heroinaddict

Hire more staff!

I feel like the amount of money that you guys have grossed from the opening of standalone should make you want to increase the development team. The DayZ dev team is very undermanned for the amount of people that you need to please, hiring more developers would help immensely and we all know you have the money to do it. It is taking far too long for simple updates to go through and the more developers, the easier. I mean, you sold $5.1 million in a day, that should call for a higher staff team for the demand that the DayZ community has set out. I know multiple people who don't even play anymore because of the lack thereof of things to do. All there is, is PVP which gets annoying. Cars aren't even in sights yet as we only have a handful guns in the game ATM. And only a few of them are decent. Hiring some amazing coders to help you deal with server issues would help immensely and help the community stop complaining about simple fixes. I know this game is brutally hard to code, don't get me wrong. But the community base for this game is ridiculous and you guys need more staff to code this game.

The studio is now about 160 people we had a team building event last weekend.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/27uf74/rgames_rdayz_ama_with_rocket_dayz_is_moving_to_a/

That is more the enough, to create a good game.

Give them a chance to work together, they just started this giant project.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 3

Hello there

Hiring more people is not the sole answer and isnt how projects like this work in the real world.

You would think it would but it doesnt work out that way.

A quick analogy is "too many cooks spoil the broth".

i wont go into any more detail as this has been covered in depth elsewhere on this and other sites.

if it does help you they have recently hired a whole new team/studio, but essentially flinging cash at an issue doesnt fix it alone.

Rgds

LoK

This is precisely what they have been doing over the last three months or so, they even acquired another entire studio to work on the game. That means development slows a little because these people must be trained, become familiar with the engine etc.

• Like 2

The studio is now about 160 people we had a team building event last weekend. It is kind of crazy to see everyone in one spot.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/27uf74/rgames_rdayz_ama_with_rocket_dayz_is_moving_to_a/

So how much more you want?

/Mobile is so slow :D

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1

That is more the enough, to create a good game.

But imagine what they could do, if they had 900 people working on zombie path finding?!

• Like 4

Once again we get another post for the team to speed up. They will be done when they are done, why do people not get this? The need for more guns, bases and stuff is getting quite old, let them work on existing issues like zombie pathing, wall gliching and the exploits in the code people use to get scripted items like M4 magazines with unlimited ammo to name a few.

Your give it to me now attitude will be the downfall of standalone, a little wait for the stuff you guys need to make this game better will break the game even more, if given to you now then you will bitch because they can't fix the new issues in game fast enough. Yes Bohemia is taking their time producing this game, if you aren't happy, go play something else and thank you for donating $30 to the cause.

I'm sure if you take a bit of time off then come back you will see change although it more than likely won't be fast enough for you

• Like 1

I never would have guessed a thread by "heroinaddict" would go so far off the......tracks ;)

But no the quality of this thread definately lives up to your username

Hello there

Hiring more people is not the sole answer and isnt how projects like this work in the real world.

You would think it would but it doesnt work out that way.

A quick analogy is "too many cooks spoil the broth".

i wont go into any more detail as this has been covered in depth elsewhere on this and other sites.

if it does help you they have recently hired a whole new team/studio, but essentially flinging cash at an issue doesnt fix it alone.

Rgds

LoK

I take your proverb and raise it!

"Many hands make light work."

So if they hire 10,000 people the game will be finished in 2 weeks.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

you....

I take your proverb and raise it!

"Many hands make light work."

So if they hire 10,000 people the game will be finished in 2 weeks.

Kinda like the pyramids right?!?

I bet Rocket can use slave labour aswell.

• Like 1

This project started in August 2012. They haven't "Just started".

I think once they have finished getting the framework for the game (Server / Client architecture, rendering etc) finished or to a point they are happy with, I think updates like vehicles and weapons etc will come more frequently. Luckily I am a patient person so I don't really care when its done but that's just me :)

I feel like the amount of money that you guys have grossed from the opening of standalone should make you want to increase the development team. The DayZ dev team is very undermanned for the amount of people that you need to please, hiring more developers would help immensely and we all know you have the money to do it. It is taking far too long for simple updates to go through and the more developers, the easier. I mean, you sold $5.1 million in a day, that should call for a higher staff team for the demand that the DayZ community has set out. I know multiple people who don't even play anymore because of the lack thereof of things to do. All there is, is PVP which gets annoying. Cars aren't even in sights yet as we only have a handful guns in the game ATM. And only a few of them are decent. Hiring some amazing coders to help you deal with server issues would help immensely and help the community stop complaining about simple fixes. I know this game is brutally hard to code, don't get me wrong. But the community base for this game is ridiculous and you guys need more staff to code this game.

Not your problem, let them run their company how they wish mmmkay?

This project started in August 2012. They haven't "Just started".

*sigh*

Im not talking about the start of the standalone development, im talking about the start of the giant dev team we have now, which means they have gottan several 100% more resources.

They recently took in a huge chunk of people and bought another studio, so they need to learn to work together, before any kind content gets send our way, thats why the updates have been slow for the past 1-2 months.

If you spend time on the forums and read the devblogs, you would know this mate.

So yes, they just started working together, they need to figure out the best way to do this, and i bet alot of the new people need to learn exactly how to work with this engine, since its an engine only used by BI, which has "always" been a small development studio, if we arent talking about BI Simulations ofc.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

And other such things.

EA games must have lot of devs just to create crap as BF3-4 NFS FIFA etc etc etc  so .... quantity does not mean quality

Dean explained it perfectly well before the SA was released:

"Putting 5 pilots or 10000 pilots on an airplane won't make it any faster".

Let our devs buy some bugattis before they throw the money on some other devs  :beans:  :beans: