nexventor

DayZ moving to new engine - ENFUSION

Hello there

There is a lot of confusion as many might think DAYZ is moving to Crytek for example.

But when you play the final game it will be to all intents and purposes much more of a brand new engine than say a2-a3 is.

They're going to stuff (lever) so many things in I doubt it will be truly comparable to a vast degree.

that is my thinking as well.

everyone is saying but its still an A model engine so it cant be new

For people who don't know about DayZ much moving to a new engine and pretty much rip out of everything is what they've been doing for a while so he didn't misspoke. If you read only "DayZ moving to a new engine Enfusion, it's a complete rip out of everything, everything from a scratch" then you can misunderstand because you didn't read the whole thing and you don't think about the whole picture what is happening. They're not changing technology for something like CryEngine for example, they're using home tech and making new on top of old base. They're moving to a new engine and they have been doing that for a while.

There's no "misspoke". Period.

lol that is nonsense.

he never misspoke, people have to read his mind, they have to have read every tweet of his to put his interview in context. Don't be ridiculous fan boi lol

They're going to stuff (lever) so many things in I doubt it will be truly comparable to a vast degree.

If  I could tell you half of what I know you'd be happy/excited and I know very little but alas NDA's stop me, In fact I can hear a Blackhawk now, ive said too much.

I understand they have big plans but why would anyone get excited about them putting a Blackhawk in the game? I was expecting multiple helicopters, to be quite honest. Not just the heli crash sites. XD

Haha I think the only downpoint of DayZ are:

1. the clunky movements(new engine might fix this). Especially when you try out to sprint outside from a small house, you'll notice how bit difficult it is to get out through the door. 

2. desync(64bit server might fix this)? You headshot a person and you can see him dropdead after 1-2 seconds delay, hotbar lag issue,

3. Some 'action' animations take unnecessary bit too long(animation lock)

Haha I think the only downpoint of DayZ are:

1. the clunky movements(new engine might fix this). Especially when you try out to sprint outside from a small house, you'll notice how bit difficult it is to get out through the door.

2. desync(64bit server might fix this)? You headshot a person and you can see him dropdead after 1-2 seconds delay, hotbar lag issue,

3. Some 'action' animations take unnecessary bit too long(animation lock)

Im no expert but I don't think player movement has anything to do with the base engine, I'm not 100% but I have dabbled with the unity engine before and player movement on that comes down to coding and player controllers. With full control over the engine (which they never had with the mod) I would think they could change player movement however they want. Edited by Ricky Spanish

Im no expert but I don't think player movement has anything to do with the base engine, I'm not 100% but I have dabbled with the unity engine before and player movement on that comes down to coding and player controllers. With full control over the engine (which they never had with the mod) I would think they could change player movement however they want.

Congratulation you picked up the essential part that none of the "engine people" seems to get.

They can change the source code, anything they want literally, provided they have the right people doing it. All this engine talk is from people who have been modding things and only know game creation from this aspect, aka, working around the kinks of an engine you cannot modify.

• Like 2

I find it hard to search the internet for any enlightening information about this new "Enfusion" engine the game is moving to. Besides the name of the engine, dx11, 64 bit support and that it shares some part with RV i have to conclude that the community really knows nothing much more than that. Does anyone know more? technical information or such is helpful.

We know it really is not a new engine but instead an improvement and built upon the current engine.

This is actually good news as it means the modding community will continue to be as robust as ever and Dayz will not lose that mil sim feel of long view distance and gunplay.

We know it really is not a new engine but instead an improvement and built upon the current engine.

This is actually good news as it means the modding community will continue to be as robust as ever and Dayz will not lose that mil sim feel of long view distance and gunplay.

HA ive heard that before. So this is going to be a RV3.5. Same bad animations, uncomfortable controls, resource handling and my favourite franchise defining door open interactions

HA ive heard that before. So this is going to be a RV3.5. Same bad animations, uncomfortable controls, resource handling and my favourite franchise defining door open interactions

More like a branch of RV, which only caries over the basic algorythms in the core engine. When they are done with it, its gonna be so far from RV, it deserves its own name.

Everything else is being build from scratch, to meet the requirements of the game. Thats why we dont have respawning loot, respawning zombies, zombies at all actually, vehicles, and what ever else we had in the mod.

They took RV3, took it apart, put a little RV4 in there and starting expanding the current framework, so its not really a new engine, we already have it :)

Everything they mention is gonna come into the game, one bit at a time, over the next 1-2 years, so just sit back and see how it unfolds.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

More like a branch of RV, which only caries over the basic algorythms in the core engine. When they are done with it, its gonna be so far from RV, it deserves its own name.

Everything else is being build from scratch, to meet the requirements of the game. Thats why we dont have respawning loot, respawning zombies, zombies at all actually, vehicles, and what ever else we had in the mod.

