smoq2

faking death

But of course other players my loot you. Not saying you can be double tapped and that game would go for real. ;)

Still good idea tho!

Your screen should also go black when you fake your death because IRL you would have your eyes closed. This would also make it more fair for both the attacker and the victim. Besides, you can hear the things around you anyway, so you would just have to determine the right time to get back up and hope that you were right.

Actually, most people die with their eyes open. And the war movie thing where dtamatic music plays as the deads eyes are closed? Dont always work, they pop opensometimes and you pretty much slap them closed. This is coming from a hunter, and my families military/le/ems experience.

But, I think you should have them closed by default, and open them with a button. Thenrisk twitching whenyou leave them open without blinking.

Actually, most people die with their eyes open. And the war movie thing where dtamatic music plays as the deads eyes are closed? Dont always work, they pop opensometimes and you pretty much slap them closed. This is coming from a hunter, and my families military/le/ems experience.

But, I think you should have them closed by default, and open them with a button. Thenrisk twitching whenyou leave them open without blinking.

I know that people generally die with their eyes open, but when someone is faking their death they tend to keep them shut. Generally out of fear, but also because the attacker could see their eyes moving and know that they aren't dead (obviously not possible to replicate in dayz, but you get the point).

Edited by Jiggly Ritz

The idea of "checking pulse" I read on here not so long ago would add a very interesting dynamic to this idea

This is why I watch zombieland heavily rule number 38 double tap I might even say triple tap the head to be sure I always double or triple tap people to make sure theyre really dead so I think eventually this would be useless as thats what people would end up doing

I fully support this idea. I was about to type this as a suggestion when I saw someone already made a post about it.

i like this idea because it has worked on me, well almost ... =]  basically i was at the military base just south of NWAF in that hay field and i get the pounce on these two decked out players having a pow wow  and i just start shooting(don't cry, military bases are PVP zones and you know it) but this guy laid down as i shot his buddy and i thought i had finished him, so i stopped shooting, he gave it away tho because he started to crawl so i dropped some more ammo into him.   But that was the first time i thought, wow what if he had a shotgun and i just walked right up there ... >.>

Edited by Rats In Your Milk

I really like this idea. I tried to fake dead by going prone on a rooftop.... didn't work but it was worth a shot.... literally. bwhahaha

Sounds like a great idea! If they do implement it, i can defiantly see some funny moments :3

Your quote in your signature is in Comic Sans... I'm dying of laughter right now.

Also, yeah, this is a good suggestion. +1

Feign death was in warcraft, it often made for some hilarious times \o/

Hope this does come to DayZ/DayZSA.

Pretty good idea, beans for you. Of course the pulse check mechanic could be used to check if they were actually dead. Also it would be interesting if your stillness was affected by your fatigue. So for example, if you have been running for 1km straight with all your heavy gear, it would be very difficult to control your breathing enough to appear dead.

Good idea.

The problem is, people don't roleplay. They learn mechanics and play around those. In other words people will start shooting corpses.

On 3/28/2014 at 12:08 PM, thedogfoodyayho said:

+1

But once bayonets are added, so we can stab dose bodies.

Possum Shish Kabob....   Delicious!

10 hours ago, VodkaFish said:

Possum Shish Kabob....   Delicious!

Don't necro a 5+ year old topic with a pointless comment, please.