bioned

im not sure upcoming features are "positive" to the game

1. Apocalypse happens

2. society crumbles apart

3. manufacturing of all items ceases, no food is farmed, medicine is rare as is every other manufactured item

4. People have to rely on older methods of doing things.

5. things wear down from use and parts must be replaced but parts are rare.

6. without experts with the knowledge to do things, even basic farming is beyond most people - how many people even know how to skin an animal? Who's going to know how to make parts for machinery.

7. slowly over time things devolve until humans can get together in large enough numbers again to have the necessary skill, knowledge and labour force to put things back on track.

Of course things are going to go backwards unless you're saying zombies are going to work serving me burgers? "Oh sorry sir, I think my ear fell in your chips"

To a huge extent, your already served burgers by zombies, :), lol, or sheep. Whichever you prefer. But, im sure not all the people working in those places are clueless or thick, far from it, with the way things are now, we probably have many over educated people doing them jobs and stacking shelves. 

Not that difficult I made both crossbow and bow myself many years ago, and those worked pretty well. Eventually my parents took away most of it when we started making pointy arrows but it's really not -that- hard.

edit: the bow was based of an SAS survival guide, the crossbow was made using a cycling flag pole (flexible plastic stick) cut in three and taped together and a wooden base.

I understand that people like guns and eastern european countries are loaded with those (seriously why would anyone living in a crappy wooden shed spend their money on guns is beyond me though) but let's just assume everyone and most of their guns took of to safer places and those washing up ashore just need to make due with what's left.

I'd love to see more decay on weapons though.

The problem is that people are trying to have it both ways. Yes, you can make a bow or crossbow out of trash, but it will be only mildly effective. People are posting, however, what a cross-bow can do, using the most modern and edge-case bows and crossbows, to show effectiveness.

If they make the bow effective to 50 feet and fail to penetrate thick clothing, sure, realism for home-built bows. If they make them effective to 200 yards and able to punch through body-armor, they better be rare professional bows/crossbows and arrows, that aren't improvised.

Personally, I prefer the game as one of primarily scavenging for survival over unrealistic crafting.

It's because, well. We are. 

Sorry to burst your bubble.

On-topic: More authentic survival elements are welcomed greatly by me. Now, get on to makin' just about everything a bit more indepth and less arcadey.

Eh, your opinion. While you were inventing your zipper and zamboni, we were busy making blockbuster movies, winning wars, and going to the moon. Sorry buddy.

On Topic, as well. I would love to get more immersion, but if we don't have vehicles, I think the arcade fps is a better feel UNTIL we get transportation.

Ok so why don't you book a trip. Come here to Michigan and stay a full night in Detroit and talk to everyone you see. Oh and try not to be racist now. You will get your ass beaten.

DETROIT IS NOT A STATE IT A CITY!!

Wtf dude?! XD

Haha, I know!!! I live in the Midwest, it's just due to the fact that I always go on the forums at night, often quite late such as midnight or 1 AM, though right now, it's 9 PM, so I can think straight. Anyway, Detroit is very poor and dangerous, you know that. I love Michigan, though, Detroit is one of my favorite baseball teams... Kinda... I'm a Twins fan so it's a bit conflicting, but whatever.

As I have learned, Chernarus is not the Czech republic. First, it uses the cyrillic alphabet.

Edit: I had this beautifully worded response written out and it was all ruined. 

I'll make this brief: Deathlove, regarding the racists in Detroit, that's why there was a great "flight", especially after the race riots of '68. We all know what the real problem is, and it isn't "racists".

First and second world don't refer to economic status, but to alignment with NATO or the warsaw pact. Crazy spider, you fail social studies.

I know, I know. I was just really pissed that this guy thought Chernarus was Czech, and that he is one of those all-mighty fucking Canadians, so I went along with my midnight mad-typing train, whilst doing social studies homework... How Ironic...

