SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

I've been looking around for a day and night experiment server and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Any information would be helpful.

After we had the experience with 100 player servers on experimental servers about a month ago, it all went quiet as far as I know..

I've never had so much fun in dayz as when we had 100 player servers,

It's so boring now to run inland because you never find anyone except from Berezino to Novo anymore. On the 100 player servers I even found players in Balota.

Can we please get them back? :) If you don't like them it's okay, no one is forcing you to play on them anyway.

It was on experimental just for that reason, as an experiment. They're still sorting out the network architecture but apparently they've made some big steps to make way to 100 man servers since. So no worries, they'll eventually come!

Novodmitrovsk looks great. I'd dare say it's a sniper's heaven, but those FPS in this location are just so low - I didn't get over 16-17 FPS there. I've got HD 7970 and it felt really, really bad.

Feels bad man !

My fps in this city are quiet good, between 25-50, even more than svetlo.

100 player servers is ridiculous in my opinion, playing on experimental on constantly full 45/50 servers is more than enough, you see people everywhere you go. Don't forget its meant to be a lonely apocalypse, not a party everywhere you walk. I think 50 is fine and we need like 100 zombies per person. With 100 players it hardly seems like a zombie apocalypse unless there is like 10,000 zombies.!

• Like 1

100 player servers is ridiculous in my opinion, playing on experimental on constantly full 45/50 servers is more than enough, you see people everywhere you go. Don't forget its meant to be a lonely apocalypse, not a party everywhere you walk. I think 50 is fine and we need like 100 zombies per person. With 100 players it hardly seems like a zombie apocalypse unless there is like 10,000 zombies.!

once people are spread out over the server, making hidden bases, scavenging vehicles and parts any less than 100 p servers will be like playing a single player most of the time unless your at an airfield or popular spawn etc. i would like to see them try to get 250 p servers ideally.

it would be great to have high pop servers right now so spawns can be spread out and we're not playing the same fookin part of the map every time but that would would be the end of testing new items ai etc for the time being which is no option at all.

i also had my best experience to date on the 100 man Servers!

i didnt even have mil-gear or endgame-gear!

Edited by brumey

I actually think the hit detection is a little off in this version, i shot someone who was stood still no less than 10 feet away from me with the shotgun, blood came off him and he ran outside my building, then he came back in walked up the stairs and headshotted me with the Mosin as i shot him a second time (The second shot actually registered this time and he died) 

It seems if I dont walk down every staircase, Ill be stuck rubberbanding on it for up to 10 minutes..... Now i did that in a police station, and im stuck in a room without a working door, so im just gonna have to starve.. any help?

Played about 90 minuts today, allmost no ruberbanding. Anybody else?

Note: I managed to poison myself with raw earthworms. Now to wait...

• Like 1

Just incase you didn't notice the other million reports of the exact same issue, use the search BEFORE you post these things. Kaythxbai

Played about 90 minuts today, allmost no ruberbanding. Anybody else?

Yeah but most here know how to not rubber band, walking out of buildings seems to be the solution.

Also a server after reboot seems to have very little rubber banding.

• Like 1

100 player servers is ridiculous in my opinion, playing on experimental on constantly full 45/50 servers is more than enough, you see people everywhere you go.

Yeah, if you just stay at the spawn areas. For a couple of days I made loot runs between Chernogorsk, Balota and Zelenogorsk. During this time I bumped into players only a couple of times. Considering that I played several hours at a time and the servers were always 30/30 or 40/40 the player encounters were too few IMO.

It seems if I dont walk down every staircase, Ill be stuck rubberbanding on it for up to 10 minutes..... Now i did that in a police station, and im stuck in a room without a working door, so im just gonna have to starve.. any help?

That is a nasty place, but fortunately there is a rather easy way out. I managed to get myself out by running towards the left hand corner (if you look at the door) of the room while spamming prone. This way I got inside the wall. Then I very carefully moved my mouse to the left and got wedged inside the wall. After that I started rolling left and like magic, I clipped to the other side of the wall in the room that usually has books and maps in it.

Also there is another way to get out by sitting in the right hand side corner and then proning or something. But anyway if you get stuck somewhere I'd suggest you to experiment with proning, running towards wall, vaulting, sitting and what ever you can think off.

Note: I managed to poison myself with raw earthworms. Now to wait...

But apparently you don't need my advice anymore.

once people are spread out over the server, making hidden bases, scavenging vehicles and parts any less than 100 p servers will be like playing a single player most of the time unless your at an airfield or popular spawn etc. i would like to see them try to get 250 p servers ideally.

it would be great to have high pop servers right now so spawns can be spread out and we're not playing the same fookin part of the map every time but that would would be the end of testing new items ai etc for the time being which is no option at all.

Not at all there will be people everywhere there will be more people than zombies especially down the east and south coast. the map isn't even that big!

Not at all there will be people everywhere there will be more people than zombies especially down the east and south coast. the map isn't even that big!

I would love to see the map but 4 times bigger, then 100 man servers would have a place!

I do feel the map could be made a lot bigger but that is probably restricted by server/client performance constraints

I disagree, 30-40 man servers on a 225 KM map is to little. There should be people on all sides of the map. If you go inland NW or far east past elecktro there are barely any people around. Also with 100 man servers there might be more player interactions beside KOS. Because when you run for 2 hours and then you see 1 or 2 people your urge to kill them is much greater since your bored to tears. There should be players everywhere, in reality in a 225 square section there should be more than 40 people in that area especically with the amount of towns in that radius. 

• Like 1

I disagree, 30-40 man servers on a 225 KM map is to little. There should be people on all sides of the map. If you go inland NW or far east past elecktro there are barely any people around. Also with 100 man servers there might be more player interactions beside KOS. Because when you run for 2 hours and then you see 1 or 2 people your urge to kill them is much greater since your bored to tears. There should be players everywhere, in reality in a 225 square section there should be more than 40 people in that area especically with the amount of towns in that radius. 

If there are more towns, then yes. I think 100+ will be released when the new island is made.

If there are more towns, then yes. I think 100+ will be released when the new island is made.

new island :o? Cant remember such thing...

Well just my opinion its supposed to be a zombie apocalypse not a busy map like Wasteland or some other game mode where your constantly killing people.

I don;t know what you think the zombie to survivor ratio should be . But I think those 100man servers you will have more players than zombies in some towns. I guess my point is more valid now but if later they can hordes or more amounts of zombies per player then its more fair. I dont know but I think zombies in towns should be in the houses like 2-4 zombies per building and more in big buildings and military locations. Just because there is big towns it shouldn't be full of players it should be full of zombie population. or infected if you call them that.

The map is been expanded all the time so i will re-consider my opinion later when we have full map and more zombies.

Edited by AgentNe0

new island :o? Cant remember such thing...

If you played the mod, you would know what military island I am talking about.

If you played the mod, you would know what military island I am talking about.

I have played mod for too long but still cant remember ><

Probably Utes.

Utes existed very early on but was removed.

Hopefully that means another island is being created.