strewn about.

Parts lying all around from the crash.

Should have kept one hanger and just had a plane inside and no loot.

An airfield needs a hanger :)

Like it!

Also loving the new inland spawn locations.

• Like 1

Needs to be a few crashed planes strewn about.

Parts lying all around from the crash.

Should have kept one hanger and just had a plane inside and no loot.

An airfield needs a hanger :)

Like it!

Also loving the new inland spawn locations.

Yeah, I agree. Throw a hanger in there, all they spawn is boots and rifle attachments anyways. Nothing gamebreaking, and infinitely more realistic.

• Like 1

Of course yes I want , currently NEAF and other airstrips are so basic they should do same thing with other airstrips too.

Absolutely. It's a fantastic change, and it will be much better once the final version with a civilian ATC tower and other stuff is ready.

Can't wait for the inland part of the map seeing some traffic again. I hope the next town they add up north is in the northwest instead of the northeast, then they can keep building east from there instead of what they're doing now, building from the coast and east.

Looks much better! I like that more now :)

Btw is this in experimental or where did you get those pics?

Edited by St. Jimmy

Balota should be turned into a civil airfield also ...

Balota should be replaced by a marine military base. With a huge harbour, new buildings and some military ships about in the water. Might even put some of them a short swim off the shore. We have enough airfields, one military and one civilian is more than enough.

Edited by overdosed
  • Like 4

I'll miss the neaf tbh. I think we'll have a lot of unintended consequences from this change. 

This whole thing of people should be forced away from the coast doesn't make sense to me. That's not reality as evidenced by so many major cities being ports and not in the middle of no where. 

I honestly think a lot of this "force everyone to the nwaf" is nostalgia for the mod. 

Edited by freethink

Imagine how fulfilling and over the top FUCK YEAH this game would be if devs removed all but 5km from the coast----->inland.

Maybe add military buildings in EVERY village/city/town and  implement kill counters on HUD!

/bittersarcasm

What fun it will be when these city folk finally make it to my Western Woods;)

• Like 2

Please come inland! I prefer PvP in cherno / elektro / balota / big airfield... Than berezino and berezino and then berezino with neaf

I don't tend to go there, the wide open airport on the hill is a big no-no for people that want to stay alive. :P This new one looks cool though, maybe people will have to come inland more!

• Like 1

Here are some pics: http://imgur.com/a/N0exK

I am excited for this its time to kick and force players inland to keep em off the coastline allowing for player interaction inside the map.

It looks awesome, but I don't see how this will change anything. It looks like you will find just as much gear as in the old airfield. Just a different aesthetic setup.

I never really liked the NEAF airfield anyways. Too many players and not enough gear to be worth the risk.

I am not opposed to the NE and balota airfields being turned into civilian airports.

• Like 2

This is probably part of the first steps to making military gear rare as hens teeth. It's a good thing.

i am confident that what the game designers choose to do with the map will be good, were all playing the game, we all must rate it thats why were here.

i think that discussion and constructive criticism is good, i also think that we can believe that this team are not going to try to make the game worse for the people who have supported it up to now, by making any stupid design choices,

for me i knew just from playing the map, since a long time ago, that the map was heading for an east to west vibe, and for now thats what were getting,

when i see this news definite about ne airport will be civilian, i just think "ok thats what it will be" i dont think oh thats bad design choice or good design choice, i just think ok, that willbe the game they are desgning,

maybe im not explaining what i mean well, but i think sometimes we can just let the team make the game, not demand what we want, even if this topic is not demanding something, the title comes across that way. like " we know whats best" but we dont know every single thing they plan or idea about, so everything does not always make sense to the player in testing. we just play-test what they put out in update

I hope they will redo Balota airfield as well though.

Also I think that biggest drive for players to move inland will be only after we have wider loot tables.

I mean once jail buildings and police stations are spawning just smg's, pistols and shotguns, then maybe players will want to loot barracks & hunt for helicrashes more. That is ofc provided there will be better loot in barracks.

Edited by Hombre