I never implied we are better.  I just don't go assuming other counties are shit.  Ive been to America and its a lovely country.  Little more trash tossed on the ground for my canadain liking, but eh.

Either way.  Chernarus is based from real life locations you can view on google maps street view.  It reflects ingame.  Most cities and houses have plumbing, electricity and any other luxury we are granted in 1st world nations.  Chernarus has diners, restaurants, shops, and water towers all over the place.  Problem are early in development, only one type of building, and are assets from arma.  Buildings are hugely still work in progress.

You know all those pumps are for non drinkable water in real life, right?  Most of them don't even work anymore, and I suspect it will be the same in DayZ.

Nice to know that you like America. I like Canada, I know many people from there, since I live in Minnesota, but some are complete assholes. Try to figure that one out.

Eh, your opinion. While you were inventing your zipper and zamboni, we were busy making blockbuster movies, winning wars, and going to the moon. Sorry buddy.

Someone is a bit touchy eh? Can't take a joke, everything is super srs time when talking about someone's country right? It's not like the country your born in is just pure luck and clinging to fervent national pride is kind of a joke. Let's celebrate the fact that I got lucky at life, YAY!

-_-

• Like 2

how does number 7 happen when everyone just kills each other. how can one get any skills or gain any survivors for a group when all that happens is survivors killing other survivors.maybe when base building gets added or helis and I'm sure they won't be filled with killers flying the coast machine gunning everything. a scene from platoon comes to mind.

Because in RL people wouldn't be killing each other.

To a huge extent, your already served burgers by zombies, :), lol, or sheep. Whichever you prefer. But, im sure not all the people working in those places are clueless or thick, far from it, with the way things are now, we probably have many over educated people doing them jobs and stacking shelves. 

I never said people were clueless or thick btw, that one is totally on you mine was a DayZ joke ;). 

As for job opportunities, it all depends where you live. I live near London so there's plenty of jobs whereas if I was in some welsh village up in the brecon beacons my options are going to be limited.

The problem is that people are trying to have it both ways. Yes, you can make a bow or crossbow out of trash, but it will be only mildly effective. People are posting, however, what a cross-bow can do, using the most modern and edge-case bows and crossbows, to show effectiveness.

If they make the bow effective to 50 feet and fail to penetrate thick clothing, sure, realism for home-built bows. If they make them effective to 200 yards and able to punch through body-armor, they better be rare professional bows/crossbows and arrows, that aren't improvised.

Personally, I prefer the game as one of primarily scavenging for survival over unrealistic crafting.

Unless you're British. We inherently know how to build quality bows from a wood of your choosing except English Oak.

i feel like the more they release about dayz

its slowly turning from a modern zombie survival game to a caveman zombie survival game

well bows? there will be technical bows and crossbows so lets call it ok

i agree with the idea that gathering rocks and woods (sound familiar?) is an important aspect of surviving

but i just cant stop thinking about it 

dayz is loosing its modern-ness and morphing into a caveman game..

ya if be pissed off if you saw everyone running around with stone spear  and stick and rope bows (which IS actually suggested, but makes almost no sense.) and everyone would be playing Indians in electro, i wouldnt be suprised if they let you build TPs and let you wear feathers on your head. 

I find a bow being a good choice for a weapon for many reasons. Don't see how it affects the game negatively. It is not like you could order a pizza with your iphone in a apocalyptic wasteland.

I never said people were clueless or thick btw, that one is totally on you mine was a DayZ joke ;). 

As for job opportunities, it all depends where you live. I live near London so there's plenty of jobs whereas if I was in some welsh village up in the brecon beacons my options are going to be limited.

Doesnt matter what job you have, we are all slaves regardless and slaves to debt under our corporate "person" status, no matter how intelligent people are, no matter whether some have worked out whats going on or not, we are all corporate debt slaves. There are some that are not and have broke off the system, but, very few. We are sheep that simply never questions the paper in our pockets, so often used, the paper that means more than human life every time. Once its spotted where money comes from, how its created. The rest as they say, is history. But, we wont go political or too deep, its reality, and its coming for all to see at an ever growing pace because the fraudulent "debt" is now coming home to roost. 

