SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

Pretty poor still, but better. The interaction is better in that you can sneak around them now although they seem to have a habit of tagging me when I'm trying to quench my thirst. The animations are still pants and their speed is a little concerning although they do tire. The downside of this is it has become a bit of a game of kiting when overwhelmed. Run them off till they tire then finish them off. If you try to engage them it's like I would imaging fighting Neo from the matrix was like, they hit you multiple times within seconds and pop in and out of your sight-line, they move completely unrealistically for a biped subjected to physics.

But the other factors are game engine limitation? This was never developed for melee as the engine was designed for shooting so can it even be improved upon. And why the heck dont we have a weapon melee option and knockdowns? If a Zed gets too close to shoot you could be damn sure I would smash my rifle or pistol into it with the resultant breathing room it gives to slot it. And conversely if a Zed belts me hard enough I should stumble or tumble. Too much missing with sloppy controls.

They aren't done, that's basically how the zombies and most things in this game are. 

So an honest answer may not be applicable in a little bit when 0.56 is out. 

Am I supposed to give a fuck what you think/say?

Less of this, please.

• Like 2

They're better. I didn't play the mod so I can't compare, but compared to a couple of months ago they're vastly improved. In addition to improvements to AI they're now much less likely to drift through doors and walls. In my experience it's very rare for them to ignore obstacles, though it's not uncommon for them to be able to hit you through walls or from a distance of several meters, so watch out for that.

- are there more zombies?

- are they dangerous?

- do they have a good AI?

- what about zombies spawning? how had that changed?

There are more than before, sure.

If you have really any gun, they are trivial at best. The fact that the player has unlimited stamina and can outrun the zombies make them basically a negated presence on the field. Also, I spawned in fresh on a private server a couple days ago and let 3 zombies beat the tar out of me until I fell unconscious just to see how much damage I could take. Excluding the 5 hits or so I took when I first spawned, they hit me at least 25 times before I lost consciousness. 

The zombie AI has better pathfinding than before and they don't clip through solid objects (i.e. walls) as much as they did before. However, they are still pretty damn stupid. For example, they pile into the back of V3S trucks when you drive into a town, do not attack the truck, and don't switch aggro to you when you get out.

Zombies spawn in an area only when you leave the area. This means that once you kill the X number of zombies that inhabit Y town that you are in, no more spawn until you leave. Rather anticlimactic overall. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy

patience my friends patience they are getting better in all aspects every update lately adds a little more to them. i say enjoy them not being a real bad threat while you can because sooner or later they are gonna be causing tears to flow and rage to quit. hell i can't wait to die in a wimper to the bastards i'll be giddy as a school girl.

Zombies really were never a threat, until this recent couple patches. DayZ was more just like a pvp, survival game than a zombie. I really like how they are going with the zombies, you gotta be careful because they hit you easier now. Zombies in the mod, you just ran in a tree or a bush, took out your hatchet, and killed them. So it wasn't that much of a zombie problem in the mod either. Other than that see where the future takes the zombies to. 

Lmao what? So he's allowed to "mock" what I said and i'm not allowed to respond in a way I feel appropriate?

Both of you are wrong. The difference is that you were more aggressive.

• Like 1

I've noticed that firing a gun in towns isn't really that bad, seems like there is a limited range that the Z's can actually hear. Only on a handful of times have I ever really had to deal with more zombies running over even though they were ( I thought at least) within earshot. 

So I was just minding my own business looting a house hospital and all of a sudden a zombie outa no where starts whaling on me. 

The ONE zombie hit me maybe 5-6 times and ruined everything I had on me.  Everything was pristine as well!  I had a Military Pants, Military Uniform Jacket, a vest and a Taloon Backpack on full of stuff and ONE zombie ruined it all!

Shit like this makes me start hating this game!

So I was just minding my own business looting a house hospital and all of a sudden a zombie outa no where starts whaling on me. 

The ONE zombie hit me maybe 5-6 times and ruined everything I had on me.  Everything was pristine as well!  I had a Military Pants, Military Uniform Jacket, a vest and a Taloon Backpack on full of stuff and ONE zombie ruined it all!

Shit like this makes me start hating this game!

Lesson 1: Don't get attached to your gear

Lesson 2: Keep an eagle eye on your surroundings at all times.

Lesson 3: Don't run, or even move quickly, through cities. It is possible (very possible) to sneak around zombies, and fast movement only attracts attention, both from zombies and other players

Lesson 4: -ahem-

DON'T GET ATTACHED TO YOUR GEAR

• Like 2

Lesson 1: Don't get attached to your gear

I wasn't attached to my gear. Its w/e. I just find it bullshit ONE zombie can ruin everything I'm wearing.

if only the attacks had the chance to infect disease then damaged clothing would be the least of our concerns.

