kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

U GOT A NEW PATCH!

Maybe people would like to be able to play it for more than half an hour before it crashes on them. It's cool if it has some flaws but so many things have broken with this being pushed to stable when it was pretty much ok on experimental.

• Like 2

goddamn this is not the endgame..

whining... whining... whining... thats all... goddamnnit!

U GOT A NEW PATCH!  Stop complaining and be glad the devs dont start random resets every week... its still an alpha...

Back to topic... thx devs great job as everytime had fun tonight!

No just no , after we tested experimental so long this is not acceptable at all . This time for once we have the right to complaing.

• Like 3

I think server admins have just been given full control and can do whatever they want to you now...

Like seriously it seems like it I've crashed to the desktop 4 out of 5 times, 1 of which was after probably not even a minute.

Also every time a zombie hits me I start bleeding, so much for random chance.

"it's an alpha" doesn't cut it, they took forever to get this patch "ready" and somehow it's very broken how did they not notice this many issues?

We are the admins of that server.... And admins get no control in game haha

I think server admins have just been given full control and can do whatever they want to you now...

Like seriously it seems like it I've crashed to the desktop 4 out of 5 times, 1 of which was after probably not even a minute.

Also every time a zombie hits me I start bleeding, so much for random chance.

"it's an alpha" doesn't cut it, they took forever to get this patch "ready" and somehow it's very broken how did they not notice this many issues?

Maybe people would like to be able to play it for more than half an hour before it crashes on them. It's cool if it has some flaws but so many things have broken with this being pushed to stable when it was pretty much ok on experimental.

No just no , after we tested experimental so long this is not acceptable at all . This time for once we have the right to complaing.

That's the thing about feedback, just after the servers came up, I could not stay on a server for more than 10 minutes, but since then I played hours. Six others played on regular, I played with 2 ppl on hardcore in our group. No one had any of those problems. While it is strange that many ppl now have crashes, none of the others on regular did. Now we three on hardcore had one crash, exactly at the same moment. Don't know what happened there and I did not have crashes like that before very often. For us everything was smoother, the inventory is sometimes stuck, but movement is way more fluid with hot keys or jumping.

Now I don't say you don't have those problems and that sucks. The question is now, why. But looking at our group I guess most do not have that trouble. Did you try experimental just before the patch with the latest changes? How was that?

We are the admins of that server.... And admins get no control in game haha

Aw...damn now I can't hope for nice admins not being evil to me :(  lol

Did you try experimental just before the patch with the latest changes? How was that?

I played quite a few hours on experimental and the only issue was the rubberbanding as well as the standard stuff like zombies it just seems to be since the update for me.

As for movement and hotkeys for me I think it might be slower, I was stuck holding an axe that wasn't there for like 10 seconds before he put it away then actually took the axe out(by which point I'd pressed 1 to take out my Mosin already)

My connection isn't all that great but it's consistent so it's not that.

It's just disappointing how poorly executed this patch seems to have been when it took so long.

EDIT I also can't turn wood in to firewood any more, just sticks. Before you could make it in to the blocks on experimental...do we just have to find them now?

Edited by UltimateGentleman

How you know when is safe to disconnect then ?

I assume you respawn first before disconecting.

• Like 1

Thx for the hacked mags, but now I have no ammo for my M4 anymore. Had an ammobox full of 60rnd stacks :/

All disappear with server response "<3" :/

Thats cus theres not meant to be 60 round stacks. Im no expert but i would imagine the glitch with 60 round stacks is partly to blame for the unlimited stack hack.

So I know that this forum is not for people to post about game crashes on but, its the only option i have seeing as how the feedback website wont let me put in my request for my problem.  Maybe somebody here can help.  The game worked fine before the .45 patch but now everytime i load in my character, in regular, it crashes.  Hardcore works but regular just wont work and i cant seem to get my character to reset. Anybody having the same problem and are there any solutions?

So I know that this forum is not for people to post about game crashes on but, its the only option i have seeing as how the feedback website wont let me put in my request for my problem. Maybe somebody here can help. The game worked fine before the .45 patch but now everytime i load in my character, in regular, it crashes. Hardcore works but regular just wont work and i cant seem to get my character to reset. Anybody having the same problem and are there any solutions?

Did you NOT read any of the preceding posts?

Go to page 1.

Read from there.

EDIT I also can't turn wood in to firewood any more, just sticks. Before you could make it in to the blocks on experimental...do we just have to find them now?

Well, no idea, maybe if enough ppl have those crash problems, they will find the problem and patch it soon. Concerning firewood, I never tried splitting it into blocks - I think that is what you are saying. On stable tonight I cut down a tree and used the unsplitted firewood from a cut tree directly for a fire, never thought about trying to split it before. For sticks I simply harvested a bush, but you surely know about that.

Well, no idea, maybe if enough ppl have those crash problems, they will find the problem and patch it soon. Concerning firewood, I never tried splitting it into blocks - I think that is what you are saying. On stable tonight I cut down a tree and used the unsplitted firewood from a cut tree directly for a fire, never thought about trying to split it before. For sticks I simply harvested a bush, but you surely know about that.

Well on experimental I believe it said "split in to quarters/halves(I forget)" so you got pieces of firewood but now it's just "split in to thirds"

I think they definitely need to make it a lot easier to get cooking and campfire related stuff, the way it is now it's like a million times easier to just find a can opener and get cans of food, I want to go fishing and hunting but who knows when I'll ever find some stones or a pickaxe...

