kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Can i just ask what is the point in adding hunting and cooking right now?

So that it is shown to be well implemented and that the system works just fine, along with everything else that's added, before the balancing starts before eventually reaching the final balance of food spawning along with everything else?

And, even at the moment, I love hunting down animals or getting together everything needed for fishing and then enjoying the delights of a job well done. Not such a bad thing to go out and do something rather than just go from house to house looking for beans or tactical bacon until you die from being shot by someone going crazy in the towns.

• Like 2

do you know something about the akm? cause changelog only talks about the attachments

Added to the game

Also added a note about it to the undocumented changes

I'm not sure what you are after here. Its not going drop your beans, raise your weapon, aim at their head and instakill them for you. Chances are if you were chowing down on some beans, and someone popped around the corner three feet away with their weapon out, you'd be at their mercy. Its better to have the ability to do so than not, so I'm not sure what you are complaining about.

Yeah, I (as a relative freshspawn but with a backpack) was knocked out by a freshspawn while drinking a soda in exp. Cancel current action did not save me, even though I managed to take a step or two before everything went black. But it is nice to have, and longer actions, like "eat all" it could very well be a lifesaver, especially against surprise zombies.

Edited by BadAsh

You know some people actually choose not to go easymode in every game they play.

Do you use a gun? some would say that's easy mode, why should we have to make the game harder for us by not using what the devs give us in game? When all they have to do is lower food spawns.

OH THE FPS BOOST THOUGH!

I used to get 5 FPS (I'm not even joking) on .44 and now I am getting 40!

Just launched it, but at least it's playable for me! Will update as I play!

• Like 1

OH THE FPS BOOST THOUGH!

I used to get 5 FPS (I'm not even joking) on .44 and now I am getting 40!

Just launched it, but at least it's playable for me! Will update as I play!

Can you and those with same experiences also post what grapics cards you have, please? I have a HD 5770, can't recall the settings everywhere, but I never had anything below 15 or 20 fps anywhere with 1920x1080.

Edited by bautschi

Any news on loot respawn? I think I read a while back that it was being tested in exp 0.45,but haven't seen anything in changelog.

• Like 1

Can i just ask what is the point in adding hunting and cooking right now? There is no need to spend all that time of the fire and animals to hunt and cook when there is no need........sure we all will do it for a few times just to see it but thin..........its just in the game and no one will use it. Now for the reason why there is no need for it as the game stands - food is every where in the game, and it does not take much to keep you running, so i ask you would you rather chop a tree down, gather sticks and cloth to start a fire, than gather matches to light it, than go out and hunt a deer, be sure to have a knife on you....than get a cooking pot........and cook the meat...and be sure not to burn it...................... or would you rather just find a can of beans and eat it with only needing a way to open it. I love the idea of hunting and cooking your food but as is the game is not ready way to many food spawns making it a wast of time to hunt and cook, it will be fun the first few times. If they fix the food spawn to where it is hard as fuck to find a can of food than hell yes good move giving us fishing and hunting, but right now i think they just wasted a month of there time.

balance is not as important as testing,

i am shocked that you actually think what you typed makes sense or is relevant at all.

• Like 4

• Like 13

Don't know, what do you get, when you eat raw meat?

At the moment? Propapbly food poisoning or nothing. Since they didn't mention anything about diseases being added and this wouldn't be the first time they add a function to some medical equipment before adding the actual cause of the medical emergency to use it. For example the tinkture has been healing infected wounds for ages now but you can't get your wounds infected since it is not implemented yet. And it would be really weird if they would add such a major thing like diseases without mentioning about it in the changelog. Ofcourse I can be wrong about this and if I am, well all I can say is, how weird.

• Like 1

Can you and those with same experiences also post what grapics cards you have, please? I have a HD 5770, can't recall the settings everywhere, but I never had anything below 15 or 20 fps anywhere with 1920x1080.

I have a GTX 550Ti and I'm playing on 1920x1080 on 100% with V-Sync on;

I'm getting 45~50 FPS on fields and about 25~30 FPS on big cities such as Berezino.

Great improvement, to be honest. It was basically impossible to play back in .44

Quick thing, though, my game is still "crashing" from time to time, it doesn't stop working, but basically it minimizes DayZ and it only shows my Desktop but the game is still running and I can still do stuff on it. The only way to bring it back is to close it and start up again.

• Like 2

balance is not as important as testing,

i am shocked that you actually think what you typed makes sense or is relevant at all.

Thank you there for a minute forgot it was Alpha as well, if balance was not on the devs mine, than why is the m4 spawn lowered or now we all spawn at the east side of the map, or the twinks with bullet damage, or bags spawning in construction sites or over all bag spawn. but yes agree testing is over balance good thing we have exp branch, you go hunting and cooking see how long you keep doing it with the food spawn the way it is. Im not bashing the devs just wondering why they have not lowered the food spawn, when the game first cam out it was hard as hell to find food, and now that hunting is in they need to drop it back to make the things there putting in worth doing so they can TEST it with more stress than just a few doing it here and there.

• Like 1

Aha, gonna test out this one when i get home!!

Great Job BI !!!

gtx560M. Noticeable smoothness increase. is what I came here to comment on.

Thank you there for a minute forgot it was Alpha as well, if balance was not on the devs mine, than why is the m4 spawn lowered or now we all spawn at the east side of the map, or the twinks with bullet damage, or bags spawning in construction sites or over all bag spawn. but yes agree testing is over balance good thing we have exp branch, you go hunting and cooking see how long you keep doing it with the food spawn the way it is. Im not bashing the devs just wondering why they have not lowered the food spawn, when the game first cam out it was hard as hell to find food, and now that hunting is in they need to drop it back to make the things there putting in worth doing so they can TEST it with more stress than just a few doing it here and there.

ok, sure its easy to find food, but we are just testing the game in the way they want us to, they can alter loot spawn whenever they want to, when they think its right.

i find not hearing gunshots is what make the games difficult to play at times, but easy food? no problem here, we are just testing game, it really isnt an issue, because both know that it will change in future, and its not making the game unplayable.

• Like 1

Apparently after oddly spawning dead, and respawning on the coast and grabbing some stuff it started to get dark so I changed server because I wanted to go explore the new town in the daylight. But apparently your character gets wiped every time you change a server right now, I've had it happen twice now. Happening to anyone else?

Apparently after oddly spawning dead, and respawning on the coast and grabbing some stuff it started to get dark so I changed server because I wanted to go explore the new town in the daylight. But apparently your character gets wiped every time you change a server right now, I've had it happen twice now. Happening to anyone else?

Known issue : Player's next character will not be saved into database if he disconnects after death

:(  That's what happening to you, and anyone else in your situation. Hopefully this will get fixed pretty soon.

• Like 2

Known issue : Player's next character will not be saved into database if he disconnects after death

:(  That's what happening to you, and anyone else in your situation. Hopefully this will get fixed pretty soon.

Thanks Odin, guess I should have read better. I hope that gets fixed soon  :(

• Like 1

Nevermind, I've read the changelog again.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

How you know when is safe to disconnect then ?

If you died when the update came out your new character won't save until it gets fixed.

• Like 1

If you died when the update came out your new character won't save until it gets fixed.

So,if you die,it's basically a waste of time to respawn and play untill this is fixed right?

Great.

What is going on with aiming? since the patch my scope is making jumps like crazy! Is this intended?!?!?! This is retarded ! No rifle is moving that much when you are prone !!!

• Like 3