Edited by gannon46

(me in a bulding): so zombitch hows it going out there (zombie): grrrrrrrrrrrr me: hey do you dream zombitch (zombitch): grrrrrrrrrrrr ok bye bye (sks gunshots)

hey, i have problem,  Zombies Going through door, and they hitting me far away when iam in the room and no zombie close to me :/ (sorry for my bad english)

Hello Khaled and welcome to DayZ ;)

For the love of God, please fix the horrible fighting mechanics when facing zombies!

Have the DEVs completely forgot that this is a ZOMBIE survival game and not just a SURVIVAL game?  It is impossible to kill zombies within reason.  Just the complete hand  weapon combat needs soooo much work. I could really care less about the new items yall are placing into the game.  I want to be able to go into a town and kill some zombies while I am there.  Not run from them every time one comes after me because they beat you unconscious.  One around 2 weapons will kill a zombie with 2-3 blows, other than that you better run. You might as well remove them because the mechanics are complete broke.  Very frustrating to play.

Again, please get back to the main focus on the game which is ZOMBIES.  I love the game in almost every direction that you guys are going, except for the fact that the game has been out over a year and the Zombie combat is still 100% broken.

Please if anyone else feels the same, speak up so we can get this addressed.  

Dunno about zeds being difficult to kill... even if I decide to go full Mike Tyson on them I can usually take one out without taking any damage to my gear or springing a blood leak.

Not sure exactly what you are complaining about. Do you want them easier to kill? Because I think they could use a buff. Zeds should be FEARED, even more so than players in my opinion. That would facilitate grouping up and discourage KOS.

Always remember, the mechanics are constantly being tweaked, and the zeds probably (hopefully) aren't in a final state. You've gotta admit that they have been a lot more broken in previous patches, so you could at least admit the devs are heading in the right direction.

The devs know about the issue, and are working on it. Just recently they added a knockback (Which is no where near completed), they are working on a crawling version of zombies, they are working on the number count, zombies are a WIP, and yes, they're actually working on it. No disrespect intended, but have you been paying attention at all?

(Oh and despite the amount of times I called them zombies, that's not what they are, and while the game is practically a zombie survival game, it is not solely focused on the zombies. This game is made up of everything combined, so no, the main focus is not the 'ZOMBIES', it's the hardcore survival and the variety of interactions players have during their struggles)

• Like 2

The devs know about the issue, and are working on it. Just recently they added a knockback (Which is no where near completed), they are working on a crawling version of zombies, they are working on the number count, zombies are a WIP, and yes, they're actually working on it. No disrespect intended, but have you been paying attention at all?

(Oh and despite the amount of times I called them zombies, that's not what they are, and while the game is practically a zombie survival game, it is not solely focused on the zombies. This game is made up of everything combined, so no, the main focus is not the 'ZOMBIES', it's the hardcore survival and the variety of interactions players have during their struggles)

Oh so we shifting from zombie survival game to a "survival game" where oh looky there are also zombies.

I understand that fanboys absolutely LOVE this game,I do too (bought a new PC just to run DayZ better), but for the love of god. Stop telling yourself that a game called DAYZ with emphasis on the "Z" does not have main focus on the ZOMBIES!

Dayz without zombies is one of zillion mods for ARMA where you can free roam a huge map and have continuus battles with factions or go lone wolf while having to cater to bodily needs.

So DayZ actually has primary emphasis on Zombies, yes.

It is another thing that people have subconciously start reverting from zombies because they are such crap right now. And for a long time.

"Stop telling yourself that a game called DAYZ with emphasis on the "Z" does not have main focus on the ZOMBIES!"

according to devs, Z stands for zero, "the start of your story" blah blah.. 

zombies are WIP, and have gotten a lot better since the start.

and to OP, I've gone Mike Tyson, Babe ruth, Cherpa Tensing Norgay, Paul Bunyan, Farmer Joe, Bob the builder, MC Hammer, super Mario, Machete,  Gordon Freeman, King arthur and Wayne Gretzky on zombies. And i have ONCE been knocked out, because I was starving. The zeds are supposed to make you want to sneak and/or run away... 

And on top of that, there are zombies in ex. the walking dead. But it makes for a real shit-show if they are the main antagonists in the series.

edit: also, yes, the Z need a LOT of work. but IMO, they need to get a lot harder.

Edited by SpoonsandForks
  • Like 4