Doesnt matter what job you have, we are all slaves regardless and slaves to debt under our corporate "person" status, no matter how intelligent people are, no matter whether some have worked out whats going on or not, we are all corporate debt slaves. There are some that are not and have broke off the system, but, very few. We are sheep that simply never questions the paper in our pockets, so often used, the paper that means more than human life every time. Once its spotted where money comes from, how its created. The rest as they say, is history. But, we wont go political or too deep, its reality, and its coming for all to see at an ever growing pace because the fraudulent "debt" is now coming home to roost. 

I am just happy that I can get physical and essential items for pieces of paper that I get for what I enjoy doing. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Oh you're a conspiracy theorists.

I am just happy that I can get physical and essential items for pieces of paper that I get for what I enjoy doing. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

:), we can at the moment, but, the downward spiral will not end im afraid. Someday it will catch up with us all. pretty much dont buy anything myself besides food and drink. Just the occasional treat like this game here and there. Here is an interesting link where its explained rather well by a really nice man from the UK called justin walker. http://www.ukcolumn.org/video/justin-walker-bcg-conference-bankers-bradburys-and-carnage-western-front  * message to moderator This is just an independent news site and im exercising my right to free speech under common law..*  Funny, they miss this sort of stuff out of our "national curriculum" isn't it :). 

Oh you're a conspiracy theorists.

LOL, no, i just know whats going on financially. http://www.ukcolumn.org/bring-back-the-bradbury    http://www.ukcolumn.org/video/justin-walker-bcg-conference-bankers-bradburys-and-carnage-western-front,   here is somthing's that can explain it a little easier for you. there is No "theory" about the history your not taught in school. 

:), we can at the moment, but, the downward spiral will not end im afraid. Someday it will catch up with us all. pretty much dont buy anything myself besides food and drink. Just the occasional treat like this game here and there. Here is an interesting link where its explained rather well by a really nice man from the UK called justin walker. http://www.ukcolumn.org/video/justin-walker-bcg-conference-bankers-bradburys-and-carnage-western-front  * message to moderator This is just an independent news site and im exercising my right to free speech under common law..*  Funny, they miss this sort of stuff out of our "national curriculum" isn't it :). 

Well, I enjoy it as it lasts.

I can't unfortunately watch videos here but I can imagine what it speaks of. Nothing is persistent, that is known to mankind for entire existence of ours.

I think I will manage myself whatever comes. Unless it is another war and I die there. Those things happen occasionally.

Uh, we went way off-topic here so I just stop it here :)

• Like 1

Well, I enjoy it as it lasts.

I can't unfortunately watch videos here but I can imagine what it speaks of. Nothing is persistent, that is known to mankind for entire existence of ours.

I think I will manage myself whatever comes. Unless it is another war and I die there. Those things happen occasionally.

Uh, we went way off-topic here so I just stop it here :)

All the best :). 

LOL, no, i just know whats going on financially. http://www.ukcolumn.org/bring-back-the-bradbury    http://www.ukcolumn.org/video/justin-walker-bcg-conference-bankers-bradburys-and-carnage-western-front,   here is somthing's that can explain it a little easier for you. there is No "theory" about the history your not taught in school. 

Yes I'm sure you know what's going on financially. It's all those chemtrails affecting the sheep right that's the problem here? It's called society, people were just as much a sheep to it as they were when we were cavemen, just like every social animal in the world is. IS it perfect? Not by a longshot.

This is on test, right?

He looks like he got kicked in the nuts!

• Like 1

The OP realizes that the modern weapons and equipment aren't disappearing, right?  If you want to live in the woods with home made weapons and clothes made out of a burlap sack (or maybe animal skins), you can do that.  Anything to add variety so every player doesn't look like either a Spetsnaz commando or like they just looted a Dick's Sporting Goods.