Whereas the same houses that always have food unless already looted, still always have food.

What the hell? Did i miss that looking into a campfire bends time and space and turns your surroundings into the darkest of nights? rly?

Edited by Werodar

They have to many problems now...first when is make restart the server and we go to join again the same server make crash the exe..with message windows the dayz exe stopped working.

Second problem is when we loot some items after on a while we see we lost that items

Third problem is when we run and and rise the weapon up the weapon goes right and left like a hell

Forth problem is ww see one item they say is pristine we take it on our backpack after on a minute we see the is not pristine but is badly damage or damage item

and the last I see while we make and exit on game just one more again crash exe...the dayz have been stoped working

I think soon we wait some patch fixes

And in my opinion its very good all that new stuff but we need little more fixes!

What the hell? Did i miss that looking into a campfire bends time and space and turns your surroundings into the darkest of nights? rly?

Your eyes adjust, when you wait some time and don't look into a light source, your surroundings get brighter again. Worked before also with the gas lamp for example. Unless it is messed up and way stronger than before, it's a feature, not a bug.

• Like 1

Every system is different. It works fine on mine. Stable is stable for an alpha. 

The point is for us to endure bugs, regardless of the build, in order for them to fix them. 

Edited by Very Ape

Had a chock full inventory and not a single item deleted (that one I guess I got lucky not having anything that got resized)

but I still have 60 round stacks of 5.56 in my ammo box... 

Sardines and tuna everywhere now that we can actually see them!

Are there only certain trees you can chop? I hacked at one for a good minute and it didn't fall over or spawn any sticks in/around it. Need to use splitting axe maybe? I had firefighter.

I'll check out hunting this arvo

Just played for a few hours! Running speed and animations seem to have changed. Maybe it was just the speed that was changed and it makes it look like the animation is different. Either way I like it. Hard to say if it's TOO fast but it looks nice. The game seemed really smooth.

Had an ugly server crash but I'm not sure if that's a server problem or a patch problem.

Had a game crash where it just froze and I had to restart it. It happened once shortly after I got on and never happened again.

That movement when you're zoomed in is fucked. That needs to be tweaked a little bit.

Are there only certain trees you can chop? I hacked at one for a good minute and it didn't fall over or spawn any sticks in/around it. Need to use splitting axe maybe? I had firefighter.

I'll check out hunting this arvo

Are you using the action in the action menu or just hitting it with LMB? Make sure to use the "Chop Firewood" action, you can literally spam in like you can to drink water and it will fall over very quickly.

• Like 1

Are you using the action in the action menu or just hitting it with LMB? Make sure to use the "Chop Firewood" action, you can literally spam in like you can to drink water and it will fall over very quickly.

*facepalm* silly me overlooked that one. Yeah I was just hitting it lol, thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Only problem I have with this patch is the ridiculous amount of horizontal sway with the weapons.

• Like 2

So, first time I connected to a server I was stuck in "Please Wait" and a message like "your character could not be loaded and will be reset next time you reconnect". But, I reconnected (can't remember if the same server) and my character was not reset. Anyway I always get a message like "cannot load material file" and during the game play from time to time "no entry .../.../SmallFirePlace.brightness" or something. Am I the only one with this messages?

Also, right after I connected to a server my character was able to run with an unusual very high speed no matter if I was holding weapon in hands or not.

I made a fire place kit, added some wood to it, put it in my backpack and then saved my char. After I reconnected, the fireplace kit picture was changed to that of a fireplace kit without wood and when put to the ground, the ignite menu was missing.

I also have purple tint.

My game is crashing every time I exit the game with no exception.

Okay, then...

login, 1..2..3... fresh ...k i guess its bcause of patch, went to look for some new stuff, geared up, just about to go to AF near Krasnostav, looking for a fresh reset server to ensure some loot. Logging in, and the before char has been loaded (the one I had before patch). Saying okay, atleast I have my 2  guns, easier to survive trip to airfield. After not finding anything exciting / new, I decide to go check the new town (never played on EXP), after I arrive, i meet some guys, have some fun, checkout new buindings, found LongHorn etc... nice.... Time to try high populated server! So, relogging into something like that. I spawn with nothing, not a freshfag, I spawned right there where I disconnected but with no equipment, absolutely deleted inventory :D, only healthy/hydrated/energised survived... Saying "WTF must be a bug, gotta try another server", so do I... stuck please wait, for couple of minutes... "k", rejoining another server... But... The before character is loaded (the one I got after patching as a freshfag). Losing ideas, exiting.

Nobody experienced similiar? My friend reported me he had full gear moving from town to town when suddenly his inventory disappeared also :D

Played for a good 3+hrs this arvo. Not one instance of rubber banding although there were instances where I had to press toolbar buttons more than once, rarely more than twice. I'm liking using the binos crouched and prone as well as being able to moved while using them now. Chopping wood, killing cows, picking berries and having a grand 'ol time.

I haven't had a CTD at all nor have I seen this purple tint that some are talking about. Could it be due to video settings?

So far; for me anyway; this patch is running well and will test things further. 

So.. going to post a picture with that AKM? It's not in the patch notes and after several restarts I'm yet to see it, just lots of it's attachments.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=272678080

Gosh, anyone tried the Longhorn?

It sounds like a BEAST!

Edited by RoterBallon
  • Like 1