bob119800

Suicide Option?

I was playing DayZ today and I got a spawn in the mainland, since I wanted to be near the coast I tried to suicide to get a different spawn, So I jumped off the tallest spot I could find around me but it just broke my leg, then when I was trying to get back up to that spot I glitched out and went into an area you can't get out of if your prone, so yeah... now I have to wait for my charactor to starve to death. This is why I think there should be on option to suicide, like, if you where actually in this situation you could A. crawl out of this area, B. Find a rock and stab yourself, or C. basically anything but just sit here. (P.S I'm under a catwalk and the bars to hold it up wont let me get out)

Awww crap i don't like this spawn, it's too challenging..... *suicide* 

Cool! i spawned next to the NWAF!!!

Edited by The Lone Survivor
  • Like 14

I agree, a suicide option is necessary. The animations are already in-game, as far as I'm aware, it's just a case of implementing them.

You should see if you can call a medic. I think there's a thread somewhere on the forums. They can come and patch you up, or someone can come kill you. Either that or wait for a character reset, but no telling how long that'll take.

Alternatively you could just leave the game running in the background for an hour or so. That should kill you.

Hey, in my defense I just got this game a few days ago and I don't know the map very well so at the moment I'm sticking near the coast 

My legs are broken in experimental branch, im inside a small shop and cant get out and i even have a rifle with ammo but i cant fucking suicide.!!!

(This is real)

While I'm generally against people suiciding to spawn near better areas/with friends, it's incredibly easy to do so by just jumping off of buildings and cliffs, so having the animation which they clearly already have in the trailer doesn't seem too problematic to me.

Also, I am aware that there are glitches that can get you stuck in places, unable to escape, so suicide would be legitimate for getting out of those spots.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

FUCKING. SEARCH. BUTTON.

HOT DAMN IN A CAN.

Links or don't bother.

There should only be a suicide option if you have broken legs, if you break your legs in the middle of nowhere It would be extremely boring to crawl back. but if we add a suicide option then people will just keep committing suicide until they get the best spawn there is.

Edited by ghasteater100

Obviously you would need a gun. 

You could also try chocking yourself with the battery or hang yourself from your t-shirt.

But while running in woods and suddenly breaking your leg(s) laying there with pistol in your hand waiting for death just seems stupid.

• Like 2

suicide with a knife, or a weapon, I agree.
anything else would support spawning wherever you like.

• Like 2

There should only be a suicide option if you have broken legs, if you break your legs in the middle of nowhere It would be extremely boring to crawl back. but if we add a suicide option then people will just keep committing suicide until they get the best spawn there is.

Players can break legs because of glitches and fall through the map, in these scenarios there should be a possibility to suicide IMO, because waiting for yourself to die seems stupid then.

Hey, maybe they could add like a daily limit for how many times a player can suicide? Like, 4-5 Suicides for each player? That would make sense if you ask me...

Players can break legs because of glitches and fall through the map, in these scenarios there should be a possibility to suicide IMO, because waiting for yourself to die seems stupid then.

Hey, maybe they could add like a daily limit for how many times a player can suicide? Like, 4-5 Suicides for each player? That would make sense if you ask me...

Then up and down the coast of High pop servers you see bambi bodies everywhere

Then up and down the coast of High pop servers you see bambi bodies everywhere

Because we don't anyway with bandits?

I'm not sure why you think everyone would just do it all the time, it's quicker to just run to a town and meet up with friends since you might spawn further away.

I think this would be a great option I remember one time I was food poisoned and starving and I was running for like half an hour trying to find one of those barns and kill myself because it was so obviously hopeless.

If people in a DayZ situation where starving to death or had broken limbs they probably would just kill themselves so it's a good option.

Maybe if you suicide that way then it could have a longer timer than a regular respawn? You shouldn't be rewarded for giving up by only having to wait 30 seconds, 180 at least.

Harakiri! xD Seppuku should be added lol. Maybe a bit too brutal though. But so is shooting yourself with a pistol. 

It definitely needs to happen, and soon. Especially with Alpha, people get stuck in places where they shouldn't, and can't do anything anymore. I'm stuck in the foundation of a building, and have been waiting to die of dehydration for the last day (real time). In hindsight, I should have brought a rotten fruit, but it would be simpler if you could just off yourself w/o taking up the extra slot.

Suicide option is something I think should only be implemented if they add respawn timers.  First death is a few minutes, each one after adds 10 min (which reduces as you play, obviously).  This way if you keep suiciding, you will end up with a 10 or 20 minute wait to play... if you get killed after playing 10 minutes, you'll respawn instantly.

• Like 1

Option to respawn with the drawback of it being in the worst, yet manageable, spot.

Make 'suicide island' maybe. Perhaps a patch of land, far north of svetlo with no loot but enough zombies to kill a fresh spawn.

Option to respawn with the drawback of it being in the worst, yet manageable, spot.

Make 'suicide island' maybe. Perhaps a patch of land, far north of svetlo with no loot but enough zombies to kill a fresh spawn.

A little island facing Solnichniy, from where you would have to swim few minutes to finally reach coast, act as respawn timer as Rigor Mortis said.

I agree, a suicide option is necessary. The animations are already in-game, as far as I'm aware, it's just a case of implementing them.

No i've had enough, piss off you hary cunt. You people with your idiotic suggestions on how to make the game easier is pissing me off and you should leave. Are you autistic? Or can you simply not think why this would be a horrible thing in the game.

You should see if you can call a medic. I think there's a thread somewhere on the forums. They can come and patch you up, or someone can come kill you. Either that or wait for a character reset, but no telling how long that'll take.

Alternatively you could just leave the game running in the background for an hour or so. That should kill you.

wait, there is this girl commiting suicide in the "official trailer", right? so I guess there will be options to kill yourself sooner or later (apart from jumping off buildings etc.)