They took RV3, took it apart, put a little RV4 in there and starting expanding the current framework, so its not really a new engine, we already have it :)

Everything they mention is gonna come into the game, one bit at a time, over the next 1-2 years, so just sit back and see how it unfolds.

I am for the most part skeptical about that, by definition if the core algorithms and underlying basic architecture is retained and ported over to a new engine at the most basic level the engine functions the same with the addition of the new coding and what not built upon it. I cannot saw how that affects general function of a new product so i cannot say it still retain the same problems and restrictions of RV but if the underlying structure and architecture that is being ported over and built upon is the cause of all the hindrances in RV then we might as well not give it a new name.

But none of us are part of BI so we cant say for sure, I take it upon myself to first be skeptical and doubtful of anything that is released to the public media because any statements or claims may simply be PR exaggerations, and hence i dont believe a word of what Dean promises until i see it actualized. So we will see how this goes.

A toast to a wonderful and promise fulfilling future for ENFUSION.

I am for the most part skeptical about that, by definition if the core algorithms and underlying basic architecture is retained and ported over to a new engine at the most basic level the engine functions the same with the addition of the new coding and what not built upon it. I cannot saw how that affects general function of a new product so i cannot say it still retain the same problems and restrictions of RV but if the underlying structure and architecture that is being ported over and built upon is the cause of all the hindrances in RV then we might as well not give it a new name.

But none of us are part of BI so we cant say for sure, I take it upon myself to first be skeptical and doubtful of anything that is released to the public media because any statements or claims may simply be PR exaggerations, and hence i dont believe a word of what Dean promises until i see it actualized. So we will see how this goes.

Well, if you're gonna be skeptical and doubtful already then why ask for technical information on this Enfusion engine? Not making much sense.  :huh:

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 2

You have every right to be skeptical :)

My faith in Dean him self, have dropped abit, but i have a lot of faith in BI, as ive enjoyed theyre product for many years and im quite impressed with what they have created in the past.

That being said, some problems have been very persistant in the RV engine BI Studios have used for the games, but i believe that is the very reason they are stripping the engine and building it up again, they want to fix some of the bugs in the engine and expand its capabilities.

Will they do it? Nobody knows at this point, but they are definitely heading in the right direction.

We can give our input and let them know what our whishes are, but in the end its not our desicion, how this game comes out.

We cant do anything but keep up with the news and updates, and have faith in the end product tbh :)

• Like 1

to enfusion engine?

im dying to know

ive watched the interview but it didnt exactly cover it

Then his question is.... when will we know this has changed enough to be considered the newly built engine.  But there is no answer for that.

From what I've gathered Enfusion is just the name for what they will be calling the engine from now on, and you can expect to see 64 bit support, DX11 support, and some other fancy stuff.

• Like 1

Then his question is.... when will we know this has changed enough to be considered the newly built engine.  But there is no answer for that.

It has changed enough to warrant the name they have given it, which is "Enfusion".

Technically.. You're already playing it.

I guess that you could say when DX11, New Renderer  arrive that it would truly become a different engine.However,  Bearing in mind that many things under the hood have already been added.. the modular inventory system, navmesh , Ragdoll physics, Item conditions, attachments etc etc

• Like 2

Well Navmesh really let me down so Im hesitant to be excited about another fancy name/feature called enfusion.

Just telling us how they are fixing it would have been good. Coming up with a marketing ploy in order to dazzle or distract us is troubling.

From what I've gathered Enfusion is just the name for what they will be calling the engine from now on, and you can expect to see 64 bit support, DX11 support, and some other fancy stuff.

54 bit has only been confirmed server-side, not client side.

Well Navmesh really let me down

You say that like its a completely finished and implemented improvement.

Well Navmesh really let me down so Im hesitant to be excited about another fancy name/feature called enfusion.

Just telling us how they are fixing it would have been good. Coming up with a marketing ploy in order to dazzle or distract us is troubling.

Navmesh works, we still have zeds clipping through walls because of other issues.

Quote from reddit

–]eugenhartonBuild & Environment Engineer 35 points

1 day ago *  

It would help to be more specific each time you write something like this, zombies have many issues and each and one of them is or will be worked on. This is no easy task.

Movement : Navmesh is working fine, we have improved version internaly, however zombies moving through walls atm is animation and geometry issue. That is being worked on as well. Long term though since animation system has to be replaced.

Desync : mostly item synchronization issue , server performance (not server fps), is again fixed internaly. It was introduced after persistence, loot respawn and cleanup. This introduced different sleep arrays for items,mobiles and thus had a lot of issues at the begging.

AI : need hardcoded engine sensors, script is not getting there, worked on.

Amount : Mostly server performance and network code, which is constantly being worked on, long term goal as well.

Stealth : Part of AI and sensors

Damage : Damage system and hardcoded events

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2e6el9/are_the_broken_zombies_fixed_in_49/cjwi079

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 2

Yeah to be fair, I will hold final judgement of zombies after all of the core is fixed. It is unfairto judge zombies at current state.