SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Hate the rubberbanding when you leave a police station and then rubberband back into the upstairs room that you can't get out of.... only way to die is wait for hunger.... needs to be a way to kill yourself with an axe or gun...though I am out of bullets... someone please come shoot me. Can't even throw my gear out the window.....ahhhhhh

crawl away or eat some food. these are the biggest helps for this right now 

Any idea why at some servers you get hardly no rubber banding and other servers it's game breaking. Like me, I play fine at DE servers, but imposible at UK servers. Server hardware/bandwidth? 40vs30 players so big difference? And i know it's not just random or luck. It's been like that since the last exp. release. Ping is not so different either, from where i play. Anyways game is at it's best so far in exp. Once they fix the rubber banding thing... it will be epic. :thumbsup:

Attention attention, ladies and gentlemen:

Plan for release of 0.45 to Stable
May 28 - rocket2guns
Originally we planned to release the 0.45, currently on experimental branch, to stable today. However feedback from experimental identified a flaw in a newly designed system to handle player movement. This causes the server to, when faced with complex geometry, come up with a different acceptable pathing result than a client. When the server and client have differing states, the server "wins". Therefore the place your client lets you go gets "reset" and you warp back to your position.

This is very frustrating as I am sure those testing on experimental will know. We know exactly the problem that causes this, it's not a bug in a traditional sense but a problem with the approach we used. Currently that approach is being rewritten.

What we did do was merge in some changes to 0.44 that enhance security. There are some loopholes in the game that have not been utilizing our client-server architecture and we will continue to work on these to reduce the impact of hacking and exploiting in the game.

Please report any issues with the game to our feedback tracker at feedback.dayzgame.com

http://steamcommunity.com/games/221100/announcements/detail/1388545662300044295

So we should expect a fix and a stable release in a few days I suppose.

Edited by osallivan

Another bug I have noticed is I'm getting shot at and hit but dont hear any sound at all...anyone else getting this? Only my screen goes a little blurry and I notice I am bleeding or my cloths and items are damaged....even with the mosin at far range you should hear something.

Another bug I have noticed is I'm getting shot at and hit but dont hear any sound at all...anyone else getting this? Only my screen goes a little blurry and I notice I am bleeding or my cloths and items are damaged....even with the mosin at far range you should hear something.

Haven't shots over some distance always gotten unhearable (is that a word?) at some distance? Was sniped at at the neaf hangars in my early days, scared me so much I did 2 360s, the impact in the hangar wall belw me away. The shot was not heard though...

I think there are also some bugs in the sound system. Just today we heard a mosin shot, it was quite loud. With we I mean some other dude and I. The third one next to us heard nothing at all.

Seriously? That's pretty lame you can eat raw meat just fine, it's natural.

I hope they change that in future.

Raw meat isn't natural to stuff your face with at all, it can give you major food poisoning.

Spawned in a new spot... City sign says "Kapmahobka" where am I??? Its not on the dayzdb.com map

Dayz dayz dayz gimme dayz ! ... Considering McDonalds preserves their food so much , a fast food building should be added in which you could find old Mcdoubles and vegetables ... I'm eating mcdoubles on my break waiting for the dayz .

Spawned in a new spot... City sign says "Kapmahobka" where am I??? Its not on the dayzdb.com map

Karmanakovka! The town that was supposed to be in the last patch but didnt make it til this experimental one I think .

Raw meat isn't natural to stuff your face with at all, it can give you major food poisoning.

Only if it's not prepared properly.

If you kill a deer, cut out it's heart and devour it all that might happen is you'll get a bit sick because you're not used to it. Cooking isn't part of our DNA we've not evolved to need it we just prefer it.

So long as the animal in question isn't diseased it would be fine.

That's another thing they could do add in the occasional ill animal, maybe they could have a different character model that you need to look at carefully.

So you could have hunted the thing for a while, finally took it out with your only bullet and then find out the meat is no good, would make for some interesting gameplay.

• Like 1

This experimental I have to say is the worst I've seen. Rubberbanding, crashes to desktop, lost sessions..... can hardly even stay on a server to test, too many disconnects.

Experimental is for us to learn and explore.  To the retards who KoS no matter what, please keep it in stable.  

Within 30 seconds of my first spawn in experimental I was shot on sight.  Between that and rubberbanding its going to be a really slow process.

I'm normally a KoS bandit, but on XP i ran around travelling with a group of 8 friendly players before the serv reset, and since then i've been helping fresh spawns telling them where the new places are, giving food an stuff, telling them how to avoid rubber banding. As soon as someone tried to shoot me though me an my friends kill him, there's a place and time for slaying, that's not what experimental is about.

^agreed. Exp servers are for testing shit out, not for testing shenanigans that would result in a lack of those testing shit out. I personally think it only hurts progression, if you're legit there to submit your findings. Pissing contests are reserved for stable releases is the mindset I carry. I'm careful and will watch like a predator, but I always let the other person go on their way. They never know. They are a tester just like everyone else.

Edited by Gekkonidae

Also found in this experimental that eating food sometimes doesnt fix being hungry. Ate 3 full cans of beans and it still showed me as extremely hungry....hmmm

Anybody see this? A ton of loot spawns in the sky west of Karmanovka. Quite a spectacle! I just reported on the bug tracker.

2014_05_27_00001.jpg

2014_05_27_00002.jpg

2014_05_27_00003.jpg

2014_05_27_00004.jpg

• Like 1

These character resets are getting quite annoying, going from fully geared with 20 fish fillets full orel outfit and pimped akm to a bitch with a flashlight is starting to get on my nerves

• Like 1

These character resets are getting quite annoying, going from fully geared with 20 fish fillets full orel outfit and pimped akm to a bitch with a flashlight is starting to get on my nerves

I've not had one reset on EXP. Maybe you're getting shot in the ass when logging out? Lmao

fuckin' preach!

i HATE the wipes.

i just lost my AKM sporting, 12 cow steak carrying, pristine EVERYTHING character to a FLOOR GLITCH.

i'm stuck in the basement of a house in vybor.

So far ive experienced:

Session lost a lot

Crashes a lot

Lost my drum mag cause i reloaded with only 2 slots available

Random characters per server sometimes it my geared guy sometimes its a bitch with a torch

The session lost's are serv resets as far as i can tell, only thing getting to me is the damn client crash after a serv reset/leaving

So far ive experienced:

Session lost a lot

Crashes a lot

Lost my drum mag cause i reloaded with only 2 slots available

Random characters per server sometimes it my geared guy sometimes its a bitch with a torch

Id check your not joining hardcore servers on the random character issue.

Is it just me or there are no blood sprites animating when your weapons hit anything on experimental, be it zombies or players?

Honestly, I've been too busy looking for all the new things to test that I have not noticed.  I'll have a look.

Is it just me or there are no blood sprites animating when your weapons hit anything on experimental, be it zombies or players?

Zombies yes, I'm pretty certain.

Merged.

I was shooting a guy and I noticed his clothes were ruined (was using PSO so I could tell). After that he stopped and I had a clear headshot, again - no blood. Tried with a zombie, same thing. Maybe it has to do with range, both were at 200-300m.