bioned

im not sure upcoming features are "positive" to the game

i feel like the more they release about dayz

its slowly turning from a modern zombie survival game to a caveman zombie survival game

well bows? there will be technical bows and crossbows so lets call it ok

i agree with the idea that gathering rocks and woods (sound familiar?) is an important aspect of surviving

but i just cant stop thinking about it 

dayz is loosing its modern-ness and morphing into a caveman game..

Dayz would be a better game for it too.

Turning from a pvp game with janky gimmicky zombies into a survival game.

• Like 10

Can't wait for vehicles!

lFboqjQ.jpg

• Like 27

its slowly turning from a modern zombie survival game to a caveman zombie survival game

i agree with the idea that gathering rocks and woods (sound familiar?) is an important aspect of surviving

Well, what you think your gonna get a Dick's & Walmart stores in the apocalypse or something? xD

• Like 6

First of all, it's in Russia, a very poor section of Russia, as well. In real life, you also wouldn't have electricity, you wouldn't be warming up by a heater, no ovens. You need to gather wood/rocks to cook, bows are a very practical weapon as more people own bows/bows don't require a liscence (At least I don't think they do)

First of all, it's in Russia, a very poor section of Russia, as well.

Chernarus =/= Russia

On topic.

Well if some of the folks on this forum are to be believed, they'd have us all playing WWII zombies with our PPSh's and Mosin's only!

However, these things (like starting fires) are fundamental aspects of modern survival. They're tried and true methods that have crossed the ages. Man can always make use of a fire.

The "modern" stuff like stoves and stuff will still be there.

• Like 4

the next few patches:

GUNS

GUNS

GUNS

MAYBE A BOW

GUNS

CROSSBOW MAYBE

GUNS

GUNS

GUNS

SOME MORE GUNS

AMMO TYPES FOR ALL THE GUNS

GUNS

oh and maybe cooking lol jk JUST MORE GUNS

• Like 10

After the events of DayZ you don't plan missions on Mars anymore. It's slowly losing modernness and you improvise.

• Like 1

The guy wants champagne and caviar, not pipsi and beans.

Would you like a limousine sir, so you don't have to walk and run.

• Like 6

Well, thinking about it alright.

Bandits will turn into golem and stuff which im looking forwards to, so you are on topic about whole cavemen thing.

Alright, i'm going to go off topic, bare with for a moment.

Ever read/watched the hunger games? Well that's in the future and they have hovercrafts and some other future shit.

Do they use machine guns in the arena? Nope. Is it a fight for survival. Yes. So lighting fires and making traps is a very common thing in the books and films.

So imagine the same thing but in a poor ex-soviet state. Yes you'll have military weapons and hunting rifles but I can imagine that a lot of people will use spears and javelins to hunt etc.

Bows and stuff too probably. So is it really a bad thing?

We don't know how long it's been since everything was "Normal" maybe all the guns have gone and you have to craft weapons from what you find in the woods. Kinda like Rust.

>K thnx 4 ur tiem bi bi

First of all, it's in Russia, a very poor section of Russia, as well. In real life, you also wouldn't have electricity, you wouldn't be warming up by a heater, no ovens. You need to gather wood/rocks to cook, bows are a very practical weapon as more people own bows/bows don't require a liscence (At least I don't think they do)

eh, I'm not so sure about the bows comment. While they exist everywhere, I think guns are almost always more prevalent, especially after a military standoff with an army of infected. Couple that with the portability of bullets, and guns have a real reason to exist in a Zed world.

• Like 2

What would happen if society were to crumble? We would revert back to having to make camp fires and get used to not having electricity and running water.

I'm delighted the hunting aspect is coming in.

I would however, welcome an underground bunker perhaps with its own power supply. That you could adapt and live in. That is getting much too far ahead of myself though.

Wishful thinking.

I like bows :) 

I am armed to the teeth with all secondary weapons, a primary but mostly kill zeds with the axe, as a shot alerts so many zeds that it became more or less useless. 

Guns only server to kill other players. 

But if it's like in the mod, not enough arrows and you can't pick them up often enough.

:D, i see what you mean. I suppose to a certain extent it would go back in time (in a break down of society), but not that far :). I think the good thing is though, im sure if you want to avoid these aspects of the game you will be able to and there will be still alot left over to do. I think it will have servers that end up filling up with different people wanting different things from the game. Fear not :). At the moment the SA is not quite what im wanting too so i know just how you feel, but im a bit of a digging in, stocking up, salvaging and base building kinda person here. So literally, there is nothing for me yet :). We just go on our private server on the mod nowadays and are waiting to see how it develops. But, like i said, fear not, there will be somewhere for us all to go in the end im sure of that. :). For now, lets continue ripping the dev team to bits for being money grabbing slow coach's, while other alpha survival games of the same type with far less revenue continue to progress faster. 

• Like 1

These features will be good. Being able to fashion tribal style weapons from the woods will be great. Ineffective, not durable weapons, but makeshift and tribal and shit.

1. Apocalypse happens

2. society crumbles apart

3. manufacturing of all items ceases, no food is farmed, medicine is rare as is every other manufactured item

4. People have to rely on older methods of doing things.

5. things wear down from use and parts must be replaced but parts are rare.

6. without experts with the knowledge to do things, even basic farming is beyond most people - how many people even know how to skin an animal? Who's going to know how to make parts for machinery.

7. slowly over time things devolve until humans can get together in large enough numbers again to have the necessary skill, knowledge and labour force to put things back on track.

Of course things are going to go backwards unless you're saying zombies are going to work serving me burgers? "Oh sorry sir, I think my ear fell in your chips"

• Like 1

I almost wish the game took place in like the 1950s and the first item to be released was a black powder rifle.

A ultra realistic survival game set in the 1950s would have been awesome.

Very poor?  Unlike the Flintstones joke above, Czech is not in a stoneage, nor an amish farming community.  Check it out on google maps.  Most towns seem to be pretty well off.  New cars, latest cellphone adds, happy people going about their day.  the cities are cleaner then most up here in Canada.

Lots of last century anti-Russian propaganda still causing racism against our sisters and brothers from another mother(Russia.)

Edited by Gorvi

Honestly i think NEW FEATURES = good. Dont see anything wrong with it. Also very excited to try out bows whence they come out.

eh, I'm not so sure about the bows comment. While they exist everywhere, I think guns are almost always more prevalent, especially after a military standoff with an army of infected. Couple that with the portability of bullets, and guns have a real reason to exist in a Zed world.

By practical, I mean that it would be fairly easy to make one, unlike a gun, which requires a great amount of skill to craft/make.